nudelwalker

Tents have now become more important than ever

Well I won't be home for the next 4 hours and knowing my luck it'll get fucked in 3 hours or so. Wish they'd make those tweets more specific instead of this general nothing.

Honestly I don't particular like the "feature" of dying repeatedly and running back and forth to a tent to stash loot.  It kind of breaks the survival part of the "survival sim" if dying repeatedly is an unavoidable part of the game.  

As for disappearing tents:

Hicks said yesterday that there is a snyc delay that they know of, where sometimes stuff disapears after beeing placed on the ground, but it's just not synced and whil appear after 30 mins, They are fixing this.

EDIT: From Hicks twitter:

"Rolling restarts, with more changes to configuration and persistence reset. Need to get things in order. Sorry for the inconvenience"

so that's why tents also disappeared;)

Well, thx for this reply. Inf act I am also following a similar RP approach, and I myself also don't use my old camps after death, it just feels like cheating a bit.

But I do want people to do it, and I hope a lot of people start building camps and maintaining them, i don't care if they use it after-death.

Why?

Because I LOVE hunting them down and raiding them.

One of the main aspects for me is the "Hunter" feel.

And when I am somewhere in noman's land and suddenly spot a hidden camp, it's just the best feeling of all.

and of course the big rewarding feel of managiong to keep a character alive for a long time and having a stocked up "home" somewhere.

This just pushes the fear of death even more.

Well keep doing what you're doing, and share the spoils with my why dontcha ;)

Forgive me for being disrespectful, but some people take games waaay to serious, and should get a real life outside of DayZ.

Forgot to multiquote this with my last one, so my bad on that one.

Now, see the thing is about this, it's quite obvious you were just being sarcastic with the whole "Forgive me...." bit, and sure, I get it, you didn't agree with what I had to say. And normally, that'd be fine, but when you go and start bringing up topics with which you know not the first thing about (i.e. my personal life), you sound like an enraged 8 year old. I'd like to tell you this, that I do in fact have a life outside of DayZ. I do see the light of day, and all that comes with that. But enough of all that, if you have an actual reason to argue with me, feel free to say it, otherwise don't get your panties in a bunch.

• Like 2

WARNING! Think carefully before you place a tent. I spent all night building an awesome tent city, partially just to have something to do with the 80 tents I found, and partially because it was sure to cause interesting pandemonium when travelers happened across my creation. 

After something like 8 hours of running with full bags back and forth from the areas I was looting to my tent city, farming pumpkins and green peppers, and stashing all kinds of cool stuff (loot is so freakin random right now), all my stuff got deleted. 

WARNING! Think carefully before you place a tent. I spent all night building an awesome tent city, partially just to have something to do with the 80 tents I found, and partially because it was sure to cause interesting pandemonium when travelers happened across my creation.

After something like 8 hours of running with full bags back and forth from the areas I was looting to my tent city, farming pumpkins and green peppers, and stashing all kinds of cool stuff (loot is so freakin random right now), all my stuff got deleted.

Fuck really? I'm scared to log in.

Update, yes they're gone, well fucking played guys *slowclap*

My spare gun aks74u, 2 mags, 4 boxes of ammo, 5 changes of clothes, 2 days food, all my farming shit *poof*.

At least I'm central to a bunch of small towns but it'd be nice to have back the mosin bullets an 9mm shells I used to clear the the surrounding small towns the first time. 

Edited by BCBasher

So now tents get fucked every server restart and because of that I lost a shitload of stuff. Fucking marvelous. And I've already started praising them for this patch.

Put a tent up and put stuff in it, will be interesting to see if it stays or goes, so far it stayed there.

Not too worried about the gear, nothing worth keeping just a test really

Edited by PlasticAssasin8

So now tents get fucked every server restart and because of that I lost a shitload of stuff. Fucking marvelous. And I've already started praising them for this patch.

Is that a question or a confirmation?

I lost mine because of the persistence wipe they announced, now I'm trying to come up with a game plan to recover.

I lost mine because of the persistence wipe they announced, now I'm trying to come up with a game plan to recover.

I'm wondering the same, I was close to setting up a little camp with a pal of mine, but sadly on our adventure for water (I was about to start dying from dehydration) I had managed to climb onto some invisible rocks on the side of a hill and die. So I lost my tent, and my SKS with 100 rounds ;-; And worst of all, I had finally gotten my firefighter uniform. I had all of the uniform, it was beautiful. Stupid rocks....

I'm wondering the same, I was close to setting up a little camp with a pal of mine, but sadly on our adventure for water (I was about to start dying from dehydration) I had managed to climb onto some invisible rocks on the side of a hill and die. So I lost my tent, and my SKS with 100 rounds ;-; And worst of all, I had finally gotten my firefighter uniform. I had all of the uniform, it was beautiful. Stupid rocks....

Damn, my canteen and pet bottle were in mine too. Didn't even think of that until you mentioned hydration. I had a full police uni with blue boots and everything too that'll be sorely missed.

I've got some family stuff upstairs and cant hide in my cave right now and test this stuff, anyone got the dirt on if it safe to start again with the advantages of forced persistence?   

• Like 1

So far I placed two tents and both got fucked after server restarts. I wouldn't be 100% sure but it looks like that, yeah.

So far I placed two tents and both got fucked after server restarts. I wouldn't be 100% sure but it looks like that, yeah.

Seems that way to me too. My tents were fine until the 2nd server restart. That's when I lost them. They survived one restart which is why I thought all was well.

Seems that way to me too. My tents were fine until the 2nd server restart. That's when I lost them. They survived one restart which is why I thought all was well.

I was fine with the loot scarcity but this is fucked up. If we can't store shit this isn't going to work. One hour at the apple tree to get going sure but I'm not interested in playing apple picker sim for an hour every time I log in.

Edited by BCBasher

To be fair there is zero point to play this patch if persistence is fucked as it is. It would've been fine with it but I'm sick and tired of lugging all my shit around with me and supposedly this patch was supposed to remedy that.

Nope my tent is gone. >:(

Glad i did it for a test, damn if this games wants to promote survival then fix stupid stuff like this , otherwise we may as well go back to KOS crap

Are we going to get any official word one when this is going to be sorted?

I was fine with the way it was working yesterday and have a 4 day weekend and shitty weather here. I've been waiting all day for some good news so I can log in and start recovering from this morning setback.

Logged in last night and my tent and it's goodies were gone. I guess it's always possible that someone wandered into the forest and found it, but it is very hard to know if you got discovered, or you got glitched. I wish there was a way to know for sure.

I even waited for the devs to fix it, and when they said it got fixed I deployed my tent and 20 minutes after server restart it was gone