Sign in to follow this  
webb107

A few suggestions

I have a few suggestions that i hope the devs would consider, 

1. Remove forced walking up steep slopes, this makes people incredibly vulnerable not to mention how annoying it really is, Maybe force jog as maximum hill climb speed with the option to walk, maybe the consequences of jogging up a steep slope could be that Hydration and energy levels deplete quicker, but if you walk its a little more conservative on these variables.

2. Give people more incentive to use more of the map. people are still hanging around coast lines etc, i'm sure your working on more loot/weapons/vechicles, but maybe certain things you can only get from certain areas of the map like military items than can only be acquired from north west air field for example. It would mean people explore more and moving off coast lines and more inland and generally using the majority of the map.

3. Maybe consider something where you can take a quick look at your compass, maybe having a key bound where you would hold your gun/melee wepon (presuming you have one) in your off hand, unable to fire and taking your compass out your pocket in your right hand.

I have a few suggestions that i hope the devs would consider, 

1. Remove forced walking up steep slopes, this makes people incredibly vulnerable not to mention how annoying it really is, Maybe force jog as maximum hill climb speed with the option to walk, maybe the consequences of jogging up a steep slope could be that Hydration and energy levels deplete quicker, but if you walk its a little more conservative on these variables.

2. Give people more incentive to use more of the map. people are still hanging around coast lines etc, i'm sure your working on more loot/weapons/vechicles, but maybe certain things you can only get from certain areas of the map like military items than can only be acquired from north west air field for example. It would mean people explore more and moving off coast lines and more inland and generally using the majority of the map.

3. Maybe consider something where you can take a quick look at your compass, maybe having a key bound where you would hold your gun/melee wepon (presuming you have one) in your off hand, unable to fire and taking your compass out your pocket in your right hand.

1 is a good feature for inclines of a certain height, but I believe they're planning on toning it down for moderate inclines. This is a problem that's been in BIS games forever and really just needs some tweaking that isn't a high priority task at the moment.

2 is planned. In the future not only will specific loot spawns be better but also specific buildings of the same type will be able to have modifiers so that some spawn alternative or more loot. That way you can per say loot a military base that's close to the coast and it would hardly spawn anything valuable but the same buildings at the NWAF further north would have different loot values. It's just a WIP system and needs a lot of modification to be done right, but we'll see it soon enough.

3 would be great for more than just compasses, but also for other navigation or single handed items. I think that this has been commented as more problematic than before but they want to make more fluid transitions between animations so you're not held up forever just trying to briefly check your compass. ArmA 2 and the DayZ mod had certain tools bound to keys so you got a 2D representation of the compass if you pressed said button, but I'd rather they not do this simply because it's more of a gamey feature and removes consequence to using it.