Sign in to follow this  
michael219

Has anyone found any AKs in 0.55 stable?

Hey Survivors,

I really am enjoying the new 0.55 patch. I really like how I am using more of the games features and items that I wouldn't normally use back in 0.54. Anyways, I am kind of ticked off because my friend and I killed this guy at the NWAF and he had an AKM and I took it. I ended up making a gun stash in the woods and I dropped my AKM and then 20 seconds later, I got no message recieved. Then I logged back and all my other guns were there except the AKM. I guess just bad luck, the server did not save the AKM.

So, has anyone found any at the mil bases recently, it seems with persistance and all that they are no where to be seen. I am just mad because the one I had disappeared so I am trying to look for a new one, otherwise, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Thanks!

yes. as soon as the patch was released i instantly found an AK-74 on the floor in the lobby of a school. 

i also found mags on military trucks, jeeps and etc.

orel gear, police gear, RAK, MP5 and all sorts of junk spawn on the downed tanks (meaning NEAF is actually #1 military base behind severograd's trucks in this patch)

rak mags,mp5 mags and etc spawn on police cars

barracks = not where to look for guns really at the moment

yellow gunhouse also doesnt spawn guns regularly anymore. 

Edited by Wookieenoob

I've not found a single item at any military building, though I've only checked a handful.

It's actually quite refreshing. I was running around up north and got shot at with what I think was a repeater. They missed the first shot so I was able to get away. If they'd had a full-auto weapon I wouldn't have stood half a chance. Shots were whizzing past my head as I ran through the village and into the trees. I've never had that experience before and it was incredible. I circled back round to see if I could find the guy but had no luck. Heard some shots go off in the distance and headed that way when the server went down.

I'm not against full-auto weapons - certainly not SMGs - but given how powerful they are I think they should be incredibly rare. This wasn't an opinion I held before, but seeing how fun it is fighting with limited ammo against an opponent that can't just spray bullets in your general direction from great range... have to say I love it.

AKMs are a little rarer but they do spawn

Ak74s (and Aks74u) are pretty common from previously mentioned military -jeeps-

Have not seen post .55 ak101

There is another common area AKs spawn but ill let you figure that out

found one but dropped it because I've yet to see a mag anywhere for one, and have nowhere to put one until tents stop vanishing.

AKMs are a little rarer but they do spawn

Ak74s (and Aks74u) are pretty common from previously mentioned military -jeeps-

Have not seen post .55 ak101

There is another common area AKs spawn but ill let you figure that out

The only other place I have see ak things spawn is on the porch of those small military buildings on the coast that you cant enter. I havent seen any at police stations or barracks, so where else would they spawn? The only places I have found a gun so far in this patch are an outhouse, big warehouse, and police stations. Where else do they spawn?

Weapons are rare but they spawn. Ammo is a whole different story... Gawd ammo is so rare now :(

5, I've found 2 x AK74U, 2 x AK74 and 1 x AKM.

I've found around six or seven magazines for 5.45 and 3 for 7.62.

They spawn in all the places they previously spawned and a few new ones besides. If anything, the 74u and 74 are slightly easier to find than before in my experience.

Will second the "haven't seen an AK101 in 0.55", I have one on hardcore but that predates the current loot system but I don't think that's a bad thing as it's an extremely nice gun and the only AK that can mount both the PSO1 and the suppressor east, it would be overpowered if it was a common weapon.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

If anyone actually finds an AK101 do share the spot, still haven't seen an AKs on the private server I've been playing.

2x AK74 and 1xAK74U all from police cars inland.

Just found an AK101 today at a US heli crash, still struggling to find mags for it tho so I might drop it and keep my M4 instead.

Gawd ammo is so rare now :(

It is pretty tough to find, and I kind of like that it has become a commodity. You're basically forced to shoot zombies, and they are infinite in number when you consider server restarts, so with a finite number of bullets you have to really choose your battles wisely.

• Like 1

Glad I hoard a lot of .45 mag, 5.56 and some 7.62X39 mags before patch lol

Yep apperantly both AK101 and AK101 mags only spawn at MI-8 helicrash sites and are both really rare, you will mostly find AUGs and M4's with magazines for them.

i have 2 ak-74u and a ak-74 2 drum mags and a mp5 with all attachments except the buttstock. mil stuff easier to find in this update if you know where to look i found none of the items listed at mil-bases all in residential or industrial areas. i know the building they spawn in but i think telling you would ruin the experience of looking for stuff i'm sure someone has already listed it anyway

• Like 1

It is pretty tough to find, and I kind of like that it has become a commodity. You're basically forced to shoot zombies, and they are infinite in number when you consider server restarts, so with a finite number of bullets you have to really choose your battles wisely.

forced to shoot zeds what? i don't understand i looted towns unarmed for like 3 days and had no issues have none of you played metal gear especially metal gear 3 the stealth is basically the same if you get caught you run they lose stamina then you break line of sight hide or circle back around to where you were looting and go on as before. i'm not hating on you but i really don't understand why folks still try and melee the zeds i do like to shoot them when its fun or they are in my way but it is possible now to loot any area unarmed which i love and the stealth is only gonna get better i can't wait for audio to impact stealth that's going to be boss.

forced to shoot zeds what? i don't understand i looted towns unarmed for like 3 days and had no issues have none of you played metal gear especially metal gear 3 the stealth is basically the same if you get caught you run they lose stamina then you break line of sight hide or circle back around to where you were looting and go on as before. i'm not hating on you but i really don't understand why folks still try and melee the zeds i do like to shoot them when its fun or they are in my way but it is possible now to loot any area unarmed which i love and the stealth is only gonna get better i can't wait for audio to impact stealth that's going to be boss.

Doing all that running is wasting resources too, you're just wasting calories and water instead of bullets. I'm perfectly capable of being stealthy, but it's not the most time-effective option at my disposal, and is often annoyingly difficult in areas with a high density of them. I employ a one-shot-one-kill philosophy, so I'm not exactly being wasteful with my ammo.

Edited by Tatanko

Doing all that running is wasting resources too, you're just wasting calories and water instead of bullets. I'm perfectly capable of being stealthy, but it's not the most time-effective option at my disposal, and is often annoying difficult in areas with a high density of them. I employ a one-shot-one-kill philosophy, so I'm not exactly being wasteful with my ammo.

Agreed.  Cleared out the entire military base outside of Pavlovo with only eight 5.45 rounds.  The silenced AK74u is a godsend.

• Like 1

Picked up an AK74U in an old f building. I've only been playing on one server though.

5, I've found 2 x AK74U, 2 x AK74 and 1 x AKM.

I've found around six or seven magazines for 5.45 and 3 for 7.62.

They spawn in all the places they previously spawned and a few new ones besides. If anything, the 74u and 74 are slightly easier to find than before in my experience.

Will second the "haven't seen an AK101 in 0.55", I have one on hardcore but that predates the current loot system but I don't think that's a bad thing as it's an extremely nice gun and the only AK that can mount both the PSO1 and the suppressor east, it would be overpowered if it was a common weapon.

99% sure that the AK74 will be able to put a pso scope on it in the future because there is scope rails on the side of it same as the 101 and AKM

The only other place I have see ak things spawn is on the porch of those small military buildings on the coast that you cant enter. I havent seen any at police stations or barracks, so where else would they spawn? The only places I have found a gun so far in this patch are an outhouse, big warehouse, and police stations. Where else do they spawn?

They spawn in any random place right now. I found one in a bus stop.

So there isn't any reliable place to find them in? I've been checking both UAZ wrecks and police car wrecks but all I found were ammo and SKS'.

Found an ak74 in a police car last night. Haven't seen a mag since .54 and I play allot.