Sign in to follow this  
Tovervlag

Hospital in the Rock (idea for a possible unique location)

Last summer, I was on vacation in Hungary. I also went three days to Budapest. We didn't really know about it but apparently they opened a new museum called Hospital in the Rock. This is an emergency hospital that was ordered to be build in the 1930s to treat people that got hurt by aerial bombings since that had become a threat since the first world war. They re-used the existing tunnels that were used for centuries already for storage and military purposes that are located under the hill.

Initially this hospital was made to treat 60 people and later it was also extended with a couple of wings. This hospital was used 2 times in history. In the second world war (Used for 600 people when it only had room for 60 places) and during the Hungarian revolution which essentially send the Soviet Union back to the east which is also a pretty interesting to read about.

Since then it was pretty vague to the public of what it was used for. In documents you could find that it was owned by a company. But what actually happened is that they changed the goal for the hospital. Almost immediately after the revolution they rebuild it to be a nuclear hospital. They selected doctors and nurses from nearby hospitals so when an emergency happens they could run the facility at own strength. They practiced on a regular base.

The Hospital was maintained by a caretaker and his wife for about 40 years. around 2000 (or something like that) the need for a nuclear hospital wasn't there anymore and they started to make it into a museum.

I don't have a lot of pictures because it wasn't allowed but I found this on the internet.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkVMsgIR59s

Some info on Wikipedia

Pictures found online:

Entrance

A lot of easy to use procedures of what to do in case of emergency

A lot of easy to use procedures of what to do in case of emergency 2

Canned food

Possible Locations

Novo hill --> http://dayzdb.com/map#6.119.006

Pik Kozlova --> http://dayzdb.com/map#5.089.125

Let me know what you guys think about this. I found it very inspiring to be there and I think it would be awesome as a unique location in DayZ.

I also posted this on reddit

Edited by Tovervlag
  • Like 4

Very interesting, history is awesome and i could see one of the rebel movements from ArmA 2 having a hospital like hideout like this.

• Like 1

Very interesting, history is awesome and i could see one of the rebel movements from ArmA 2 having a hospital like hideout like this.

Glad you like it. Ppl on reddit are saying that this cannot be done with the current engine. I guess we need to see what the devs come up with next.

Awesome read and it would be a treat if added.  Obviously restrictions were already mentioned, however does not make it a bad idea ;).

• Like 1

Glad you like it. Ppl on reddit are saying that this cannot be done with the current engine. I guess we need to see what the devs come up with next.

Senchi mentioned at one point that caves wouldn't be possible either, but we got a pretty excellent prototype of one at Kamensk prior to it being sealed off "until further notice". I think there is a lot they would like us to believe isn't possible simply so they can surprise us later ;)

• Like 1