nudelwalker

Tents have now become more important than ever

What maybe good thing to remember now is: Tents.

They have now with both total persistence as well as more (original) hardcore gameplay (sparse loot, more Death) found a new birth as game feature.

Before they where rather useless, but now their time to shine has come!

One important way for your fight on survival is to find a place where you can gather loot. little by little or sometimes lots at once.

Because you will die in this game. again and again.

And then tents come in handy.

And now they will be safed.

Nomore wipes.

I think this will bring us a complete new change of gameplay. Back after long been missed come to old original cores of Dayz Mod days:

hunting & finding hidden camps, raiding them, clan wars, building your own camp, defending it, etc...

I am super f***** excited and hope enough people realize this, because.....it will be glorious.

• Like 5

We do realise it, but you need to realise that DayZ isn't in Beta and there'll be more wipes because of bugged items and stuff. I would love to have everything you mentioned there, but we need to give it some more time before we can experience real wars and building camps. I myself got one camp, but it's hard to maintain it because of persistent loot that is fuc*ed up, some items spawn, some don't, and farming items and other stuff disappear like they shouldn't do.

Forgive me for being disrespectful, but if you EVER return anywhere you stored stuff in a past life/old character, you're just flat out awful. Treat your characters like separate people, different lives, different memories, etc. If you return to a corpse or camp or whatever, or something similar, ugh, just no. Dont.

• Like 1

Forgive me for being disrespectful, but if you EVER return anywhere you stored stuff in a past life/old character, you're just flat out awful. Treat your characters like separate people, different lives, different memories, etc. If you return to a corpse or camp or whatever, or something similar, ugh, just no. Dont.

I think we're kinda free to RP in this sand box the way we want or choose not too.

All of my characters last week and from now on are a part of prepper, militia, whatever and have knowledge of the "clubs" stashes and camps. In the event of something like the outbreak it was already planned to use the stashes to get to the camps, then maintain the stashes. We even all have a laminated map with the most current ones marked for just such an event in our wallets. We wake up wherever, figure out where that is then get on with the plan we spent our weekends practicing for and hoping others lived to meet up.

• Like 3

I think we're kinda free to RP in this sand box the way we want or choose not too.

All of my characters last week and from now on are a part of prepper, militia, whatever and have knowledge of the "clubs" stashes and camps. In the event of something like the outbreak it was already planned to use the stashes to get to the camps, then maintain the stashes. We even all have a laminated map with the most current ones marked for just such an event in our wallets. We wake up wherever, figure out where that is then get on with the plan we spent our weekends practicing for and hoping others lived to meet up.

You're absolutely right of course, no one can say how to play the game, it's about freedom of choice after all. And don't get me wrong, I love the RP spin you approached that at, but why would a militia group or whatever be out with a flashlight, sneakers, a tee, and plain jeans during an outbreak of the magnitude it is. I get you're RP'ing out why you know what you know, but you must admit, it's still illogical. If your characters are all part of a militia, and all part of the same outbreak, how come they all show up at the camp at completely different times, and JUST showed up on the coast.

I get this is a debatable topic, but I don't intend on keeping it going for too long :p You do you, I'll do me c:

I said "prepper, militia, whatever" they're a bunch of alcoholic hillbillys who spend weekends "practicing", drinking beer and "popping off" at stuff with their milsurp armaments. Waking up in strange places in a t-shirt with just a flashlight or some random object is a common "exercise" practiced by these drunken fuck ups. So is showing up late, drunk, both, or not at all. 

• Like 1

I think someone was once a part of DayZ RP. xD

• Like 2

I'm pumped to actually start surviving like the mod!

• Like 1

I like to return to my corpse because i wonder what the attacker took from me, will he hide the body and move on, or stay in the area?

Finding my old body still there is kind of exciting. And weird.

I couldnt care less about the loot ony my body. I play for the stories& experience, not to hoard and kill.

And im just too damn curious not to go back (esp if i died in a weird way).

Its sad watching your own body lol

Weird? I guess..

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

Stryker, I agree with you, but also disagree. I understand the philosophy from a hardcore roleplay standpoint. And that's something I would usually do as well.

But what you need to understand is that some people, including me from time to time, enjoy the endgame (geared and hunting/surviving, be it against players or the environment)far more than the rush of being a fresh spawn in constant danger. For me its the rush of being on the hunt that I enjoy most. But, as said, from time to time I also don't mind starting fresh once in a while.

Its a strange dichotomy. Nobody is more of an advocate of realism and sim elements than me, yet, in the end, we ARE still playing a game, and want to have fun in our own way.

In the end, everyone, including you, will play in the manner that is most fun for them to do so, whatever gives them the most enjoyment. And in terms of exploits (like server hoping or ghosting, etc.), I would rank this pretty low on that list in terms of offensiveness.

• Like 3

Stryker, I agree with you, but also disagree. I understand the philosophy from a hardcore roleplay standpoint. And that's something I would usually do as well.

But what you need to understand is that some people, including me from time to time, enjoy the endgame (geared and hunting/surviving, be it against players or the environment)far more than the rush of being a fresh spawn in constant danger. For me its the rush of being on the hunt that I enjoy most. But, as said, from time to time I also don't mind starting fresh once in a while.

Its a strange dichotomy. Nobody is more of an advocate of realism and sim elements than me, yet, in the end, we ARE still playing a game, and want to have fun in our own way.

In the end, everyone, including you, will play in the manner that is most fun for them to do so, whatever gives them the most enjoyment. And in terms of exploits (like server hoping or ghosting, etc.), I would rank this pretty low on that list in terms of offensiveness.

All very fair points, and I can respect that people play as they please. Even more so that I'm trying out some more restricted communities so I need not play/interfere with those who play like that. For me DayZ is about just the hardcore survive as long and best as possible, doing whatever it takes to do so, yada yada. 

Tents would be great if they wouldn't disappear the second you pitch them.

I pitched 2 tents yesterday and both disappeared instantly.

I pitched them whole holding them in my hands. Maybe I should put them on the ground first?

Tents would be great if they wouldn't disappear the second you pitch them.

I pitched 2 tents yesterday and both disappeared instantly.

I pitched them whole holding them in my hands. Maybe I should put them on the ground first?

I've got two working ones, pitched the from a right click in my backpack.

I've got two working ones, pitched the from a right click in my backpack.

Interesting. It is not a military tent, right?

And you pitched it on .55? Not before?

No point in having tents if theres no loot to store in them. I've found five civ tents so far but have found nothing worth storing in them, except possibly other tents?

• Like 1

The tents seem to be fixed and working now. I had one disappear on me yesterday too. Eugene said they were working on it. I guess they fixed it. I started building my own tent city and everything seems to be persisting as it should.

i pitched one earlier (right click in backpack)

after restart...gone

(occurred on private server)

The tents seem to be fixed and working now. I had one disappear on me yesterday too. Eugene said they were working on it. I guess they fixed it. I started building my own tent city and everything seems to be persisting as it should.

Nice. Will give it a try next time I play. Thanks. :)

Didn't find any in 250+ hours before .55. Found 2 in 10 hours since. Both damaged civilian tents.

Both on the same low pop public server.

Edited by BCBasher

Forgive me for being disrespectful, but some people take games waaay to serious, and should get a real life outside of DayZ.

So far I have found tents to be a big no-no     I find a military tent   pitch it in a good place put a bunch of stuff and.........next day  gone.   Then I find 2 blue tents same day  pitch them close to two good spawn spots in the woods on sparse server........first reset......poof  both gone.   Then I find another military tent put couple of things in it and first reset gone.    Today I find a tent leave town go into hills find a spot accidentally hit G instead of tab and it throws the tent on the ground and poof   gone before I even set it up.

Since I am a loner and basically kill everything within 50 m  I would have big issue pitching a tent and then on Tuesday I'm supposed to take everything out of tent and hold tent until Wednesday wipes and then put back down.   How am I gonna do that if I have to hold tent and all the "extra" stuff I stored in it?   

I am a packrat but in this game  best to just have a vest and just hold a gun.   Thats my other beef is that I have never found my dead body for getting anything back ever in this standalone.   Its always gone.   So its like hardcore Diablo 2   you die you die thats it.  I have been big advocate of Overpochins with build ability, locks, safes and a way to make a spot to live.    This Alpha might not even be Beta until 2020 it seems.  The fact that zombies run up and then lung from 10 feet away with automatic hit everytime and half of those ruin anything you carry on pants, shirt and vest because the animation isn't there yet is a little aggravating.  

I know its not a game yet and thats why I have only put in about 500 hours of play.     It would also be nice if you could actually know what server your on in a private game    I started in one today found a smersh vest in first building and then the server reset and I can't find the game again...........

I'm a fan so enough raggin think I'll go kill something and if I'm lucky I find matches so I can cook it before I eat it.

As for disappearing tents:

Hicks said yesterday that there is a snyc delay that they know of, where sometimes stuff disapears after beeing placed on the ground, but it's just not synced and whil appear after 30 mins, They are fixing this.

EDIT: From Hicks twitter:
"Rolling restarts, with more changes to configuration and persistence reset. Need to get things in order. Sorry for the inconvenience"

so that's why tents also disappeared;)

Well, thx for this reply. Inf act I am also following a similar RP approach, and I myself also don't use my old camps after death, it just feels like cheating a bit.

But I do want people to do it, and I hope a lot of people start building camps and maintaining them, i don't care if they use it after-death.

Why?

Because I LOVE hunting them down and raiding them.

One of the main aspects for me is the "Hunter" feel.

And when I am somewhere in noman's land and suddenly spot a hidden camp, it's just the best feeling of all.

and of course the big rewarding feel of managiong to keep a character alive for a long time and having a stocked up "home" somewhere.

This just pushes the fear of death even more.

Edited by Styrias
  • Like 2

Oh for fuck sakes, this means my tent just got fucked because they wiped persistence?

Oh for fuck sakes, this means my tent just got fucked because they wiped persistence?

The public server I played on tonight restarted about an hour ago. My garden plot did not persist, but my tents and all the stuff contained within them persisted just fine. Maybe the reset is still incoming, but if not, I 'm not sure that they did indeed do a full wipe.