Sign in to follow this  
lowact

zombie increase /player increase?

Hey hoping a dev may be able to answer this, now that the new zombie AI is in will we see an increase in numbers of both zombies and player count per server? i know you talked about an increase of zombies but, its been a while since much was said about player count. i remember servers going up once in a while 100 counts what are the main issues stopping player count?

will we see that increase soon or in later builds closer to 1.0?

Be patient. They have tested 100 player servers before. They are currently adding new features. They have gathered data as what to tweak and fix in the netcode and on the server. If you read Eug's posts. He stated that atm they are in a state of transition. Some systems like player spawning and controls are using legacy or deprecated system. While the new ai and physics engine are the new system. Atm they are running close to the client's limitation because it's a 32 bit client. As stated once they are able to move the game into the new systems and remove the deprecated systems, plus roll out the 64 bit clients is probably when we'll see more zombies and players. Do keep in mind they are currently running 64 bit servers. But atm we have 32 bit clients. Eug has stated they have a 64 bit client internally. Be patient and once Dayz get to 1.0 everything should be in place. Cheers.

• Like 3

Be patient. They have tested 100 player servers before. They are currently adding new features. They have gathered data as what to tweak and fix in the netcode and on the server. If you read Eug's posts. He stated that atm they are in a state of transition. Some systems like player spawning and controls are using legacy or deprecated system. While the new ai and physics engine are the new system. Atm they are running close to the client's limitation because it's a 32 bit client. As stated once they are able to move the game into the new systems and remove the deprecated systems, plus roll out the 64 bit clients is probably when we'll see more zombies and players. Do keep in mind they are currently running 64 bit servers. But atm we have 32 bit clients. Eug has stated they have a 64 bit client internally. Be patient and once Dayz get to 1.0 everything should be in place. Cheers.

Im being patient lol  :P .

Its a question regarding the increase zombies coming and where the stance of player count will be ,if during this transition or later closer to 1.0 or due to other issues hindering player numbers atm.

I know they are switching from 32 bit to 64bit just hoping to have some in depth conversation to why and where in the time line player count fits if these AI changes will affect that At all or not.

they recently 

been chatting about zombies numbers increasing soon in one of the recent blogs, so im just wondering will we also see this new system letting them increase player numbers too when they  increase zombie count or will it be zombies alone in the increase.

Edited by dayzburn

Im being patient lol  :P .

Its a question regarding the increase zombies coming and where the stance of player count will be ,if during this transition or later closer to 1.0 or due to other issues hindering player numbers atm.

I know they are switching from 32 bit to 64bit just hoping to have some in depth conversation to why and where in the time line player count fits if these AI changes will affect that At all or not.

they recently 

been chatting about zombies numbers increasing soon in one of the recent blogs, so im just wondering will we also see this new system letting them increase player numbers too when they  increase zombie count or will it be zombies alone in the increase.

The devs will have to answer those questions. But I do recall they plan to have 100 player servers or even 150. They said that's the max due to having more players than that on the map would decrease the immersion. I also recall them stating a while back that the reason zombie numbers and player numbers are still low is due to the deprecated systems and the old AI. I believe they said once they are able to get the new systems in they'll be able to have stable enough servers to handle the increase zombies and players. If you look into their road map it can be assume we wouldn't get the increases until Q2. Since they are currently working on zombie AI then it would seem a few months from now is when we will see it. Keep in mind the last part is just my speculation xD Btw I know I repeated myself, but I had to layout my logic. :P

http://dayz.com/blog/dayz-moving-into-2015

Edited by Kronons