DayZSurvivor1700

New DayZ Update

Whats up Survivors?

I'm fairly certain everyone reading this has played the new update. I'm just here to ask what the hell were the Dev's thinking when they lowered the loot spawn. Prior to this update i would have a character for at least a month (Real Time) without having him die. (Most of the time it would be a player that killed me.) Since this new update, (April 1/15) I haven't been able to survive 30 minutes because i starve to death every time i open the friggin' game. Okay, I understand you Dev's want to make the game more realistic, but it has to be reasonable. You spawn in a city and sometimes there will not even be a single can of food in said city. I find this newly added feature utterly ridiculous and cruel the game was much better before this update. Your character can die of starvation MUCH TOO FAST to lower the food spawns. If you lowered the weapons and loot spawns, that's one thing but taking away what you literally NEED to survive a half an hour is another. 

In conclusion, amp up the food spawns, make your character live much longer before starting to starve and keep making this game as awesome as you guys can! 

Which is dumb, I'm all for the rarity of food. However, dying in 30 mins of starvation is probably the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Did you attempt to find animals when you discovered there was no food in the houses?
Did you try and search apple trees for apples?
Did you know you can craft a fish trap using a water bottle and a knife? You then need earth worms for bait.
Did you know that you can craft a fishing rod?

A lot of people are struggling with this patch but some of this struggle is due to a lack of knowledge.

• Like 2

Did you attempt to find animals when you discovered there was no food in the houses?

Did you know you can craft a fish trap using a water bottle and a knife? You then need earth worms for bait.

A lot of people are struggling with this patch but some of this struggle is due to a lack of knowledge.

In his defence, if he can't find cans of food, how will he find guns or the tools to make a bow?

Apple trees are a pain. With lag and desync, searching for apples once can take a full ninute, most of the time turning up nothing. People don't have the time to pick apples for a whole hour.

Watter bottles seem to be harder to find than food, same with knives. Plus, I played for a few hours before I found a badley damaged shovel.

And finally, fishing rods are very difficult to build. First you need a fishhook, which are rather rare. "But you can make one from bones!" Yeah, fist you need a weapon, ammo, and knife. He might not get lucky. Then theres rope to find, then an axe to chop down the tree, plus trying to actually find an ash tree.

People know this, its just not fesible with out some other starting supplise. But I don't think its as bad an issue as people think. I might just be really lucky, but I got semi geared (no gun though) in 10 min after spawning. And thats in the spawn town.

• Like 1

In his defence, if he can't find cans of food, how will he find guns or the tools to make a bow?

Apple trees are a pain. With lag and desync, searching for apples once can take a full ninute, most of the time turning up nothing. People don't have the time to pick apples for a whole hour.

Watter bottles seem to be harder to find than food, same with knives. Plus, I played for a few hours before I found a badley damaged shovel.

And finally, fishing rods are very difficult to build. First you need a fishhook, which are rather rare. "But you can make one from bones!" Yeah, fist you need a weapon, ammo, and knife. He might not get lucky. Then theres rope to find, then an axe to chop down the tree, plus trying to actually find an ash tree.

People know this, its just not fesible with out some other starting supplise. But I don't think its as bad an issue as people think. I might just be really lucky, but I got semi geared (no gun though) in 10 min after spawning. And thats in the spawn town.

I killed a chicken with an axe.

If he manages to make a bow that could temporarily substitute for a gun, I really like the bow but I haven't used it this patch.

I haven't experienced lag or desync with apple trees so I will take your word for it.

I have found lot's of fishing hooks but maybe I'm lucky because I also have found enough water bottles to make improvised suppressors.

What I suggested isn't easy to do but I just wanted to make people aware that these options are available to them if they do happen to find the right items.

I think you should read more about where this game is headed! It's only going to get A LOT more difficult! :o

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-2015-roadmap/

Woah! I read the roadmap for the first time thoroughly and it looks pretty gnarly!

dying in 30 mins of starvation is probably the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.

woah now, no need to flame.

• Like 1

I'm not sure where you are looking for food and other gear but I have been finding gear everywhere, even in a 30/40 server I was able to get a good bit of starter gear, food and water bottle. Found a trumpet and .22 rounds and a fire axe all near factory down to solinichny, m65 field jacket and press vest. The thing is nothing spawns where it should, the loot table is out of whack. Your usual spots may have loot and they may not, you just have to look in places you're not used to finding loot

Edited by Tobias Winfro

16862197608_f6ee3c38a9_h_d.jpg

oh my gosh wow, you found one box of cereal.

and now that you've taken it, he's still going to starve to death. 

1 hour 15 min work, spawned in cherno made my way to zelengorsk

2015-04-06_00002.jpg

Am i fully decked out like i would be in earlier patches NOPE. but i am far from starving and i have a nice set up going. Sorry if your starving /cant find loot but maybe its time to think maybe i just aint that good at the game?

• Like 2

"The purpose of DayZ was to kill the players over and over again relentlessly without mercy" ~Dean Hall

• Like 5

"The purpose of DayZ was to kill the players over and over again relentlessly without mercy" ~Dean Hall

Dean Hall left the dev team, maybe find a quote from the new head?

Dean Hall left the dev team, maybe find a quote from the new head?

Just because he left does not mean the game is suddenly going to change directions. And I'm pretty sure the new development leader shares the same vision.

No he isn't.. I also found

Rice

Soda

Water

Purification tabs

Seeds

Shovel

Hunting knife

Axe

Sporter

Ammo

Fishing hooks

A bible

Lots of clothes

Wire

Plastic bottles

Then I tried to take on 2 guys and died

The only difference I see post 0.55 is loot is in odd places and some things are too rare (matched and pots) there is no fresh fruit and there seems to be less powerful guns. I was never really one for hunting down AK's anyway..

Best game yet on DayZ last night. :)

Find outhouse and look in every car, truck and jeep you find. BMPs and BRDMS spawn lots of military loot. Police stations have Orel sets galore plus plenty of MP5 mags. If you can't find loot then maybe you are meant to die.

Whats up Survivors?

I'm fairly certain everyone reading this has played the new update. I'm just here to ask what the hell were the Dev's thinking when they lowered the loot spawn. Prior to this update i would have a character for at least a month (Real Time) without having him die. (Most of the time it would be a player that killed me.) Since this new update, (April 1/15) I haven't been able to survive 30 minutes because i starve to death every time i open the friggin' game. Okay, I understand you Dev's want to make the game more realistic, but it has to be reasonable. You spawn in a city and sometimes there will not even be a single can of food in said city. I find this newly added feature utterly ridiculous and cruel the game was much better before this update. Your character can die of starvation MUCH TOO FAST to lower the food spawns. If you lowered the weapons and loot spawns, that's one thing but taking away what you literally NEED to survive a half an hour is another. 

In conclusion, amp up the food spawns, make your character live much longer before starting to starve and keep making this game as awesome as you guys can! 

because loot staying where you leave it and respawning is more important than respawning unlimited grenades akms and 75rnd mags with server restarts

although i don't know who would leave all their clothes and three cans of peaches in their outhouse

Edited by Wookieenoob

I've also noticed loot is in really odd places. I had some rice from before the update so I'm in pretty good shape. But food seems a little rarer, but not too much that you'd starve.

Hunting stands have some good loot. I found a black m65 jacket and black extra pocket vest in ONE stand.

Maybe eventually devs will consider giving us better new spawn gear. Instead of flash lights and batteries we can have a hunting knife and matches.

They struggle because some servers don't have any loot anymore whatsoever. Nothing to hunt or catch things with. Moved over to public servers and those seem to spawn some loot, but not much. And i don't want to play on public so im waiting for .56

Edited by aasand

They struggle because some servers don't have any loot anymore whatsoever. Nothing to hunt or catch things with. Moved over to public servers and those seem to spawn some loot, but not much. And i don't want to play on public so im waiting for .56

It is just going to get harder with .56 and on. 

Those servers have loot.  The players not finding loot are just looking in the same places over and over and not adapting and changing their play styles to match the game getting harder.

I think we have seen enough experienced posters to suspect that loot is basically gone on some servers. Then again, some people said persistence was working fine too...

Well I played pub and private and found good gear on both.. There is some suggestion different servers might be spawning different amounts/types of gear... Not sure if this is true or not...