Sign in to follow this  
HomerJay27

Pistol suppressor for Trumpet and Sporter

With the new improved Zombie AI and first implementations of stealth gameplay in exp. 0.55 I thought it might be a good idea to allow the pistol suppressor to be fitted on the two .22 rifles. This would make them much more usefull in an environment with an increased number of more intelligent Zombies, as you could take them out silently with headshots. 

And combined with the fact that you can carry a lot of .22 ammo this would make those two guns ideal for clearing towns of Zombies and making some stealth kills on players too.

Maybe even some players would then prefer a Sporter over a higher caliber rifle.

If you have read Max Brooks "Zombie Survival Guide", he strongly recommends a silenced .22 rilfe and if DayZ was real, I would go for one as well.

Also, some "civilian" optics would be nice to be able to make longer distance headshots with those rifles, as this is the only way they are usefull.

Here are  some picture of what I was thinking:

Ruger-10-22-takedown-over-barrel-silence

4.jpg

• Like 1

Are they not quiet enough already? The Sporter, yes it is possible to mount a suppressor on it but the Trumpet could never take any type of attachments because of the way it is designed.

I would be fine with a Sporter variant that had a tac rail and a threaded barrel but they would need to be rare.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Are they not quiet enough already? The Sporter, yes it is possible to mount a suppressor on it but the Trumpet could never take any type of attachments because of the way it is designed.

I would be fine with a Sporter variant that had a tac rail and a threaded barrel but they would need to be rare.

A "tactical" Sporter would still be a worse weapon than the MP5k  in therms of firepower and remeber, the MP5k has the option of optics and suppressor and is fairly easy to find. And it can fit inside a pack. If the Sporter was handled the same way it would be a good sollution. 

1. You would need to find a Sporter and some 30 round mags.

2. You would need to go to the prison island or somwhere else to find a suppressor (with the sporter, and survive it).

3. If you want an optic you need to search chopperchrashes.

IOM this is enough work to get a tactical Sporter

Edited by HomerJay27

=

1. You would need to find a Sporter and some 30 round mags.

2. You would need to go to the prison island or somwhere else to find a suppressor (with the sporter, and survive it).

3. If you want an optic you need to search chopperchrashes.

-

thats the whole point of gearing up, if you want a weapon like the one you are talking about you should work for it.

i think the reason he want's a supressor for the sporter is, that, even if the sound is silent for players (which might change in future) the shot is unsupressed.

and since zombies will be less attraced by silenced shots in the near future, having a silenced rifle would be an advantage.

you could of course get a high powered rifle with a silncer (eg. ak101 wiht silencer east), but it's much harder to find both things, the rifle and the supressor.

A "tactical" Sporter would still be a worse weapon than the MP5k  in therms of firepower

i might be wrong, but since zombies are soft targets (no armor, at least most of them), but wouln't the sporter be better because of the high stopping power?

im sure 9mm has a better penetration, but thats not all, when dealing with zombies

thats the whole point of gearing up, if you want a weapon like the one you are talking about you should work for it.

I know, but should it be even rarer than this? At the end its still a .22  semi-auto rifle. And at the moment nearly nobody uses it other than with a round chambered before he finds a better gun. It could still be used this way, but if someone wanted to gear up with a sporter to become a silent killer he would have more options. And think of this: If you have an Amphibia you can carry an assault rilfle without any inconvenience. The Sporter on the other hand would be a primary gun.

So I dont think it would be overpowered in any way especially if you compare it to the MP5.

i might be wrong, but since zombies are soft targets (no armor, at least most of them), but wouln't the sporter be better because of the high stopping power?

im sure 9mm has a better penetration, but thats not all, when dealing with zombies

At the moment you need more body hits with a .22 than with a 9mm but all zombies die with one headshot. But the advantage of .22 is that you can carry 50 rounds in a unopened box so it doesn't get ruined. and the ammo is verry easy to find.

And furthermore, the Sporter is already in game, but nobody uses it. It seems a reasonable idea to me to improve it a little so players actually use it. And it would be far less work than to implement a whole new gun( modles, textures, animations, sounds, ammo, magazines)

At the moment you need more body hits with a .22 than with a 9mm but all zombies die with one headshot. But the advantage of .22 is that you can carry 50 rounds in a unopened box so it doesn't get ruined. and the ammo is verry easy to find.

should have mede clear i wasn't talking about ingame damage, but of real life effects.

i assume the dame model will be reworked at some point, hopefully it then reflects real life effects like penetration and fragmentation of projectiles

should have mede clear i wasn't talking about ingame damage, but of real life effects.

i assume the dame model will be reworked at some point, hopefully it then reflects real life effects like penetration and fragmentation of projectiles

I have never see a SWAT team with .22 guns

In practice when playing with a squad of friends, there always had been at least one guy armed with a sporter because it is a great ranged weapon for dealing with zombies. Given that in the future more zombies will spawn in larger numbers the sporter is more a great utility weapon at removing Zombies.

I'm all for a "rarer" tactical version of the standard Sporter that accepts a threaded barrel (for pistol suppressors), a rail for Western styled Scopes and maybe even a pistol grip and a folding stock. The folding stock and pistol grip would allow it to be stored in a backpack (although only the larger Mountain Backpack will fit it to balance it out amongst the SMG's and the Trumpet)

79687_01_ruger_10_22_ss_w_folding_stock_

Edited by Draco122
  • Like 2

I have never see a SWAT team with .22 guns

i assume, thats because swat team usually don't intend killing people.

i have been told (by people that know the matter), that .22 are more deadly when hitting the body than higher calibers, because the projectiles fragment, and cause severe internal bleedings.

those bleedings are harder to treat, than a non-fragmenting projectile, and will therefore more likely cause death

In practice when playing with a squad of friends, there always had been at least one guy armed with a sporter because it is a great ranged weapon for dealing with zombies. Given that in the future more zombies will spawn in larger numbers the sporter is more a great utility weapon at removing Zombies.

I'm all for a "rarer" tactical version of the standard Sporter that accepts a threaded barrel (for pistol suppressors), a rail for Western styled Scopes and maybe even a pistol grip and a folding stock. The folding stock and pistol grip would allow it to be stored in a backpack (although only the larger Mountain Backpack will fit it to balance it out amongst the SMG's and the Trumpet)

Finally someone who understands me

i assume, thats because swat team usually don't intend killing people.

i have been told (by people that know the matter), that .22 are more deadly when hitting the body than higher calibers, because the projectiles fragment, and cause severe internal bleedings.

those bleedings are harder to treat, than a non-fragmenting projectile, and will therefore more likely cause death

Well thats not quiet true. There are two possible things that can happen with any calibre when a bullet hits a human body:

1. The bullet can go straight through it and make a clean whole if it doesnt hit a bone or isn't tumbling beucause it hit something in advance. In this case a bigger bullet which makes a bigger hole, a hollow piont, or a bullet which falls appart inside the tissue does more damage and is therefore better.  (.45ACP > 9mm > .22)

2. If the bullet tumbles or hits a bone it will bouce around inside the body and cause a lot of damage. And since we are talking about low energy handgun ammo here, a bigger bigger causes bullet causes more damage too

Furtermore, if a bullet stays together, deforms or splinters depens if it is a FMJ, a hollow point, a lead bullet... and has nothing to do with the caliber.

And of course SWAT teams dont want to kill people, but thy want to achive this by surprising the ennemy or negotiating so that dont have to use their guns at all. But if they have to use them, they need to kill fast so the hostagetaker can't take anybody with him. Which is why they mostly use 9mm or .45 smgs loaded with hollow points because they cause lots of damage and dont go through the body even if they dont hit a bone so that someone standing behind the target isn't hurt.

Edited by HomerJay27