Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

Food Recipe's

So I want to hear your guys idea's on food recipe's. I had one myself earlier which I mentioned in another thread which was a food recipe for a Shish Kebab.

Take one sharpened stick, a bladed tool to cut up sections of your chosen meat and a number of fruits or vegetables. Combine the sections of meat to the sharpened stick with an addition of tomato's, green peppers and zuchini's to make a Shish Kebab, a hearty filling meal which covers a 2x1 space in the Inventory. A shish can be made in any combination of food from an entirely meat shish to a entirely fruit/vegetable shish to a combination of the two.

Edited by Draco122
  • Like 1

Cook some rice, add a can of baked beans and tactical bacon to the pot  for a nice tasty post-apocalypic stew

• Like 4

Take flour (which really should be found in almost every house, or made with almost any plant containing starch), mix with some water and salt, and bake on a hot flat rock. Boom, "survival bread", made the same way for 12,000+ years. Flat, easily stackable, storable and packable, and lightweight and tasty. Mix in some berries, honey, and nuts for even better bread!

Stuffed peppers.  Grind/chop/dice your choice of meat finely and cook.  Cook some rice (add drippings from the meat for extra flavor) then mix with the meat, dole out into bell peppers (with the tops and seeds cut out), sprinkle with 'cheese' made from powdered milk or tactical bacon bits, replace the tops and consume.

Pumpkin pie. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/whole-pumpkin-pie-soup-recipe.htmlsimular to that.

• Like 1

Just a thought.  I can think of a couple of reasons to add food recipes to the game.  A warm meal can help warm you up on a cold day/night.  You could have more calories in a more compact package.  IE my stuffed peppers idea.  You'd have a serving of steak, rice, and peppers in a 1x1 slot.  If they ever make some sort of 'mental' health stat, a warm 'prewar' meal would be a mental boost.

• Like 2

Apple slices with apple sauce served with a side of apple juice.

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

Pickelsteiner, a traditional, southern German stew. Take beef and cut it into cubes and bunch it together with potatoes, carrots, cabbage( preferably green cabbage). Apart from the meat, stomp the rest a bit, so it gets a bit gloppy. Add water, to make it a very thick soup. Everything into one pot and let it cook. Finished.

• Like 1