Sign in to follow this  
cash81

Steam not running after update

Hi all, steam just did an update but now it wont connect. Wont detect my internet connection so i cant do anything. I cant reset my password and i tried deleting all the files besides apps and steam.exe and still not working.

Anyone else experiencing this tonight?

Was able to log in on the site though.

Edit: corrected my terribad mobile typing lol

edit: solved for now, i deleted all the files but steamapps and steam.exe and didn't work. so then i restarted my computer from last known working config and the steam updater worked. i'm probably the only one who had this stupid problem but incase someone else is having trouble and nothing else seems to work, maybe this will help.

Edited by cash81

Steam was offline for about 20 minutes for me, came back online for like 10 minutes now it's offline again. It does this alot to be honest, it should come back on soon enough but I don't think it's anything to do with you/your connection.

Steam was offline for about 20 minutes for me, came back online for like 10 minutes now it's offline again. It does this alot to be honest, it should come back on soon enough but I don't think it's anything to do with you/your connection.

okay i might have loaded up in last known good config just as the servers were coming back then. no biggie, just had to dload the update again. thanks for the reply! :)