Sign in to follow this  
archamedes

Power Grids & Character zombies after death

Couple of ideas to add further down the road, probably when the new renderer kicks in and the game gets a bit more stable...

I notice that there are a few power sub stations scattered around the map, would be nice if you are able to get the power on in the small regions where the sub stations are located, so houses have lights, street lights come on (at night) you are able to turn on heaters, cook food from stoves and generally have a little bit of civilization back, until someone blows up the sub station or the server resets.

Alternatively, find power generators that have the same effect, but only for the house you are in. The downside is that generators make noise. But a region that has power from a sub station lights up half the map so anyone will know that there are people nearby

Secondly I hear that in the future zombies will have real clothing items on them, like the ones we find in houses making them look more like players so when you kill them, you can take their clothes if they have the ones you are after.

So with that in mind what with more sicknesses coming into the game it would be cool that if there was a very small chance you get infected by a zombie if you keep getting hit by them too many times (easily treated by antibiotics of course) and if you leave it untreated you get sicker and sicker, coughing and slowing down. If you eventually die, you respawn on the coast as normal, but your dead body then reanimates into a zombie, so you can pretty much run back to where you died, find your previous character still with all your gear on, wandering the land, only for you to kill it and get your gear back. Naturally when the server resets, your zombie will get wiped, but I love the idea of being in a group and when you die of infection, your team mates have to put a bullet in your head or risk your body waking up and attacking them while you are now on the beach crafting a stone knife and laughing at them on teamspeak getting torn to shreds by your old character, because none of them managed to put your old body down for good.

Edited by archamedes

We're the immune from the infection and the infected are not the undead.

Hence, no head shot needed to kill.

Also, generators are planned I believe but somehow I doubt energy sub stations will ever function.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

The whole immune thing could change if public support is in agreement.  at the very least if you succumb to the infection and eventually go unconscious, rather than see a "you are dead" screen, you get a new one saying something along the lines of "You have turned" giving you the only option to respawn. but still, i said the headshot because if your buddies want to save your gear its the better place to shoot rather than ruin your gear if you plan to get it all back

Edited by archamedes

Player zombies not gonna happen.  It goes against the lore, and they also won't do it for gameplay reasons as well as engine limitations.

We will get infections and sick from zombies, but it won't be the zombie virus itself.  We'll catch things like cholera and dysentery.  From what I know we might be able to strip/loot zombies in the future, but to safely wear any gear you'll have to disinfect it first (people can even leave 'trapped' gear, say a couple raincoats smeared with infected blood in a high traffic area).

Repairing a power gird is VERY tedious and hard work, not to mention keeping it running.  One blown transformer can fuck all the systems till it's fixed.  I highly doubt we'll be able to get the power grid up and running, though if we do it'll be endgame and take the effort of the entire server, not just one or two groups, and by that I mean bandits will have to agree not to fuck with the power (and possibly even protect it) in exchange for powering their base or supplies.

On a scaled down system, generators and other means of power are pretty much all but confirmed.

I don't think we should have player zombies but I agree with the idea that the immunity thing is a bit to much. I'd like to see naked Bambi and geared players turned into AI zeds.

It wouldn't be that hard to make it a 5% chance of turning. I think it would add depth.

Maybe make it like blood type. If you're a certain blood type you're not immune.

The whole immune thing could change if public support is in agreement

Nothing in this game will happen because of that, as it should be.  Developers should carry out a goal and game design, not keep catering to the "most" vocal playerbase.

Nothing in this game will happen because of that, as it should be.  Developers should carry out a goal and game design, not keep catering to the "most" vocal playerbase.

but its the most vocal player base that speak out and say what makes a good game. After all if more than one person says something sounds good, then maybe it also sounds good to people who were thinking of buying. After all, what is the point of having pre release alpha with gaming suggestions if the devs aren't prepared to listen? this is the joys of getting a game as its being made because its our voice that helps add to the development of the game. It alos says in the intro that when you accept the alpha terms that nothing is final and everything can change, so even if the lore gets altered because the majority want it, then why not?

but its the most vocal player base that speak out and say what makes a good game. After all if more than one person says something sounds good, then maybe it also sounds good to people who were thinking of buying. After all, what is the point of having pre release alpha with gaming suggestions if the devs aren't prepared to listen? this is the joys of getting a game as its being made because its our voice that helps add to the development of the game. It alos says in the intro that when you accept the alpha terms that nothing is final and everything can change, so even if the lore gets altered because the majority want it, then why not?

Look at how vocal the "playerbase" as in the 1-10 post posters crying like a bunch of little bitches about how .55 ruined their welfare pvp fuck fest on the coast.

The devs should stick to the lore and the roadmap and if a player doesn't like the game they are making... don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave.

As far as sub stations, they don't make power anyway they just split the power coming from the plant and step the voltage down from HV which caries over great distance better to usable voltages that our appliances use.  

• Like 1