Sign in to follow this  
PlasticAssasin8 (DayZ)

OH OH - You are Dead - Nooooooooooooo

So here i was about to shoot a zombie and he comes running at me, bang bang , two punches and i am dead. :blush:  Now this is a very sad occurrence for me for it meant that i would ( insert horror music here) have to start again, as bambi , on the coast , with nothing, towns looted, zombies that are super nonhuman.

Oh dear.

I was shattered i was one of the rich as said in another post. Now i was one of the poor. I longed for the easy days of a full belly and loaded gun/s. Now it was pants and a tee shirt.

I spawned near Solnichiny on the beach near the factory, wandered across the tracks checking out the building, 'looted" oooh bugger. Avoiding a couple of zombies by putting trees and walls between me and them. Checked the hospital, picked clean. So clean that there was nothing at all. oooh thats not good at all.

So after the factory check and picking up a stylish bandanna i ran into the trees in the valley between the two hills and came up on a house. As luck would have it, a zombie liked the house as well and paid me a visit.

After a short fight, fists only and he being knocked down and out of i went. Meager pickings , the place had been picked clean. Went to a factory between orl and polana and fought grandpa zomb, survived that one too :P

Still no stuff to grab. I just kept going , not able to take on the Zeds head on, skirting around surely meant missing an opportunity to get some supplies, all the time thinking , " ill be back for you, you mongrel creature".

Brings me to a pic i took, actually i have a whole vid from the spawn to where i am now. I wanted to do it to see how hard it really is, more so against the Z Brigade.

EV3R2g.jpg

Yes that's me drinking from a well with 2 Zeds nearby ( one left and one to the right near the door past the archway) and another two out behind building at my back. I drank till i was hydrated, backed out and snuck up the road. LUCKY i here you say, well you make your own luck by giving it a go rather than saying its too hard.

You can see from the picture that it is very black and whitish, danm Zeds > :(

Just up the road i found a truck, drove of still had only had one can of food, well 30% of a can ( stupid king aurthurs sword)smashed it into a small tree ( really? :rolleyes: ) and the two front tyres busted, only rims, still drove it till it ran out of fuel along way up nth.

Took down a cow with the sword but couldn't skin it cos i didn't find a knife, or more to the point i didn't pick it up when i saw it.

I had nothing to open can with so when i found a pitch fork i grabbed that to use, lost contents but meant i would die.

To the point now where i still dont have a gun, lost a pistol , oops :blush: but i am hydrated and energised and healing. :D :thumbsup:

I will now chill for a bit, stock up on gear and supplies , Because I was Poor and I am now becoming Rich again and i deserve it..........

Cheers

Edited by PlasticAssasin8
  • Like 5

I like the new zombies, they are awesome, this is a surivival game. The only real problem with zombies is that they ruin your now very rare gear (top cloth and pants epecially, vests too) too darn fast - literally 1-2 hits and pristine item is ruined. This, given how rare loot now is, is very wrong. Otherwise they are awesome. 

Edited by SonicSonedit
  • Like 2

I like the new zombies, they are awesome, this is a surivival game. The only real problem with zombies is that they ruin your now very rare gear (top cloth and pants epecially, vests too) too darn fast - literally 1-2 hits and pristine item is ruined. This, given how rare loot now is, is very wrong. Otherwise they are awesome. 

I agree, to a point. I would love to see them a bit weaker, then have about 10x as many as there are now.

After 90 minutes of play on a public server, the game is hard, as it should be, 20% luck, 80% not taking stupid chances.

l7bPuA9.jpg

• Like 5

I agree too, but I would add one more thing to the list, zombies hitting you while they are running, aside from that I love how there are tons of zombies and hordes now

they hit you if you jog. Only time they wont hit you is if you sprint in a line and dont zigzag.

they seem a bit too "stickied" on you and maybe give up a bit too soon.

too darn fast - literally 1-2 hits and pristine item is ruined.

This is not true. On avarage, they hit for allot less dammage than the previous patch. I got hit some 10+ times and none of my pristine items got worn.On many characters.

They can still dish out that annoying, random, super strong punch that ruins your stuff. You just got unlucky.

Edited by halp

ive really enjoyed this game until this last patch (0.55), hints the 1300 hours but when i keep getting one hit by a zombies and I'm dead all sudden, not quite enjoyable for me personally. and, they seem to hit you without showing any animation they're actually hitting you, extremely annoying and frustrating when you're geared far inland and then you suddenly see the "you are dead" screen. i've been playing H1Z1 in the mean time, we'll see how i get on with this game until they sort out this last patch but even if they keep going in a direction where zombies are magically OP, i got my moneys worth from what ive already played (sad though).  i hope you hardcore survivalist who always wanted zombies to be a threat can continue to enjoy it, and hopefully doesn't kill off too much of the player population.

• Like 2

I only posted this to show that you can get in and stay alive even when faced by Zeds fighting , bleeding etc, and being able to skirt around them, and even through them and get away