Zyryanoff

Discussion about weapon slots on your back

Weapon slots on your back.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• System must be changed.
    • No, I like current system.
    • Are you insane? In this case I can't carry my sweety overpimped assault rifle and mosin! So shut up!

Just imagine - you are alone in the wilderness and don't have any backpacks or vests, just your clothing. And by the chance you've found something useful for surviving but rather big to carry it in your pockets. (axe, machete, etc.) So you would need to carry it in your hands until you find another ways to keep it.

Try and remember that in real life, putting something in a back pack isn't the only way to carry items.  Weapon can be slung over a shoulder or left to free hang with a combat sling, with some rope and duct tape you could create a make shift sling for that axe (not to mention a machete tend to have their own sheaths for carrying them around).  Yes the current system is not realistic but not just not in the way you think.

No one says they both need to be on your back if they have slings/straps.

An assault rifle would be carried at the chest for easy or rapid access whereas a long barrel rifle would be over the shoulder.

Over your shoulder - try mountain climbing and cross country hiking with something 'over your shoulder' and see how far you get before it totally pisses you off.

• Like 1

The only problem i have with it is that there is no gunslings attached to them, i wouldn't mind to be able to carry two rifles on the back or two axes for that matter why now somebody would like to do that.

And about that, i see that people have commented above "how silly" when it comes to two rifles on the back, now how is that silly? I can carry two rifles over my shoulders in real life, hell i can carry four rifles over my shoulders "i agree not really practical though".

The axe/sword or other random melee weapons that is stuck to the back should instead be put on the outside of the backpack.

And when we are at it with realism and all that, who in their right mind puts their tent inside their backpack or even worse run around with it in their hands? ofc tents should be able to be strapped to the outside of the bigger backpacks.

Yes you can put them over each shoulder in rl, now try walking an appreciable distance with them over rugged terrain.

• Like 1

Try and remember that in real life, putting something in a back pack isn't the only way to carry items.

You are funny. This is obvious. I mentioned slings and other stuff. But in the situation I described:"you are alone in the wilderness and don't have any backpacks or vests, just your clothing."

And you suggested this:

Weapon can be slung over a shoulder or left to free hang with a combat sling, with some rope and duct tape you could create a make shift sling for that axe (not to mention a machete tend to have their own sheaths for carrying them around). 

You don't have slings, ropes or duct tapes. And even if you have I agree with Jexter:"try mountain climbing and cross country hiking with something 'over your shoulder' and see how far you get before it totally pisses you off."

Yes the current system is not realistic but not just not in the way you think.

It's not realistic definitely in the way we all think.

Slings have been suggested many times and the devs have said it's not going to happen. Regardless of this the current situation does need to change, having weapons glued to your back looks ridiculous. 

I think wearing a backpack being a requirement for weapon slots is a good compromise, the best option there is given the devs position.

I totally agree with that post.

Edited by Zyryanoff
  • Like 1

You shouldn't be able to carry any weapon on your back unless you craft or find a sling or holster of some kind for it. It needn't be very hard though, some rope or leather should do the trick and these could ofcourse already come with the rifles. Other than that You should be able to choose what you have on your back: Axe/fireerm, Axe/axe, Firearm/firearm as long as you can sling it.

If there were special holsters for knives, machetes and small hatchets it would increase the use of these weapons.

On a related note, knives are really underpowered and useless in this game. In a real-life survivalist scenario the first-choice weapon for any survivor wouldn't be an axe, it would be a knife.