Sign in to follow this  
The Vampire Lestat

Looting Zombies

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but don't you think they should make it where loot spawns on zombies (especially military ones)? It'd also be nice to see more corpses laying around Chernarus, just to increase the post-apocalyptic atmosphere. 

This has, as you mentioned, been suddgest end plenty of times before. It has also been brought up by the devs, so we might see this in the future

Anything you would find on a zombie (especially military.) would be ruined. Springs in magazines would be rusted out. equipment would be broken, clothes would be ruined beyond repair.  These zombies stand out in the rain and get shot up. They drag themselves along the ground, etc. 

Not every zombie would be old and rotten. and depending on where the loot is it might be pristine still. Like what if zombies had backpacks on the items wouldnt be ruined unless you shoot the backpack.  i think when a player dies it should make a similar copy to what he was wearing and make him a zombie somewhere in that server. obviously not with all the items he was holding but some. Since that would be the realistic way to do it.

Not every zombie would be old and rotten. and depending on where the loot is it might be pristine still. Like what if zombies had backpacks on the items wouldnt be ruined unless you shoot the backpack.  i think when a player dies it should make a similar copy to what he was wearing and make him a zombie somewhere in that server. obviously not with all the items he was holding but some. Since that would be the realistic way to do it.

I'm surprised more zombie MMOs don't use this for character deaths.

Anything you would find on a zombie (especially military.) would be ruined. Springs in magazines would be rusted out. equipment would be broken, clothes would be ruined beyond repair.  These zombies stand out in the rain and get shot up. They drag themselves along the ground, etc. 

Yeah, agree with trankin, every player death is a potential new zombie.

I do agree that the loot should be damaged by the zombie's behavior, but an automatic ruining of items is a senseless mechanic, it seems normal that zombies and military zombies would carry some loot, and who's to say one of those won't have a protector case filled with pristine goodies.

I understand that loots being on a zombie might not make it grounds for immediate ruining, but there is also the matter of the loot economy that needs to be taken into account. Can't have people farming military zombies for 5.45 ammo and the like.

One day.. of course they will do it I'm sure.. Think maybe more so after infections and disease is introduced properly to make it risky business to fiddle with zombie bodies