OnionOfShame

[poll] Please bring back the Burlap Gun Wrap!

Do you think the Burlap Gun Wrap should return?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Burlap Gun Wrap should return?

• Yes, exactly how it was
    • Yes, and also expand it to more weapons
    • No

Hello players and (hopefully) devs! I'd like tu suggest that the Burlap Gun Wrap return to DayZ standalone. Although it doesn't do that much for camouflage, this attachment has the improvised/survivor aesthetic that I and many of my fellow players would like to see more of in DayZ. Ffor how to get it, since we now have Burlap Strips we could craft it with one set of strips and a sewing kit or something llike that. What do you think?

• Like 2

But don't we have the ghillie wrap? Or does it fit only some weapons?

ghillie wrap is to pro and looks weird. Burlap looks cool man.

• Like 1

ghillie wrap is to pro and looks weird. Burlap looks cool man.

I thought everyone thought it looked stupid. Oi, I don't understand this community, so confusing xD

• Like 2

But don't we have the ghillie wrap? Or does it fit only some weapons?

The Ghillie Gun Wrap is in game and fits on most guns, however it gives a very different aesthetic to the weapon. Personally I prefer the appearance of the old wrap when I don't have a full Ghillie suit.

Great idea, id love to see it back, tried making one recently with the intention of NOT making it into a ghillie wrap. I think it looks nice, and can cover your gun without having to go full army dude

I always thought it was a pointless addition.

You would think your player would be too busy trying to find food, water and survive than to be playing gun dress up.

You would think your player would be too busy trying to find food, water and survive than to be playing gun dress up.

That's a really lame excuse to remove something from the game, though. It was removed because having a universal ghillie gun wrap made the ones for the Mosin obsolete, and I guess the devs didn't want to go through the time to make just a regular burlap wrap also work. However, that's likely because they'd have to fix clipping issues with every gun, unlike with the ghillie wrap which hides its clipping errors.

However, throwing a burlap wrap around a gun, besides for just camouflaging it, would also be helpful if the weapon had a rough or stiff texture that made holding it difficult, which would be pretty important IRL. It was just relatively useless in the end.

So it was a mostly pointless addition, yes, but it was only removed because something else universal replaced it, not because the devs really thought "Players shouldn't be playing gun dress up."

I don't see why not. The dev team already made a unique accessory and it's a waste to not use it. It's a mosin exclusive item and doesn't waste development effort, whats the harm in having another item to customize your weapon?

Exactly ^^

We have 4000 hats, 1848372829 books only me and 3 people read, and the wrap is deemed useless?

I liked the burlap wrap. I don't see why they had to remove it, we could've had both things in. More customization ;)

I wondered if it had dissapeard from the game.. I remember the colour was a bit off but it shouldnt have been removed completely, hell I never even got to try it. 

I am up for more character customization. Makes you feel a bit more unique. They are implementing things like the 'Engraved 1911' for that very reason right? So each gun is a little different. Immersion.

If you'd ever cleaned a weapon, you wouldn't bother asking.

could you clarify? I have cleaned a firearm many times before and in my experience, a wrap wouldn't effect the cleaning process as long as it doesn't cover any of the exposed moving parts, which would be stupid to do anyways.

And by your logic wouldn't the ghillie gun wrap be non-viable as well? Many militaries utilize ghillie gun wraps, and I highly doubt that they would if it was that much of an issue.

And even if it was an issue that would be another game mechanic. You can camouflage your weapon, but it will become dirty faster, requiring more frequent use of weapon cleaning kits.

Edited by OnionOfShame

You say its a pointless addition, yet, we have "like stated above" different novels in the game that add NO point to the story/gameplay other than a way to find paper?

Edited by Syphonz