Helldogz

Crafting Questions .55

Hello Survivers,

Due to less item spawn in .55 I started farming cooking and crafting. I got nearly 250 game hours but it seems im uneducated in crafting:

1. I made some gardens close to our base and harvested a lot of foods. But how can i craft new seeds from the fruits? The wiki says there would be a way, but it didnt work.

2. I would like to go on hunt like I did before. But I just have 20 matches left from 0.54 and werent able to find new. How can I manage to get a fire after I used my last match?

3. Even I could make fire after this, I neither have a cooking pot, nor knows someone who have. is it still in the game?

you can throw the meat into the fire & it will still cook.  Pot isn't really required unless your RP'n.

I'll test it in the evening. thank you :-)

you can throw the meat into the fire & it will still cook.  Pot isn't really required unless your RP'n.

Ah, has the mechanic changed in 0.55? Because in .53 and .54 if you just threw it on it would be insta-ruined...

You may still need to do that whole thing with the stones and a pot, as cooking pans aren't fixed yet.

AFAIK you still need a pot/pan.

but to answer all your questions:

1. Use a knife on a fruit to get seeds.

2. Matches seem to be extremely rare, or dont spawn. Road flares are common and you can light fires with them

3. Pots/pans are not spawning this patch as far as ive seen, so SOL...

It dosent work w/o a pot or pan. the fire will just ruin the meet.

AFAIK you still need a pot/pan.

but to answer all your questions:

1. Use a knife on a fruit to get seeds.

2. Matches seem to be extremely rare, or dont spawn. Road flares are common and you can light fires with them

3. Pots/pans are not spawning this patch as far as ive seen, so SOL...

1. i tried with a combat knife (rly common now) and a kitchen knife with fresh harvested fruits, but dosent work. Could you give me farther instructions?

1. i tried with a combat knife (rly common now) and a kitchen knife with fresh harvested fruits, but dosent work. Could you give me farther instructions?

Tomatoes, Zucchini, Pumpkins, and Peppers (to name a couple) are harvestable for seeds with a knife.  I haven't tried lately, but I've done it to I think it was a tomato before.

Also, matches DO spawn, just SUPER rare!  Didn't know about the road flare thing, thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip as for the road flares! As for cutting seeds out - I'm 100% positive that it got sacked in 0.55. I tried to use several kinds of knives on several vegetables, all to no avail. What seeds you find must suffice! Try not to waste your pumpkins too much, especially as they take 4x4 slots now.

One more thing - without matches, I resorted to eat raw meat. All in all, one my character ate 8 raw cow steaks, 2 raw chicken fillets and 4-5 spoiled green peppers. No sickness set in. Just sayin'. Don't try to do that without charcoal and antibiotics, though.

As far as I know cutting out seeds isn't working in 0.55, but it did work in 0.54. I guess it will be fixed along with the other current cooking glitches. If anyone finds pots or matches, they might have been dropped by other players. I have sunk more time into this update than into any other and virtually looked into every house on the map without finding matches or pots. Just to put this in perspective: I found 4 swords in the same time. If there are pots, matches, etc. they must be from another player. 

About cooking on the fire: you can't without a pot and water! The devs stated they are looking for a way to cook over a fire using a stick, which is a sorta mingame in which you have to twist that stick.

If you can eat the raw meat without sickness that's just as well, if not better. I used to enjoy the cooking, as our group is sometimes split up over the map, but we often used to get together at campfires to get ourselves healthy and share some goods before logging off. Dayz is really nice for lonewolfing, but I do think this game is best played with a small group. 

Edited by S3V3N

Tomatoes, Zucchini, Pumpkins, and Peppers (to name a couple) are harvestable for seeds with a knife.  I haven't tried lately, but I've done it to I think it was a tomato before.

Also, matches DO spawn, just SUPER rare!  Didn't know about the road flare thing, thanks for the tip!

It spins me out i play on 3 private servers i have 2 servers im pretty well set up on and a server i use to test things and generally ass about 

Anyway spawn cherno from there to apartments with the school/hospital 4 boxes of matches 

The other 2 servers no matches at all so far 

I've found one box of matches so they do spawn, found them in an outhouse (which is where you'll find everything this patch).  

I've found a few portable gas stoves but no gas canisters, which was an alternative way to cook without matches, simply attach gas to stove and "turn on/turn off".

Haven't seen a pot or a pan either...

I've found one box of matches so they do spawn, found them in an outhouse (which is where you'll find everything this patch).  

I've found a few portable gas stoves but no gas canisters, which was an alternative way to cook without matches, simply attach gas to stove and "turn on/turn off".

Haven't seen a pot or a pan either...

See, I saw a gas cannister and no stove :/  Buddy had a stack of ~70 worn matches that he found.

Funny story bout that...  We were exiting a town and he was having some bad lag from the city.  As a result, his truck was rubberbanding a little.  To be safe, I stayed about 200 yards behind him.  He had a bad patch of lag where his truck teleported inside of my truck, the two vehicles fought for the same space, and I lost.  My truck blew up from the massive damage and I got the little white words we all fear.  He, however, saw no such thing on his screen.  I spawned on the coast and he came to pick me up.  Due to his lag, he insisted that I drive.  We got maybe a klick along and he desynced.  He joined back in and the first thing he said was "I see my body."  Turns out, his desyncing while in the truck led to his body getting "run over" (his pants and everything were ruined just like if he had been hi by a truck).  It also resulted in all of his gear getting duped, much to my benefit ;)  I got fully geared with an AUG, sword, and full inventory of survival gear within an hour ;)