David375

"Paintball/Airsoft" tournaments in DayZ

Airsoft Wars in DayZ: Standalone

Next Operational Date: 4/4/15, 12:00 PM EST, Sverengrino Hall, 3v3 Team Deathmatch

Entry fee: Extra copies of whatever you can find from the volunteer list below

Food/Drink will be provided if possible, limited # of guns available for borrowing

Server: lastMPServer="142.111.2.174:2302";

lastMPServerName="DayZ Roleplay - Rhinocrunch.com";

Attendance:

Myself

InsaneRuffles

Please bring your own:

.22lr Rifle/Handgun (Trumpet, Sporter, Amphibia)

HEADGEAR (we aren't responsible if you die from a HS, medics will be on standby)

RED or BLUE T-Shirt that you spawn with (to ensure uniformity). Other colors will be indicated if necessary

Sewing Kits/Leather Patch Kits

10rnd magazines for Amphibia or Sporters are optional, NO 30rnd SPORTER MAGS

DISCLAIMER: Limited numbers of SMERSH bags will be provided for ammunition storage in-match, PLEASE do not bring anything valuable as we are not responsible for theft by other players. IMPROVISED SUPPRESSORS are welcome, use at your own expense (they won't be provided). Limited amounts of ammunition will be provided, but please bring your own just in case. For this first match, we are saying NO MAKAROVS as they kill in just two or three hits, and are too easy to spam in an emergency. We may consider allowing Makarovs for chambering rounds only in the future. All borrowed items from David375's Airsoft, LLC, are distributed on a first-come, first serve basis, and are not guaranteed to be in any specific condition.

RULES:

1) No intentional killings.

2) No destruction of personal property other than game materials

3) No racist/sexist language during the event

4) No theft of personal property

5) To help with attendance (and scaring off scrubs due to the appearance of being a big clan), you must put [AIM] in front of your name before you arrive. If you are found to not have this tag, you will be given a single chance to log off and add it. If you do not, we assume you to be a party crasher and you will be killed.

Breaking any of these rules will result in the forceful ejection from the stadium via violently exploding land mines and/or shotgun shells. Unintentional killings will result in a temporary suspension from events on first occurrence, long-lasting KO via tasers on second offense, death by firing squad on third occurrence and every following offense.

INSTRUCTIONS:

THE GAME:

Each team will begin from their set point, and will compete for a set objective. The various objectives include CAPTURE THE JACKET, KING OF THE CASTLE, BESIEGED, and more to follow. When the match is started via "starter gun" (Flare guns, gunshots, whatever we have on hand), each team will attempt to complete the objective.

Capture the Jacket: Each team is given a Rain Jacket of their color to defend from the other team. The objective is to wear said jacket from the opposing side of the "map" to their own without it being ruined. If the jacket is ruined, the jacket is discarded and cannot be used to win the game. When one side either captures an opposing jacket in Badly Damaged condition or above, Downs or Kills all of the enemy team, OR runs out of jackets of their own color without a successful capture by the enemy team, they win the game. Team sizes may vary by attendance of the event and map size.

King of the Castle: Both teams start outside a castle, and compete to hold the top of a castle tower at the end of a set time point. Whoever holds the top of the castle at that end point wins the game. Another winning condition includes downing the entire enemy team. Team sizes may vary on the event and castle size.

Besieged: Similar to King of the Castle, but starts with one team occupying the tower. The opposing team must attempt to force their way into the tower and occupy the roof of the tower for one and a half consecutive minutes. The attacking team wins when they either successfully hold the roof of the tower or down the entire defending team. Due to the defensive, campy nature of the castle towers, the defending team will be noticeably smaller than the assaulting teams to balance the Pickett's Charge-esque casualties the Attacking team will most likely suffer. Rules are subject to change for this mode above all.

Team Deathmatch: Very straightforward. Aim to down or "kill" every player on the enemy team. Only one path to victory in this one.

Taking out Other Players: Downed vs Dead

When your T-Shirt becomes ruined, you are out of the game, labeled "Killed". If your shirt is damaged in a noticeable way (Such that it shows damaged textures ie "Damaged" or "Badly Damaged" condition) but NOT RUINED, you must go prone, put away your gun, and remain put. This is the "downed" state, in which only your team medic can "Revive" you. Each team will receive a certain number of "Team Medics", who will carry Sewing Kits which can be used to "revive" any other player by having said player drop their shirt to be repaired by the medic. If your Team Medic is down, only another Team Medic can revive him or her. Another method of disarming an opponent is to knock out the player via a taser device, ie Cattle Prod or Stun Baton, whichever is preferred. This is an instant "kill", whether or not the player had their shirt ruined or not. If a player's shirt is ruined, they must remain prone and attempt to vacate the arena via crawling, where they will then be treated by staff medics to prevent death.

Post-Match:

Once you have vacated the arena, seek a staff medic who will tend to your medical needs. You may then help yourself to provided food and drink to keep your character healthy, and resupply your character with necessary goods (replacing shirts, backpacks, ruined ammunition, etc) for your next match.

I originally made this post because I wanted to see a proper event where we gather enough people together to form "paintball/airsoft" teams to play organized friendly games. The way it works is we would gather a lot of Sporter .22's or Trombones, and use armbands to determine color teams. When someone's shirt or pants is ruined, they are out and must go prone and crawl out of the stadium. We could limit people to chambering rounds if we have enough sporters (or 10rnd magazines only), or Trombone only if we have enough of those in order to prevent deaths and/or maimings. A lot of cool game modes could be made up based on the area, such as Capture the Flag (Must put on a certain colored jacket from one team's side of a town and wear it back to the other side without it being ruined), or King of the Hill (who ever holds the top of a castle tower at the end of a time period wins).

Some of the different playing fields I suggest:

Devil's Castle (for obvious reasons)
Camp Krusty / Camp Granada (New summer camp)
Sverengrino "Castle" (has a nice linear section with minor side-wall obstacles. nice 3v3 short battles)
Skalisty Castle Complex (larger than Devil's, also more isolated)
Prison Island (low-pop server for obvious reasons)
Some various far-northern or far northeastern towns to provide a relatively unfamiliar combat ground (Ex. Stary Yar, Sinistok, Karmanovka/Dobroe)

Some cool elements could be used in certain fights such as walkie talkies (if no public teamspeak is provided, would be more realistic this way but requires more preparation). This would be realistic and could provide interesting scenarios of spying over radio chat vs spying.

If enough people would be willing to participate, we could work together to provide some safety equipment such as motorbike helmets, gorka helmets, medical supplies, and possibly all sorts of cool stuff. However, the event would most likely be BYOR, unless volunteers happen to scavenge up enough rifles. Ammunition would be easy to provide, with enough time and/or volunteers.

IF WE GET ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS, THE EQUIPMENT NEEDED WOULD BE:

Sporter .22lr
OR
Trumpet .22lr

.22lr ammunition

Rain Jackets (DO NOT CUT INTO ARMBANDS YET PLEASE. armbands have a limited view range so we may just decide to wear the jacket as a whole for increased visibility)

Medical supplies (Saline preferred, only O- blood, lots of rags for splints/bandaging, Epinephrine for waking up match KO's)

Helmets, preferably with facial protection (Motorbike, Gorka w/ Faceplate is preferred, but Ballistic helmets will do. Aiming for the face is discouraged anyways)

Farming Equipment w/ Pumpkin seeds (extremely high-energy food, similar to Rice but is growable and renewable, and actually adds hydration too. Great for feeding crowds and getting energized/hydrated for blood restoration)

Sewing Kits (Patching rain jackets mid-match could allow you to stay in the game longer, as well as repairing post-game for re-use)

SMERSH Backpacks Use as ammunition bags for matches without risking damaging a larger backpack

Possibly .22lr 10rnd magazines? (could cause deaths if people start spamming, not preferred but may be necessary to compete with chambering Sporters vs integral-magazine Trombones) NO 30rnd, since it's too easy to spam and kill someone, also it's an unfair advantage over Trombone users.

Amphibia .22lr would be welcome, but probably won't show up anyhow because they are so absurdly rare. Also, no guarantee that we could provide ANY magazines.

Possibly improvised suppressors? Could be optional for those who find the needed materials.

Suitable melees could include stun weapons: Electric cattle prods and stun batons could be used to KO players out of a match without killing.

Edited by David375
  • Like 6

A scary thought comes to mind: I wounder how many people have tried this in real life?

• Like 2

I sense the birth of mod right there.

• Like 1

A scary thought comes to mind: I wounder how many people have tried this in real life?

Probably one too many

Anyways, since it seemed to gain some sort of popularity pretty quickly, I'm going to start gathering Trombones since they break down and fit easily in a bag, so I can probably cram like 4-6 in a mountain backpack. I'll also see if I can get a tent to store it all in, although that is going to be less promising given how infrequently Large Military tents spawn.

If anyone is interested in giving this a go, I am available for a few hours on Thursday from about 1:00 to 4:00 (EST), give or take an hour depending on my schedule. If some of you guys want to meet up at Sverengrino castle for quick 2v2's or 3v3's we can meet there. Also, we could do this on experimental to save your normal-hive characters, or do it on a private hive if we can find a stable, low-pop one.

Also, to help gain sponsorship (and possibly provide medical supplies), I might invite either the Reddit Rescue Rangers or the TMW group, since I have had relationships with the groups in the past (Especially Burnaya River Trading Company, when they used to be a subdivision of RRR). They might be able to help us get stuff faster than just a small group of scavengers, and may actually want to play.

I can't make it Thur, however this looks like it might be interesting.  If you host another day let me know I can provide medical, I don't shoots the other player even for funzies.

• Like 1

Sure, maybe one of the weekends then. They don't work as well for me because I move to a house with less-stellar internet, but it's still doable. I would probably avoid playing and just be a ref in that case

I won't be available until next weekend to formally play, but will spend said hours on Thursday to gather gear. You are all welcome to add me on steam, I will probably start a steam group if this gets big enough.

Steam Name is david3752457, should be a picture of Tails from StH.

This is basically most the coast rats life if you just take away mosin spawns 

• Like 1

All fun and games until someone decides to use their AKM!

Please don't be that guy.

i'd like to start a server that ONLY spawns .22 weapons and ammo once modding is released.

it's so much more fun playing dayz with 5hk

funny as hell just being that one guy that fires 100 really innacurate shots at the only three people he can see from his roof

Edited by Wookieenoob

i'd like to start a server that ONLY spawns .22 weapons and ammo once modding is released.

it's so much more fun playing dayz with 5hk

funny as hell just being that one guy that fires 100 really innacurate shots at the only three people he can see from his roof

well, a while back before private servers were a thing (like .46 update), some guys found out how to host a pirated server and run dayz in .46. This served as a testing lab for hacks back when it was still applicable. However, some OTHER dudes managed to figure out how to mod the game serverside, so they decided to make a PvP home-server with custom loadouts. There are some videos of this with people duking it out on the coast with PM73 RAK's and Mosins with custom loadouts, I'll see if I can find one. Since they could do it all the way back in .46, it could definitely be done now. It's all about getting official support at this point.

Anyways, I edited the main post. If you would like to play next weekend, Saturday afternoon at 12:00 Eastern, list your name, and what your "entry fee" (supplies donation) will be. It can be anything on the item list above, but bring extra copies of whatever you can find to help those who can't find anything. Also, if the time doesn't work for you, please list whatever time would work best. We will be playing the first matches at Sverengrino castle hall, look at the link in my top post for it's location on the map (or you can find it on the DayZ wiki).

Hey, awesome thread!

Several months ago I organized something very similar to this; only with 2 other buddies though. :(

Back in 0.47(?) when Cernaya Polana was the newest town we had set up a "paintball" match just like yours. Location: 125 015 Car Lot. It makes for an AMAZING playing field that could easily yield 5-10 players. Plenty of cover and hiding spots to make for a fun match! I highly recommend this location for your upcoming event, friend!

I wish you luck with this event, I unfortunately cannot come along. I request somebody to record and upload this!

Stay warm,

Act III

well, a while back before private servers were a thing (like .46 update), some guys found out how to host a pirated server and run dayz in .46. This served as a testing lab for hacks back when it was still applicable. However, some OTHER dudes managed to figure out how to mod the game serverside, so they decided to make a PvP home-server with custom loadouts. There are some videos of this with people duking it out on the coast with PM73 RAK's and Mosins with custom loadouts, I'll see if I can find one. Since they could do it all the way back in .46, it could definitely be done now. It's all about getting official support at this point.

Anyways, I edited the main post. If you would like to play next weekend, Saturday afternoon at 12:00 Eastern, list your name, and what your "entry fee" (supplies donation) will be. It can be anything on the item list above, but bring extra copies of whatever you can find to help those who can't find anything. Also, if the time doesn't work for you, please list whatever time would work best. We will be playing the first matches at Sverengrino castle hall, look at the link in my top post for it's location on the map (or you can find it on the DayZ wiki).

i'd like to see non-lethalZ 

another fun idea would be BowZ. the same thing just with robin hood mode engaged

will this be on a private hive? my public shard character is AKMPSO and i don't really want to drop it for a .22 rifle 

Edited by Wookieenoob

Yeah this will be on a private hive, I have yet to determine which one. If you want to go ahead and pick one, I won't get started with lootfarming until thursday because that is when I am free. Preferably find some multi-server private hive to aid in lootfarming for the event, because without a V3S it might take a while to find everything in one day.

Edited by David375

Haha, now I want some more .22 weapons just so we can expand on this. Perhaps a reasonably common .22 pistol or revolver so we can have our airsoft sidearms would be awesome, because the Amphibia is super rare.

Haha, now I want some more .22 weapons just so we can expand on this. Perhaps a reasonably common .22 pistol or revolver so we can have our airsoft sidearms would be awesome, because the Amphibia is super rare.

i want to be the douche dying people's clothing red with paintballs from a distant rooftop

that'd be hilarious

gorka camouflage? HAVE SOME RED SPLODGES MWHAHAHA

i suggest the server should be one that doesn't usually populate very often so we won't be interrupted by a legitimate firefight and have space for everyone

Edited by Wookieenoob

Agreed. I was surprised when I found out the derringer wasn't in .22lr, because it looked so small from model size. Some sort of civilian counterpart to the Amphibia would be fantastic, like the Browning BuckMark or the Ruger Mk.II (which the Amphibia was built off of, mind you. Magazines could be compatible making work super easy for BI devs)

Agreed. I was surprised when I found out the derringer wasn't in .22lr, because it looked so small from model size. Some sort of civilian counterpart to the Amphibia would be fantastic, like the Browning BuckMark or the Ruger Mk.II (which the Amphibia was built off of, mind you. Magazines could be compatible making work super easy for BI devs)

The derringer is actually based off of a real one that uses .357/.38, and apparently .45 ACP, so it's not incorrectly done (although DayZ's is a hybrid of several models.)

A .22LR derringer would be nigh useless and even less realistic, though, so I think the choice to implement it as a more powerful caliber was justified. However, on terms of other pistols a counterpart to the Amphibia, as well as general semi-automatic (I prefer the Smith & Wesson M&P-22) pistol and revolver (Czech Alfa Proj or Smith & Wesson Model 17 both work) would be good enough to complete the .22 sidearms area.

*snip*

Edited by David375

If you guys prefer not to do private hives in the future, we can arrange that. However, I chose to do private hive matches to address concerns of losing top-tier gear in order to collect gear to play this game. If you prefer otherwise, please mention so.

Private hive is a must. Going public only means that some fully kitted douche who gets wind of this could come and ruin everyone's day. 90% of people on public don't really have a place to store gear either.

I want to join this, it sounds fun. I also suggest announcing the server 30-40 minutes before the event, as to prevent any would be party crashers. I also suggest a security detail of 4 geared people, just in case.