Sign in to follow this  
[T.K.O]Phantom

Extreme Performance Problems! [0.55]

Hello Survivors out there!,

let's talk about the most awesome Survival-Game on the todays market.

What happend to it? I have to say, that the game allways worked good on my computer. There were no lags, no freezes, no blue-, white-, black-, pinkscreens. Everything just worked. Except the bugs which are normal to dayz.

This is what my PC "looks" like.

• GRAPHICS:    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 (MSI)
  • CPU:               INTEL® CORE i5-4690K 3.50Hz
  • MAINBOARD: ASROCK B85M PRO3
  • All the Software is up to date.

Since 0.55 I've got HUGE problems with the performance of the game. Some times I've got around 10 or less FPS, and then it stucks SO hard, that it's not even playable.

I tried it with different Launch Parameters (-nosplash -noPause -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=8192 -exThreads=8 -malloc=system), with lower settings (which is no the problem in my opinion, because before 0.55 it worked with high - very high settings). So I've got no more ideas now.

What do you guys think? Wait for 0.56? 

For starters, don't bother with launch parameters. None of the legacy ones you've mentioned above even do anything anymore, as I understand it.

As for fixing your problem: sounds like you could use some maintenance, both of your PC and the game. Validate your files, clear your cache, all that good stuff. Give that a try before you go changing anything.

EDIT: Your hardware definitely shouldn't be slowing you down, that's for sure. I have a powerful PC as well, and it experienced no such slow down with the update to 0.55. I have seen a few of my friends of mine struggle with it though (and past updates), and usually the best course of action is to do the maintenance that I mentioned above.

Edited by Tatanko

For starters, don't bother with launch parameters. None of the legacy ones you've mentioned above even do anything anymore, as I understand it.

As for fixing your problem: sounds like you could use some maintenance, both of your PC and the game. Validate your files, clear your cache, all that good stuff. Give that a try before you go changing anything.

EDIT: Your hardware definitely shouldn't be slowing you down, that's for sure. I have a powerful PC as well, and it experienced no such slow down with the update to 0.55. I have seen a few of my friends of mine struggle with it though (and past updates), and usually the best course of action is to do the maintenance that I mentioned above.

Ok, I cleaned the Launch Parameters and checked the Local Data of DayZ via Steam. 

So what is that "clear your cache" you talked about? 

So what is that "clear your cache" you talked about? 

While playing the game, hold the SHIFT key and press the negative/hyphen key on the numpad of your keyboard. Then let go of the shift key and type the word "flush". This will clear out your cache, or at least it is supposed to. I haven't personally done it in a while (haven't needed to) so I'm not sure if it is still working properly as of 0.55. It's technically an old Arma command. 

hold the SHIFT key and press the negative/hyphen key on the numpad of your keyboard. Then let go of the shift key and type the word "flush". This will clear out your cache

Ok, the command works. I'll wait for the next nuclear Lag and give it try then. Then I'll tell if it really works, or not. 

Thanks' a lot! 

Ok, status report: I played for a good hour now, and I noticed some things. At the beginning it worked quiet well. No heavy lags, no nuclear frame drops, everthing worked normal. Not good, but normal. Let's say playable. I spawned in berenzinho, so i lootet there. In the town I got more heavy lags, sometimes freezes for around 5 seconds. Then i ran up the coast, everything worked fine, i had the best fps, seen for a long time - until i entered the large habour up north. There nothing worked anymore. Freezes for arounf 15 seconds, textures didn't load und closing the game took another 10 minutes. I tried it with that cache cleaning, but it only worked for a short time, allways when i tried it.

I hate to say it, but it might be a weird issue specific to 0.55 or something. Every patch seems to affect everyone a little differently, so you might have to tough it out until 0.56 :(

Hm.. Ok, allready thought so. Thank you anyway, I think the Story with that Cache Cleaning thing will help me and my mates in the future. 

Cya in the outback!

There seems to have been a huge gfx performance drop with the latest updates. The one before .55 had it as well, but the one before that was smooth as butter. Definitely has something to do with texture handling as I've never had texture pop in on me. But, with .55, I get zombies that have LOD issues, fences that show up without textures (grey/white walls), and just general low fps in towns. I only run a 680 SC and I've had no major issues until the patch before .55 and .55 itself.