Sign in to follow this  
dddreck

Mini Karma System

Hi there,

I was recently thinking about a way to connect DayZ with a kind of Karma Sytem, that doesn't effect the game in a drastic way. As far as I know in hindu belives, you will be reborn as a lower kind of living when your present lifestyle is not the way of light.

Soooo what about that:

If you get into a gunfight, take the first shot and kill your opposite, after you will die, you will respawn in prisoners clothes. As long as you wear them others will see that you played in a "bandit-way" with you previous character, and avoid/attack/rob you.

What do you think. s it too esoteric, too stupid, too unimportant? Or do you think it will change the playstyle just a little bit that you think twice before distant-KOS and stuff?

PS: I don't think that real prisoners are lower kind of living, it just would be fun in the game I think.

Edited by dddreck

I like the idea, but a person that would spawn with the prisoners clothes can easily just pick up new clothes to wear, and no one would be the wiser. ;)

No. None should be punished, in any way, for the way they choose to play the game, as long as it is not cheating or exploiting.

• Like 1

If a player charges me with a fire axe I'm taking the first shot, orange jumpsuit or not.

No. None should be punished, in any way, for the way they choose to play the game, as long as it is not cheating or exploiting.

I agree.  Any system that helps you identify a target as hostile or non-hostile before contact would take all of the uncertainty (and some fun) out of it.

An interesting concept to say the least, but the Karma system failed horribly in the mod (for the most part) and I don't think they'd manage to do much better in SA.

I do see some flaws with your 'plan'.  The prisoner uniforms we have now are better than the clothes we spawn with (more slots, slightly better protection), so it'd be like in the Mod, people doing 'bad shit' to get an awesome camouflaged skin.  That and as the others have mentioned you can pretty much replace it right off the bat with other clothing, and now they won't be able to tell you did anything.  It might actually encourage people to hunt down newspawns.