Sign in to follow this  
vinyljunkie

Loot in Deer Stands

Is it only me that misses the loot we used to be able to find in Deer stands? Getting a Kamenka spawn was actually a good thing looting all the Deer stands going north towards Zelenogorsk. Nowadays I don't even bother checking them as all I find is...nothing.

We should be able to find hunting knifes, binoculars, matches, water bottles, compasses, maps, food, hunting rifles and ammo and perhaps camo clothing.

What do you think?

Edited by vinyljunkie

Very nice but I am talking about the DayZ Mod. That's why I posted in the mod section.

When I come back to play someday, I am going to make stocking Deerstands my endgame after gearing up. Literally going around dropping loots at random, for those who may dare to wonder.

Make people think "Holy crap loot spawns in Deerstands now" :)

Edited by NuckFuts
  • Like 1

Not sure why people say they find "nothing" in deer stands unless it's hyperbole.  I find food, bandages, and ammo in deer stands on a regular basis.  Granted, it would be nice to find some higher end stuff for that Kamenka trek North, but perhaps it would make the game too easy considering how many deer stands there are throughout the map?

{"ItemMap","weapon",0.06},{"ItemFlashlight","generic",0.06},{"ItemKnife","generic",0.07},{"ItemMatchbox","generic",0.07},{"ItemCompass","weapon",0.02},{"Crossbow_DZ","weapon",0.02},{"Crossbow_Stock","weapon",0.03},{"MeleeMachete","weapon",0.04},{"huntingrifle","weapon",0.05},{"MR43","weapon",0.08},  {"Winchester1866","weapon",0.06}, {"Mosin_Nagant","weapon",0.01},{"Mosin_Nagant_broken","weapon",0.03}, {"WeaponHolder_ItemDomeTent","object",0.02},{"ItemSandbag","magazine",0.04},{"equip_rope","magazine",0.03},{"TrapBear","magazine",0.01},{"ItemBandage","magazine",0.5},{"ItemHeatPack","magazine",0.02},{"5x_22_LR_17_HMR","magazine",0.03},{"15Rnd_W1866_Slug","magazine",0.06},{"10x_303","magazine",0.03},{"8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug","magazine",0.06},{"2Rnd_shotgun_74Pellets","magazine",0.08},{"WoodenArrow","magazine",0.10},{"ItemWaterbottleUnfilled","magazine",0.02},{"FoodCanRusUnlabeled","magazine",0.05},{"FoodCanRusStew","magazine",0.02},{"FoodCanRusPork","magazine",0.02},{"equip_duct_tape","magazine",0.03},{"FoodNutmix","magazine",0.03},{"DZ_British_ACU","object",0.02}, // 18{"equip_string","magazine",0.04},{"Crossbow_EX_Bolt","magazine",0.02},{"","Trash",0.20},<< Adds 20 items from the Trash table{"","ammo",0.10},<< Adds 10 items from the Ammo table{"","attachments",0.03}, << Adds 3 items from the Attachments table{"","generic",0.30} << Adds 30 items from the Generic table

Yea if we add any more you may as well give every building a chance to spawn everything :-(

Ok, fair enough. Maybe me and the deer stands got off to a bad start after the change in loot. I will give them another chance!

Thanks.

Edited by vinyljunkie