Sign in to follow this  
Aidsplosion

Base components Disappearing on server restart

Hi all,

For some reason, base components aren't saving properly, and are removed at server restart. This only affect fences and gates so far. Sandbags, tents & stashes are working fine.

Before I start thinking it's the database, am I missing some option to configure somewhere? I am running 1.8.4.1 vanilla. No additional mods.

Thanks

Bump bump.

Anyone can help? This is seriously affecting our ability to make bases.

Thanks!

Seriously, anyone can help me? I can provide full logs of object ID being created. I really need help with this. It's driving me nuts. I can even make a donation to your server or something.

Thanks again

Edited by Aidsplosion

Are you running anything that's not stock dayz like infistar or another server package.

check your server log files and see whats going on.

Are you running anything that's not stock dayz like infistar or another server package.

check your server log files and see whats going on.

Hey, I'm using DayzCC, their latest version (1.8.4.1), but using my own external DB with SQLyog.

I've checked dayzcc for a similar error and came up with a topic

http://dayzcc.org/index.php/Thread/7627-State-of-Items-Not-Saving/?postID=49205&highlight=items.xml#post49205

But they state that it's not related to their program, so I'm confused.

Here are the log of a test, when trying to build a wooden gate and upgrade it

REMOTE - [false,false,false,false,false,false,false,12000,[],[0,0],0,"O",true,[919.692,569.359,169.099],false]"
 1:12:34 "B 1-1-F:1 (Aidsplosion) REMOTE - [false,false,false,false,false,false,true,12028.7,[],[0,0],0,"AB",false,[362.698,703.515,2786.87],false]"
 1:12:35 "B 1-1-B:1 (phelps) REMOTE - [false,false,false,false,true,false,true,12114.5,[],[0,0],0,"A",true,[643.401,803.476,2764.28],false]"
 1:12:36 "z\addons\dayz_server\system\scheduler\sched_corpses.sqf: Deleted 0 uncontrolled zombies, 0 uncontrolled animals, 0 dead character bodies and 2 empty groups. Added 0 flies."
 1:12:37 "B 1-1-H:1 (Pepingus) REMOTE - [false,false,false,false,false,false,true,11576.7,[],[0,0],0,"AB",true,[17.665,13.5725,0],false]"
 1:12:53 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 230b9d00# 1077598: fence1_ground.p3d REMOTE is allowed, published by Server"
 1:12:53 "DEBUG: Object: 230b9d00# 1077598: fence1_ground.p3d REMOTE published by Server is allowed by DZ_buildables"
 1:12:53 ["PUBLISH: Created ","WoodenGate_foundation","ObjectUID","939771437930399","characterID","2352"," with variables/inventory
 1:16:37 ["PUBLISH: Created ","WoodenGate_1","ObjectUID","939771437930135","characterID","2352"," with variables/inventory:",[["ownerArray",["76561198046230420"]]]]
 1:20:34 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 28f1f200# 1077885: fence1_ground.p3d REMOTE is allowed, published by Server"
 1:20:34 "DEBUG: Object: 28f1f200# 1077885: fence1_ground.p3d REMOTE published by Server is allowed by DZ_buildables"
 1:20:34 ["PUBLISH: Created ","WoodenFence_1_foundation","ObjectUID","940061438161807","characterID","2352"," with variables/inventory:",[["ownerArray",["76561198046230420"]]]]
 REMOTE - [false,false,false,false,true,false,true,12000,[],[0.541318,0],0,"A",true,[1466.76,585.684,1386.38],false]"
 1:24:13 "B 1-1-B:1 (phelps) REMOTE - [false,false,false,false,true,false,true,12114.5,[],[0,0],0,"A",true,[535.166,935.609,2594.72],false]"
 1:24:22 "DELETE: Deleted by UID: 940061438161807"
 1:24:22 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 2aa64100# 1077995: fence1_frame.p3d REMOTE is allowed, published by Server"
 1:24:22 "DEBUG: Object: 2aa64100# 1077995: fence1_frame.p3d REMOTE published by Server is allowed by DZ_buildables"
 1:24:22 ["PUBLISH: Created ","WoodenFence_1_frame","ObjectUID","940061438161947","characterID","2352"," with variables/inventory:",[["ownerArray",["76561198046230420"]]]]
 1:24:28 ["sched_lootpiles_5mn: reset lootpiles check, total visited:",147,"listed:",8]
 1:24:32 ["sched_lootpiles:Will delete",6,"lootpiles"]
 1:24:36 "z\addons\dayz_server\system\scheduler\sched_corpses.sqf: Deleted 0 uncontrolled zombies, 0 uncontrolled animals, 0 dead character bodies and 1 empty groups. Added 0 flies."
 1:24:38 "z\addons\dayz_server\system\scheduler\sched_lootpiles.sqf: deleted 6 lootpiles from 147 total"
 1:24:38 "B 1-1-F:1 (Aidsplosion

yea i need to see whats happening during restart.

stop server 

remove log

start server

join server

add log file to pastebin.org and give us the link

There you go.

Edited by Aidsplosion

yea i need to see whats happening during restart.

stop server 

remove log

start server

join server

add log file to pastebin.org and give us the link

http://pastebin.com/nVpVcssf

So your log shows the item is being created. 

1:24:22 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 2aa64100# 1077995: fence1_frame.p3d REMOTE is allowed, published by Server"
 1:24:22 "DEBUG: Object: 2aa64100# 1077995: fence1_frame.p3d REMOTE published by Server is allowed by DZ_buildables"
 1:24:22 ["PUBLISH: Created ","WoodenFence_1_frame","ObjectUID","940061438161947","characterID","2352"," with variables/inventory:",[["ownerArray",["76561198046230420"]]]]#

But your Start up log is saying no items are being spawned.

1:39:55 "SERVER: Fetching buildings..."
 1:39:55 "SERVER: Spawned 0 buildings!"

So you need to check if your database is creating the object when it says it is.

So place a fence check your log it should say its published then check your db for the object.

If your object is in fact being created within the db you need to look over the monitor system to see why its not spawning.

As its not a stock system i don't have any idea whats going on your will need to speak with the creators of the cc program and debug from that side. everything about the saving and spawning is controlled from the server side.

So your log shows the item is being created. 

1:24:22 ["PUBLISH: Created ","WoodenFence_1_frame","ObjectUID","940061438161947","characterID","2352"," with variables/inventory:",[["ownerArray",["76561198046230420"]]]]#

But your Start up log is saying no items are being spawned.

1:39:55 "SERVER: Fetching buildings..."
 1:39:55 "SERVER: Spawned 0 buildings!"

So you need to check if your database is creating the object when it says it is.

So place a fence check your log it should say its published then check your db for the object.

If your object is in fact being created within the db you need to look over the monitor system to see why its not spawning.

As its not a stock system i don't have any idea whats going on your will need to speak with the creators of the cc program and debug from that side. everything about the saving and spawning is controlled from the server side.

I'll have a look when I get home tonight.

There is also this line which raises my eyebrows:

Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_BLD_name_WoodenFenceBox2"><CzechObsahuje>

Edited by Aidsplosion

its just a missing string we dont use them boxes anymore we only used for a short time.

its just a missing string we dont use them boxes anymore we only used for a short time.

So it seems that the fences are saved under the "instance_deployable" table. Everything is there, along with the camonet_DZ,stashmedium, etc(which are being generated properly), but it's just not there on restart.

I'm not familiar with the monitor system you are referring to. any tips where to start?

Thanks

So since it's about my software I think I can solve this for you. ;)

You say you are using a different database then CC default? That will cause issues when the server is fetching the saved buildings causing them not to spawn.

So since it's about my software I think I can solve this for you. ;)

You say you are using a different database then CC default? That will cause issues when the server is fetching the saved buildings causing them not to spawn.

Is there any way to change that? since I'm running multiple server databases from different games in the same SQLyog program.

I did find the line in servermonitor.sqf that specifies how buildings are spawned:

_key = format["CHILD:999:SELECT b.Classname, ib.Worldspace FROM instance_building ib join building b on ib.BuildingID = b.ID WHERE ib.InstanceID = ?:[%1]:", dayZ_instance];
_data = "HiveEXT" callExtension _key;

But server refuses to start after repacking PBO file(says it can't find monitor.sqf),

Your best option is to go with the default CC database since the database has several small changes that's "made for" CC.

Sure you can alternate the code to but you might lose several functions

Thanks. I will try reinstalling and use the stock DB. Will keep this thread updated.

Constructive criticism: I really like DayCC, but I figured that since the program asks me if I want to use an external Db on installation, there would be no issues by using one. You might want to fix that, or remove the option to use an external DB at all. Cheers

It's still possible to use your own database with the same layout though. That has been the purpose of that function all along. And allot of people have set up a central database with the same layout to create a shared database between several servers. So there is no need to remove that function or fix anything in it since the layout has to be a certain way for every server package. You can use your own already created database but it needs to be the same layout.

I don't know how much is different on your database so can't says if it's possible to use or not. :)

Edited by Squadron_2

Also the purpose of that function is to let users use there own EXTERNAL database. (Not through chive and/or implemented in the software.)

Not really there own LAYOUT of a database that won't work in any server package.

Long story short: We started using chive, then realized it wouldn't suit our needs. we exported that data into an external db, and we patched that db with the 1.8.4 server files given on the forums here when 1.8.4 came out.

I haven't tested, nor received complaints regarding buildings before we patched to 1.8.4 so it's impossible for me to pinpoint exactly where it went wrong.

Yeah the official database layout is almost exactly what CC uses. BUT it has small changes to work with some functions that CC have. You can use other softwares then chive if that doesn't work for you. Just export the database and import it in what ever you want and use it from there instead of the built in chive. That works fine, the only thing that makes it break for you is because you are using the official layout without the small changes.

Ohhhhh, that does make sense.

I'll definitely try that. thanks

No worries :) let me know if there is something else I can help you with. Or if you need more help on this topic.

• Like 1

Also if you are doing re install of CC put in the info for your database in the installer and it should create the needed database tables.

Thanks Squadron, you've been very helpful.

However I have decided to move away from DayzCC. It plays with some core files, rearranging the code in a serious way and makes the addon of additional features a real pain to implement. What is worst, is that there is all these custom DB tables that have additional fields. It looks like I'll have no choice but to import everything manually one table at a time if I ever want to use the stock DB.

Cheers