Sign in to follow this  
igor-vk

Moaning about death

.55 update is live only two days and all I read is: Kmeee, its too hard!! Kmeeee, zombies are too strong!!! Kmeee, no loot!! kmeee, Im starving to death!!!

Since when is DayZ game about gearing up in 15 minutes and deathmatching in Elektro? You people should search YT for very first videos of dayz mod. In one video there was group of 5-6 survivors, and all they had was Winchester shotgun, one CZ550 and revolvers. And maybe 100 rounds of ammo combined. Zombies killed one by one untill they all died. Or, in other video 4 survivors run chased by dozens of zeds. One guy shoots other guy in legs and zeds eat him alive and others escape. That was real dayz!! 

I dont understand why people insist on PVP in this game, or as they call it "player interacion". Game is so buggy, glitchy.... Why dont they play Arma 3 mods. There are hundreds of great weapons, 80% less bugs and desync, VEHICLES!!, missions....

So what if zombies kill you as fresh spawn?? respawn and next time be more carefull!! Last week everybody was moaning how zeds aggro on you from mile away, now when there is stealth system, its not good again!? 

So what if you starve to death as fresh spawn?? Respawn, and hurry in land, pick apples and beries, maybe make farm plot.

So what if you cant find guns in first 30 minutes?? If you are carefull you can survive for days without fireing single shot.

DayZ devs spoiled comunity when they released early alpha builds without working survival elements. Now when its time to get in real dayz, half of players dont know what to do.

I love how .55 feals, even when half of things are broken. It can only get better. DayZ is returning to its roots!!

• Like 11

.55 update is live only two days and all I read is: Kmeee, its too hard!! Kmeeee, zombies are too strong!!! Kmeee, no loot!! kmeee, Im starving to death!!!

Since when is DayZ game about gearing up in 15 minutes and deathmatching in Elektro? You people should search YT for very first videos of dayz mod. In one video there was group of 5-6 survivors, and all they had was Winchester shotgun, one CZ550 and revolvers. And maybe 100 rounds of ammo combined. Zombies killed one by one untill they all died. Or, in other video 4 survivors run chased by dozens of zeds. One guy shoots other guy in legs and zeds eat him alive and others escape. That was real dayz!! 

I dont understand why people insist on PVP in this game, or as they call it "player interacion". Game is so buggy, glitchy.... Why dont they play Arma 3 mods. There are hundreds of great weapons, 80% less bugs and desync, VEHICLES!!, missions....

So what if zombies kill you as fresh spawn?? respawn and next time be more carefull!! Last week everybody was moaning how zeds aggro on you from mile away, now when there is stealth system, its not good again!? 

So what if you starve to death as fresh spawn?? Respawn, and hurry in land, pick apples and beries, maybe make farm plot.

So what if you cant find guns in first 30 minutes?? If you are carefull you can survive for days without fireing single shot.

DayZ devs spoiled comunity when they released early alpha builds without working survival elements. Now when its time to get in real dayz, half of players dont know what to do.

I love how .55 feals, even when half of things are broken. It can only get better. DayZ is returning to its roots!!

I think the issue is a large portion of the playerbase enjoyed the PVP dynamic of the game. They're not here for the survival part of the game, and as such not firing a gun for two days is not a game they want to play. It's all well and good saying this is"supposed" to be a survival game, and not a PVP game, however for the best part of a year they've made DayZ into a PVP intensive game, and in one update taken a lot of that away (other than fire extinguisher/broom death matches in Elektro). I can understand why many people are annoyed.

I have no issues at all surviving and living off the land in this game, what annoys me is that so many players are now not able to get geared and energised/hydrated and find their way inland for me to kill. I managed to have a 45 minute undisturbed nap in the ATC at NWAF yesterday on a 50 pop server.

If you do head to the east coast as a geared player then all you have to look forward to is being begged repeatedly for food. They're not even trying to bash your brains in with a hammer anymore, just begging for food. It's like going to a Calcutta ghetto. I might put on an OREL uniform and a UN helmet, fill a backpack up with my homegrown zucchini's and pumpkins and head to Kamyshovo in a truck delivering food to the needy.

• Like 5

I really like new zombies, dislike KOS and general PVP in Dayz, but loot is outright broken.

The problem is not that there is no loot (and there IS no loot anywhere), the problem is that there are few players who logged in first, looted all the map and then went on "pwning nabs", while 90% of other players will see empty towns, this is not a good game design.

There is no point playing, because there are some guys, who looted the items, and you will never ever find these items! The only thing is left for you to do is to become a plaything for the one who looted fist. And this is not the DayZ I like.

Yes, in mod there was no abundance of loot but you could always find some usefull loot - if not weapon, then food or tools. Right now the towns in standalone are empty

And also as you metioned - you start with a revolver in mod so you could protect yourself against zombies or players and loot some places with a small amount of zombies, like small villages.

• Like 1

I love it when a Hammer hits the nail on the head.. Not on the thumb.

• Like 1

New zombies are okay... I guess...? I use a suppressed Makarov on a zombie and it dies, then 9 zombies come out so I take my fire axe out, hit the first zombie 3 times and it doesn't die... I run and they hit me while i'm running...? Lol, what? So basically I climbed up a building at 20+ zombies are guarding the way down. I don't mind them taking more damage, but running while multi hitting me is kind of.. meh

• Like 1

I really like new zombies, dislike KOS and general PVP in Dayz, but loot is outright broken.

It will be fixed in next update if not sooner. Maybe not 100% fixed, but it will work better. There are completly broken servers with 0,2% loot, I know. 

I think you can always find enough to survive, and you can hide from geared players on this map forever. 

The main problem you have at the moment isn't necessarily the difficulty, its the loot system. Survival should be the aim of this game without a doubt, but as others have said, with the loot the way it is, and the way hunger and thirst work it is very difficult to survive that first 15 minutes at the moment. I have no problem looting, avoiding zombies and trying to stay alive, that part of the game is my favourite aspect being as I pretty much avoid PVP if I can. The problem is the initial hunger impacting on survival probability. It is rare/improbable you will find any loot besides chemlights where you spawn. If you move further in land the initial houses and villages will have been picked clean also. So to have a chance of surviving you need to make it extremely far in land or up to some of the northern villages just to find some food. Because it will be impossible to cook or grow food until you get further in land as there will be no tools, cooking untensils or axes to make campfires and if you find some matches at the moment, guard them with your life!

As others have said, yes the mod was unforgiving, but you could survive, you could find a tin of beans or a soda and keep yourself going. You didn't need weapons to survive initially other than from other players as you could stealth everywhere, grab a little food and head off across the map. The problem here is, the mechanics in place for survival (hunting, cooking, growing) are impossible to achieve early on (which is as it should be, it should take time to get everything you need for that) but that is not balanced out with being able to get an initial amount of items to get you going. I am not advocating axes and M4s for everyone on the coast, but even getting the materials to build a rudimentary bow to hunt with before you starve to death is nigh on impossible. And even if you do make one and do get some animal meat, you wont be able to cook it because you won't find a cooking pot or tripod until you head in land, which will require sustenance to make the run in land, and then we just circle back around again to the main issue. 

Yes survival should be the focal point of this game, without a doubt. Anything that takes the emphasis of the dumb deathmatch crap people love to do over and over again is a positive. What needs to be fixed is that initial period of starting out. You need a chance and with the loot as it is, there will be people who just starve to death over and over again and then wonder why they are bothering to play this game. Even just removing the initial hungry rating would be beneficial, it would give you a slightly bigger grace period and give you the opportunity to move away from the looted spawn areas and find a bit of starter gear to get yourself going. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of updates. As I have stated elsewhere, I love the update, it just needs a little tweaking and improvement to get it working how it should be in my opinion.. Oh and maybe not having zombies glitch hit me, but thats another discussion :)

• Like 2

I enjoy all of it.

My only complaint about the update is that they still clip rough the wall. Oh and now they don't make a sound.

So we basically have a no clipping ninja ghost zombie.

If they fixed the sound and the no clipping I'd be set 110%

• Like 1

I think the issue is a large portion of the playerbase enjoyed the PVP dynamic of the game. They're not here for the survival part of the game, and as such not firing a gun for two days is not a game they want to play. It's all well and good saying this is"supposed" to be a survival game, and not a PVP game, however for the best part of a year they've made DayZ into a PVP intensive game, and in one update taken a lot of that away (other than fire extinguisher/broom death matches in Elektro). I can understand why many people are annoyed.

I have no issues at all surviving and living off the land in this game, what annoys me is that so many players are now not able to get geared and energised/hydrated and find their way inland for me to kill. I managed to have a 45 minute undisturbed nap in the ATC at NWAF yesterday on a 50 pop server.

If you do head to the east coast as a geared player then all you have to look forward to is being begged repeatedly for food. They're not even trying to bash your brains in with a hammer anymore, just begging for food. It's like going to a Calcutta ghetto. I might put on an OREL uniform and a UN helmet, fill a backpack up with my homegrown zucchini's and pumpkins and head to Kamyshovo in a truck delivering food to the needy.

I'll just leave this here.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/583714726850486273

(Tweet from one of the devs)

• Like 5

-snip-

It's all well and good saying this is"supposed" to be a survival game, and not a PVP game, however for the best part of a year they've made DayZ into a PVP intensive game, and in one update taken a lot of that away (other than fire extinguisher/broom death matches in Elektro). I can understand why many people are annoyed.

-snip-

What the hell are you on about? DayZ IS a survival game and was always being made into one.

IF you read the roadmap before you purchased the game you would have expected these changes.

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-2015-roadmap/

Those of you that want CoD should really go play CoD.

Why should ignorance and the lowest common denominator ruin a unique and long lasting experience for those of us who understand the development road map from the beginning?

People around here are wearing out the Q's on their keyboards and sound like a bunch of butt hurt ignorant babies.

NEWS FLASH - Some "testers" here probably don't belong in DayZ! *gasp*

I was going to make this same very thread... I'm glad someone did.

Edit: I'm so fucking glad the PvP twits are eating shit and puking tears.

They way they've ran this board for the last year was a shame.

nhCCogJ.gif

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

What the hell are you on about? DayZ IS a survival game and was always being made into one.

IF you read the roadmap before you purchased the game you would have expected these changes.

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-2015-roadmap/

Those of you that want CoD should really go play CoD.

Why should ignorance and the lowest common denominator ruin a unique and long lasting experience for those of us who understand the development road map from the beginning?

People around here are wearing out the Q's on their keyboards and sound like a bunch of butt hurt ignorant babies.

NEWS FLASH - Some "testers" here probably don't belong in DayZ! *gasp*

I was going to make this same very thread... I'm glad someone did.

Edit: I'm so fucking glad the PvP twits are eating shit and puking tears.

They way they've ran this board for the last year was a shame.

nhCCogJ.gif

You're of course correct. It is essential that a survival game have dozens of different types of guns, most of which are of a military grade. If I go hunting in real life, I always try and get hold of an Assault Rifle for it. Grenades are pretty essential to survival too.

It turns out the server I was on actually did have an issue with it's loot which has now been fixed, thanks to Eugene and Multiplay. The problem is not as severe as I thought.

I enjoy all play styles within DayZ, and find the survival element as enjoyable as the PVP. I'm not crying at all, however I can understand why those that have come here to only PVP, and have been playing a PVP intensive game might now be annoyed. It would be very ignorant to say this is only a survival game, and PVP is not a major factor to 90% of the player-base.

Although I enjoy the PVP in DayZ, I am not a COD or Battlefield player. I don't like first person shooters, nor small maps, or 15 minute competitions etc. I wouldn't mind seeing less military grade, and complete guns in the game. I would love it if I could find a broken rifle, and then collect materials and tools and repair it, tweak it, and have to make my own bullets.

Eugene might post this week saying this is a survival game, not a PVP game, however the only game the DayZ Devs have made for the last 12 months is a PVP game. Horticulture came in at the end of last year, it's still buggy, cooking meat is still buggy, picking fruit is a very tiresome process. However all the guns seem to kill people pretty easily, not many bugs there right?

Also Biohaze, I don't remember swearing and using foul language in my post, therefore I see no need for your reply to do so. It's a discredit to the point you're trying to make, and to be honest makes you come across as a moron, which I'm sure you're not. I suggest you tidy it up into a more coherent argument.

• Like 1

You had me until you went on about making a farm plot. Yeah I've washed up on a beach, I'm cold and I have a torch. There are people running around trying to kill me and eat me??? I know I'll go and plant a garden...

You're of course correct. It is essential that a survival game have dozens of different types of guns, most of which are of a military grade. If I go hunting in real life, I always try and get hold of an Assault Rifle for it. Grenades are pretty essential to survival too.

It turns out the server I was on actually did have an issue with it's loot which has now been fixed, thanks to Eugene and Multiplay. The problem is not as severe as I thought.

I enjoy all play styles within DayZ, and find the survival element as enjoyable as the PVP. I'm not crying at all, however I can understand why those that have come here to only PVP, and have been playing a PVP intensive game might now be annoyed. It would be very ignorant to say this is only a survival game, and PVP is not a major factor to 90% of the player-base.

Although I enjoy the PVP in DayZ, I am not a COD or Battlefield player. I don't like first person shooters, nor small maps, or 15 minute competitions etc. I wouldn't mind seeing less military grade, and complete guns in the game. I would love it if I could find a broken rifle, and then collect materials and tools and repair it, tweak it, and have to make my own bullets.

Eugene might post this week saying this is a survival game, not a PVP game, however the only game the DayZ Devs have made for the last 12 months is a PVP game. Horticulture came in at the end of last year, it's still buggy, cooking meat is still buggy, picking fruit is a very tiresome process. However all the guns seem to kill people pretty easily, not many bugs there right?

Also Biohaze, I don't remember swearing and using foul language in my post, therefore I see no need for your reply to do so. It's a discredit to the point you're trying to make, and to be honest makes you come across as a moron, which I'm sure you're not. I suggest you tidy it up into a more coherent argument.

The only reason a large population here is so focused on PvP is because the placeholder systems in the game were exploitable to that end.

Military gear is GREAT for killing infected too, isn't it?? Why would that only be for player killers??? <So small minded....

This IS a survival horror game with PvP elements, NOT a PvP game with survival elements.

I'm glad you enjoy a more raw survival experience and are NOT here JUST for the PvP. It shows you have appreciation and imagination.

***My apologies if cursing/foul language bothers you but this board is NOT censored for language and I am by no means required not to curse.

Sometimes the right word is fuck.

If coarse language detracts from my point, it is a price I'm willing to pay.

• Like 3

I've seen more threads complaining about people complaining about .55 than I have actual threads complaining about .55.

• Like 3

The game's going in the right direction, but some people take longer to adjust than others.

Just as it has before during every major change, people will eventually accept them and move on. Just give it time.

• Like 2

You had me until you went on about making a farm plot. Yeah I've washed up on a beach, I'm cold and I have a torch. There are people running around trying to kill me and eat me??? I know I'll go and plant a garden...

When did I said to make farm plot on coast?

When did I said to make farm plot on coast?

If I can find the supplies to do it, I am going to do just that now...

I've seen more threads complaining about people complaining about .55 than I have actual threads complaining about .55.

I agree

• Like 1

I found out the other night that players are now pretty much the fist of the north star. Me and the wife were doing a bit of boxing, i was wearing a motorcycle helmet and she killed me with the 2nd punch. Before you would only get knocked out and i thought that you couldn't get knocked out if wearing a motorbike helmet, but she pretty much punched my skull out the back of my head, so I think they have toughened up players for when they are fresh spawns. Haven't tried it, but maybe you can kill zombies with 2 punches. I also found out that those little hammers that everyone ignores will kill a zombie with a single hit.

However back to the original post. I'm glad that it has taken one update to clean out a lot of people who don't like where the game was always heading. You now have to adapt and change your play style to be a survivor, not a serial killer in a lawless barren world. Apple trees seem to yield more apples than before, so do berries. It made me laugh how some people say the kos will increase much more now, but it hasn't in fact its gone quite dramatically in the opposite direction. People now seem to be helping others, ammo seems harder to find, and those with m4's who would used to rinse out other players won't risk ruining someone elses gear because it doesn't make them better off, plus they can't afford to use the ammo, and then deal with the zombie hordes who come after the person firing the guns.

I have found twice as many players are more friendly now than they used to be, even when fully geared and armed

Edited by archamedes

New zombies are okay... I guess...? I use a suppressed Makarov on a zombie and it dies, then 9 zombies come out so I take my fire axe out, hit the first zombie 3 times and it doesn't die... I run and they hit me while i'm running...? Lol, what? So basically I climbed up a building at 20+ zombies are guarding the way down. I don't mind them taking more damage, but running while multi hitting me is kind of.. meh

This post basically sums up my experience with .55

Loaded up the game because I wanted to see if the new patch made it worth playing. Stealthed around for a bit, aggro'd a zombie through building (yay stealth guyz), try'd to beat him to death with machete, gave up after it ruined my hat/vest/shirt before I hit it three times and ran, took hits the ENTIRE TIME I WAS RUNNING, then had a zombie run round the corner in front of me and KO me.

Respawn'd, instant aggro from a ninja zombie, dead before I could react.

Now patiently awaiting further patches while playing other games.

• Like 1