Pyongo Bongo

If the devs added Namalsk as a playable map i would cry of happiness

I always thought Namalsk was the most scary and immersive (at least to me) map.

Now the devs said that they worked with the maker of Namalsk in order to test modding and such, they even uploaded a screenshot of Namalsk

inside of SA.

I really hope we will be able to play Namalsk inside SA, since the devs kind of managed to port it into the game.

I really like the cold climate and the style of the map, do you think they are going to make it playable, or can anyone confirm this?

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

I was more in favour of Taviana in the mod days, but meh... I would still take it :)

Besides, I'm sure it was mentioned/geared towards the future modding side of DayZ, not officially releasing the map as part of DayZ.. Chernarus is DayZ.

I did love Namalsk, mainly because it had its own sounds with the new map.  The temperature really had an effect on the player and if you didn't find the cold weather clothing, you couldn't go to certain places.  It was very desolate, food was scarce, but provoked pvp because of that and easy acquisition of weapons.  Nevertheless, a very harsh and difficult environment would be a cool addition to DayZ.

Taviana was also great because of its pure size, wasn't it 600km² where Chernarus is 255km²?  

• Like 1

I did love Namalsk, mainly because it had its own sounds with the new map.  The temperature really had an effect on the player and if you didn't find the cold weather clothing, you couldn't go to certain places.  It was very desolate, food was scarce, but provoked pvp because of that and easy acquisition of weapons.  Nevertheless, a very harsh and difficult environment would be a cool addition to DayZ.

Taviana was also great because of its pure size, wasn't it 600km² where Chernarus is 255km²?  

This^ also napf was great. SO huge

Taviana and most other maps were great and really big, but i really liked Namalsk for greatly adding to my DayZ experience with its harsh weather and post-apocalyptic (and very creepy) look. To me it felt the most DayZ of all maps, but i think any new maps, or especially an

extension of Chernarus+ would be just delicious

Edited by Homeschooliazon

is this an early april fools joke?

they are actually considering another map? or add in?

cause wholey fuck chernarus plus is boring...

SA needs a re-hype and a new map would do just that.

anyone play bornholm on arma 3 overpoch or breaking point?

insanity, that map is pure sex and brings life to everything

is this an early april fools joke?

they are actually considering another map? or add in?

cause wholey fuck chernarus plus is boring...

SA needs a re-hype and a new map would do just that.

insanity, that map is pure sex and brings life to everything

They were only using Namalsk as a testbed for future modding support.  There were no confirmations on the addition of the map.  

I went there on vacation several times as a kid, didn't know it had found its way into arma3.

• Like 1

I was going to make this thread but I had to wait for the posting cooldown and then forgot! Thank you for making this thread. Except I was going to try to poll-arize it.

I'll just repost my post from the status update

The idea of bringing back Namalsk would excite me greatly. It would add *so* much to the game. It was a shame it received an unpopular update in the mod when it was popular which split up the community and eventually killed it. It deserves a return. It's a great counterbalance to Chernarus - with much more focus on extreme temperatures, verticality, and chokepoints.  

I much honestly preferred Namalsk as a whole. It had so many fun elements to it!

Edited by t1337Dude

So namalsk sounds amazing but what does namalsk look like I've only played the mod one time and it was a while ago and it didn't feature namalsk.

So namalsk sounds amazing but what does namalsk look like I've only played the mod one time and it was a while ago and it didn't feature namalsk.

It's a very atmospheric tundra/winter map and featured a very rich ambience. Lots of nice hidden details and lots of post soviet era architecture galore to explore.

I went there on vacation several times as a kid, didn't know it had found its way into arma3.

seriously?

i wonder if they are just using the name or what, its the top map atm.

and too bad namalsk was just being used as a test bed...

As I've said extensively and is listed on our store page - Steam Workshop modding will be supported. However this is not going to be rushed, or hackeneye. It will be in the hands of the community when it is ready, and is a core feature of DayZ.

• Like 11

I shudder to think about the countless servers running essentially extended deathmatchservers and how hard it will be to find populated vanilla dayz servers.

Think about it before you fracture the gamer base like that :/

• Like 3

Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R., you'll have a new fear of them >=)

Get out of here, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• Like 1

i really don't want the game to be finished by modders. i hope the release of mod tools happens after the majority of content is already added to stop people from "finishing" the game badly. 

I shudder to think about the countless servers running essentially extended deathmatchservers and how hard it will be to find populated vanilla dayz servers.

Think about it before you fracture the gamer base like that :/

I agree with you in some aspects, modding in itself can be a blessing and a curse as it leaves room for open interpretation on how the mod would like things to play out.  That said, a fair amount of players do get the "joneses" amongst shiny new toys so as always player bases will cure to what they see as ideal for they're playstyles.  I think the overall populace will keep with vanilla as overtime it will rest as anchor for the majority of DayZ's player base.  Further more steam workshop support does not necessarily mean open server files so I doubt we will see the stuff from the mod i.e. [sA-RAMBO(Z)-25 Minute Restarts-600 Chopper Crashes-AS50&4V3S's On Spawn]  

• Like 2