Sign in to follow this  
DeltaUniform

Loot Spawn by Peek Volume

Hello DayZ Community & (hopefully) Devs

Need to give admins more control over their server.

I understand why whitelisting, kick/ban-on-join, password protecting, etc, are detrimental to the game, but I believe you could achieve the same thing by implementing an item spawning system that is based on the number of players on the server.

Certain items that are uncommon or rare should only be rare in proportion to the competition. IE: certain items do not spawn unless the 20, 30, 40 player thresholds have been reached; and then despawn or decompose X number of minutes after the player threshold has been inversely reached (ie: the 30th player logs off, there are now 29 players on, countdown begins for rare loot despawn on player threshold 30 items (ie: downed helicopters, heavy weapons)).

What this does is prevents server admins from being able to rent a server as a personal loot stage, as things such as whitelisting, kick/ban on join, and perpetual restarts will be worthless if you lack the player numbers to spawn the gear you're looking for. You can then allow whitelisting, passwords, etc, all you want and maintain a fair playing environment.

Enjoy... feedback welcome

• Like 2

If this is implemented correctly, then I could be in support of it, but I can go both ways on it. I like an idea that attempts to combat clan hoarding with personal loot-up servers. 

Then again, maybe I'm just excited to see a forum noob be constructive instead of bitching about the lack of .50 cal Barrets not spawning in people's closets. 

• Like 1

I see some pros and cons here. As both OP and Rags mentioned, it does a fine job of combating clans and admins from gearing up with top tier gear in a short amount of time. However, a small disadvantage would be to players who prefer low/medium pop servers, such as myself. Some of us just prefer relative isolation, the feeling of a nearly deserted wasteland. It makes it that much more exciting when you DO actually see another player, as the interactions mean more and are often more of a surprise.

Anyway, I feel that there is potential here though I'm not sure how this could be implemented without punishing the DayZ hermits. We wanna shoot the big boy guns too ya know. Beans for the nice idea :beans:

• Like 1