Sign in to follow this  
Diento

Dayz doesn't start anymore since windows (7) reinstall

Dear Dayz Forums.

Since i reinstalled my PC dayz doesnt work anymore :( 
I tried running steam in administrator mode and Dayz in administrator mode but it doesnt work.
I also reinstalled the game a couple of times now and deleted the local content by hand and reinstalled it.
On top of that i also tried verifying the game chache but also that doesnt work :(!

I also tried using DXDiag but that all seemed to be fine...?

Anybody has another solution?

All windows updates are done and i tried installing a couple diffrent versions of directx.

This is the error message i get when i try to run Dayz in administrator mode now:

C:\Windows\system32]X3DAudio1_6.dll isn't qualified for windows or contains an error Try reinstalling the program with help of the original installation media or contact the system admin or software *cant think of the word* for support

NOTE: ALL OTHER STEAM GAMES ARE WORKING FINE! (CS:GO/RUST/Cities:Skyline/Speedrunners etc.)

PC specs:

Intel Core I5-2500K @ 3.3GHz
8 GB ram
GTX 560 TI
120 GB SSD (system drive)
1 TB games drive

Thnx for the help already!

Kind regards

Diento

Try this...

Look for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 for systèmes (x64) or x32 Windows 7 (KB2901983) and delete this from your system.

Now see if you can get the game to run.

If yes (try both Stable é Exp) then you may reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 for your system.

Game should now run.

This may also fix can not read memory xxxxxx04 or other start up errors.

This worked for me after a recent update to .NET Framework 4.5.2 when DayZ refused to start, however I give no guarantee it will work for other systems, so...

Might help, might not.

NOTE : .NET Framework is required for other functions, programs/games so this is not a be all end all solution.