taikonaut

Moving on...

Just a thought... Isn´t it about time that DayZ Mod moves on to Arma3?

Would that be a legal matter with Bohemia?

Would it be a huge change in the code base?

Would DayZ in Arma3 feel different?

I don't see how this would serve any purpose. BI, I assume, owns all rights to DayZ. Since they're creating a standalone version, why would they use resources to create a mod for A3? Plus, why create a mod that has to deal with the issues of the base game, rather than have a separate game where they can change whatever they want because it's standalone?

Other groups are making DayZ-esque mods for Arma 3, but I don't see any reason to have an "official" DayZ mod for A3.

• Like 1

Just a thought... Isn´t it about time that DayZ Mod moves on to Arma3?

Dayz Mod License Share Alike (DML)

Brief summary of this Licence

• Arma 2 Only - You may not convert or adapt this material to be used in other games than Arma 2

http://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/dayz-mod-license-share-alike

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

I see that it is mostly a legal issue then...

With BI not allowing it to be based on a more modern platform, I fear that the mod is destined to vanish into obscurity quite soon. In fact I hope this is not the case, because I love the game to much...

Edited by dayzjarhead

But why? Every new thing they're developing for A3 (except the weapons) are slated as future additions to the standalone. (They even mention these things like they are DayZ exclusive, lol)

I have a sneaking suspicion that when DayZ is complete, it will basically be A3 with zombies in Chernarus.

Also, no using Dayz mod code in A3 per Bohemia. (Can't take away from the profits of SA donchaknow.)

• Like 1

Their are already a plethora of DayZ like mods for Arma 3 so their isn't really a need to port it over to Arma 3. Personally, I dont like Arma 3 compared to Arma 2. I dont get that Nostalgic feel

Edited by Zelot37