Sign in to follow this  
cash81

Dayz Character App Armory Style

Hey all, was wondering if anyone else was wishing there was an app out for Dayz like wow armory.

Anyone familiar with that app would know that it is very helpful for all kinds of reasons but i think for Dayz it would really help for trading.

I know for myself i hate having to alt-tab out of the game to make a list of my inventory in order to post trades here on the forums, for fear of someone attacking me while im out of the game. Or having to take a screen shot and try to remember the condition of each item etc.

Dayz Armory App would be great to be able to see your chars gear/inventory while away from the game and allow people to see what they have to trade or what they need to replenish next time they log in.

Also could be used to see what kind of gear looks like on your guy or whatever. I know the game isnt about "playing dress up" but cmon they wouldnt have 40 different jackets/shirts/pants if there wasnt some dress up element involved.

But yeah, someone should get on that lol

What's wrong with good old pen & paper?

Nothing but it's a little inconvenient having a bunch of paper and lists to carry around that have to be constantly updated. Whereas the app would have your current inventory up every time you use it. So it would always be up to date and accesible from anywhere basically.

I use my phone memo pad but its annoying writing down each item and its condition then deleting them or editing their condition each time something changes. Be easier to just log on to the app and see what you have and then go from there without having to be in game. :)

Im saying no to this for a couple of reasons.

1. Your "character" would also have to include each character that you have on every private server, which would require the game to do alot of searching throughout every single server. I dont even know how many servers there are, so, that would create a draw on resources for the team, which I would much rather see go towards useful gameplay features.

2.....why? I can easily remember what my character has, If you have been playing with that character enough, you should to. If this game had more of a "loadout" system, then yah, I could see it. But, with the way dayz is, no, I just cant see this happening.