Sign in to follow this  
pale1776

FinalDayZ- Kilroys Journal

---Day One, Namalsk. April 4th, 2025---

I landed my boat on shore, and built a small fire to warm myself up before I began my journey. I traveled on the roads to increase my chances of finding other survivors. I managed to find some light bulbs- like they're worth anything nowadays- and a spare magazine for my 1911. I was in a small town, not sure which one, when I saw a dead infected. I continued, following a trail of discarded cans and the occasional infected body. Someone was close, I was right on their trail.

I came across another town when I saw another survivor and made contact. Our chat was brief, infected were closing in. He told me his name- Spyrak before I ran into the schoolhouse and he took off down the road. I was trapped on the roof with infected closing, so I jumped. Everything went black.

I awoke by a fire, on the coastline. Spyrak had saved me, I owed him my life. We chatted briefly, and I gave him my last mag for the 1911. We went our separate ways after forming a peace agreement. I only hope that he is safe.

Night is closing in, I have built a fire to keep alive and eat. I'll update later.

Kilroy, out.

----Emergency Update----

Me and Spyrak found a camp inside a city after we met once again. We decided fate had us meet twice already and we should team. We looted decent gear, ALICE packs and Enfield's. Even some matches and a toolkit. We were on the outskirts of the town when I was hit by some sort if SMG. I went down, and rolled behind a lumber pile while Spyrak returned fire. I wasn't hit bad, 3 rounds in the back. We looted the corpse and I noticed the name DAVE scribbled on his vest. Thanks for being a prick DAVE, we could have helped each other.

I still fail to see why we try to be good people, why we even try to survive. Then I look at my new friend Spyrak, young and making the best of this. Hell, I must be the oldest man in the country, 32 years old and a record holder. That, or eceryone else my age is smart enough to hide.

I thought about hiding, but Spyrak keeps restoring my faith in the world, bit by bit.

Kilroy, out

----Nightfall----

Its so damn cold... Even with my warm clothes I can feel the chill. I don't dare to build a fire, I'm horrified to draw the infected here. So I'm sitting in the cab of the Ural. Oh yeah, I should explain.

Me and Spyrak set up camp for the night, and I decided to scout out the area. I found a place on the coast that had 3 vehicles parked in front. 2 pickups- one with a DshKm, haven't seen one of those since Takistan- and a Ural. My Ural now. They were locked, so I checked the door of the house. It was unlocked, and inside was EVERYTHING. Weapons, clothes, food, meds,even the keys to the DshKm and the Ural. I grabbed an M4 with a suppressor and a red dot, as well as two CZ550s an MP5- even an M240 with two 100 round belts. Hot dog, I had it all. Of course I grabbed several backpacks with enough ammo for all of them. I towed the pickup with the Ural away from the camp. I took what I needed for me Spyrak and my yet-to-arrive partner Balto. They had plenty left, so I didn't feel bad.

We set up camp at some old buildings, and are preparing to board them up and start farming. Maybe even a small trading post of sorts.

I guess I'm gonna catch some shut eye, Spyraks out cold. Literally cold. Tomorrow were gonna board up the houses. I just pray that Balto will make it...

Until tomorrow-

Kilroy, out.

Hope y'all enjoyed it, make sure to check out the most hardcore server to exist, FinalDayZ. Here's the link.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213352-hardcore-finaldayz-epoch-survival-the-toughest-server-in-dayz/

On an off note, we lack an Etool to build with. If anyone has one, PM me for a trade.

Trade Items

Mp5, CZ550- Trade one for Etool

M240- Trade for Etool and other items

Pickup- Trade for Stool, and equal value trade items.

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 6

---Day Two, Namalsk. April 5th, 2025---

Made it back to camp today, Spyrak ventured off for supplies. I decided I'd take a walk, and heard barking. I found an old kennel, the only dog alive was starving. I found the keys and let him out, the little guy was happy. Hes a German Shepard, and I named him Rocky.

Back at camp I got a fire going, and heard a high power rifle. We dropped the keys to our trucks somewhere and all our guns were locked inside so all I had was an Axe -Note to self, find hotwire kit- so I ventured towards the sound and announced myself as friendly. The guy turn and took a shot but missed, so I rushed him and buried my hatchet in his skull. God there was a ton of blood... He was military. Frederik Aïenor. I buried him where he fell. My and Rocky sat by the fire to wait for Spyrak...

----Nightfall----

I went out to look for Spyrak by the Sebjan Mine. I didn't find him, but I found three freezing Germans. BigDaddy, as he called himself, Alem..something and I forgot the other guy. They asked for help building a fire, and I had a moral battle. These guys were clearly clueless, unskilled AND had a UAZ. I could let them freeze here and take the car. I could kill them myself an 870 at this range would ensure that. Or I could help them. I built their fire, I'm not a damn killer.

I cooked them some bacon and gave them a few tips and BigDaddy went to the outhouse. We heard an AK,no big deal we just needed to relocate. Then a high powered rifle. Then a pistol. I told the two with me to stay put, if I wasn't back in 5 minutes to head out the back door and run. I took two shots at infected by me, and flanked out into the main yard of the mine. One of the hostiles was rummaging through a corpse, and I took him down with my last shell. I grabbed his SA58 and ran to cover as another hostile opened up. I peeked to take a shot and saw him throw something. The flash of light behind me and my deafness asides from intense ringing told me it was a frag. I took him down, as well as his buddy who came out at the wrong time. All fell silent.

I grabbed some ammo and found BigDaddy, he was dead. I bid farewell to the two and apologized for their loss. They thought I was a hero. I killed three hostile soldiers.

As I walked farther South, I asked myself-Why are the soldiers attacking us all

• Like 5

Another dark tale of life post apocalypse, where eating bacon is an event! Keep 'em coming Owen, great stuff...

• Like 1

---Days Three and Four, Namalsk. April 5th-6th, 2025---

Almost died yesterday. I kept traveling south after the Sebjan Mine incident. I wasn't paying attention, I was still shaky. Those three were the first people I've killed in a true firefight in a long time... Not since Takistan. I guess I can mark down 136,137 and 138 huh?

I was near the coast, a rock face of sorts, when I was hit by a high powered rifle. It knocked me down, and I got up to head behind a tree for cover. I peeked, no sign of the sniper but about six hostiles were spread and coming at me. They were soldiers- same clothes as the ones at the mine. I lifted my suppressed M4 with its aimpoint and squeezed off two shots (I always use single shot. Why suppress an enemy with a mag when yoy can neutralize him with a well placed shot?) at the closest one. Down he went.

I suppose his buddies were pissed, they opened hell. I only peeked once or twice more, killing two more. I thought I could pull it off until more came over the ridge line.

I was surrounded with my back to the rock face and the freezing ocean. Be shot to death or break my neck and freeze? My question was answered when a frag was thrown (for fucks sake, where do I get a case of those?). It landed in front of the tree and I was fine, but I was deaf shot and pinned. I said a quick prayer and turned at a sprint to the rock face.

The soldiers opened fire, I was hit twice that I felt (three actually when we dug the projectiles out) but kept running. I took a leap into the cold water and missed. I landed on a rock, and heard a snap. I knew my leg was gone. The water was cold. Freezing actually. It was a shock, and I literally froze- I couldn't move. I regained my senses and swam about 400 meters around the cliff (I don't even know if it's a cliff. More like a shear drop covered in rocks) and drug myself on shore. Night was falling, so I crawled over to a tree and cut some wood to dry off with a fire. Luckily the old ziploc kept my matches dry. I used some of the wood I cut and tore my spare shirt to make a DIY splint. But it hurts like hell... I wish I had some morphine. Does morphine even exist anymore? I tried to radio Spyrak about what happened, but mostly to see if I could find him. He wouldn't answer, Im scared he may be dead. I was shivering and weak last night, and was horrified the soldiers would find me again. I passed out, and woke up this morning.

On the coast.

By my boat wreck from my arrival.

With a fire.

I don't know what happened, or who did it. Maybe I have a secret benefactor. Maybe it was an angel. Whatever it was, it was Gods grace that it kept me alive.

I'll write when I get home

Kilroy, out.

----Nightfall----

Made it back. Extremely weak. Spyraks still gone, no radio contact. The pain... I'm not even cold. I look outside and don't see snow... I see Chernarus again. I see the Russians running over the hill, them and my teammates dropping to gunfire. Chavez got hit by a DshKm, he's fell on my legs. I remember this day, It was today ten years ago- Holy hell that's bright and hot. I smell the gunpowder burning. I smell the unmistakable scent of the white phosphorus. I smell the flesh burning. I hear the screams... They keep asking me "Why?"

What's it mean? Why are they here? Am I about to finally regroup with my team?

-Including bits from my ArmA novel, the two characters are the same. He's reliving the event that claimed his team as he himself nears death-

• Like 3

Ooh - very cool. I'm rooting for ya...and I'm afraid the south will become more hostile very soon. But it too will have it's rewards for those willing to risk it all. I'm sure I need not worry about you as you're a born survivor.

Do you have a link to your ArmA novel?

(Link moved to front page)

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Hope y'all enjoyed it, make sure to check out the most hardcore server to exist, FinalDayZ. Here's the link.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213352-hardcore-finaldayz-epoch-survival-the-toughest-server-in-dayz/

On an off note, we lack an Etool to build with. If anyone has one, PM me for a trade.

Trade Items

Mp5, CZ550- Trade one for Etool

M240- Trade for Etool and other items

Pickup- Trade for Stool, and equal value trade items.

Still need an E-tool? Carve a handle out of wood and attach scrap metal to make a shovel. Then break the shovel to make a compact E-tool.

More recipes here: http://finaldayzsurvivor.enjin.com/forum/m/22765211/viewthread/18259136-discovered-crafting-recipes