Sign in to follow this  
Wookieenoob

who's seen the abandoned soviet underground bases?

they don't spawn anything right now, there are three underground sections, each more elaborate than the last. i'm honestly wondering if they're actually finished yet, i suspect in the future they may add in some hidden loot spawns down there.

the deepest bunker has three ladders down, probably at least 40-60m deep.

the three bunkers are together and are visible from satelite images. 

they were added along with the novodmitrovsk "new north of the map" area. 

quite interested to know how many people know of their existence.

anyone who doesn't can find them using the information i've provided here without me saying "go here oo"

I was wandering around the very top of the map a few days ago - it's really good up there!  Very pretty, lots of small villages and farming areas, a nice looking wooden bridge over a river and (spoiler alert!) lots of those cabins that always have a gun in the right hand corner as you go into them :-)

Up there I saw a large slab of concrete with what looked like a ladder going down into a hole in the middle of it - I immediately thought it was some sort of bunker complex but didn't bother to investigate it since I didn't think there was any such feature in the game.  Did I miss out on something cool, or was that something else?

I also found the mining complex with all the bulldozers and diggers - that was really impressive and I'd love to actually be able to go into the mine system itself at some point in the future.  There's also what looks like a lumber mill.

Whoever is working on the very Northern most part of the map at BI is doing a fantastic job IMO :-)

• Like 3

I have not seen them yet. I tend to stay down south. :P

they don't spawn anything right now, there are three underground sections, each more elaborate than the last. i'm honestly wondering if they're actually finished yet, i suspect in the future they may add in some hidden loot spawns down there.

the deepest bunker has three ladders down, probably at least 40-60m deep.

the three bunkers are together and are visible from satelite images. 

they were added along with the novodmitrovsk "new north of the map" area. 

quite interested to know how many people know of their existence.

anyone who doesn't can find them using the information i've provided here without me saying "go here oo"

Down at the bottom is a nice place to have a campfire to cook and warm up, the light & smoke can't be seen from above at all and there's a ground texture down there where you can gather kindling/wood.  A few updates ago when they put that in there were rumors of a ladder glitch that killed you if you entered,  but I've been up and down 100x without incident.   That's kept a lot of people from venturing down there - for that reason (and because it doesn't spawn any loot) it makes for a good stash location too.

Are we talking Northern abondoned mil based just east from Krasnoe, North from Severo? Edit: We Are.

The deepest bunker is like 50m away from the barracks, but i guess that one could actualy spawn something unlike the other two. I managed to fall down once and survived \o/

The grave pit, located south east from the prison is just a pit full of bodies sealed off. Third one, located south west corner is the trap one (ladder too short to come back up).

Id much more prefer another pair of barracks or  a few more bmp wrecks lying around :)

Edited by halp

A few updates ago when they put that in there were rumors of a ladder glitch that killed you if you entered,  but I've been up and down 100x without incident.   That's kept a lot of people from venturing down there.

When it was first put in the game the ladder was too short, so you would climb down the ladder fall maybe 2 metres of the bottom of it to the ground but then you couldn't reach it to climb back up.

When it was first put in the game the ladder was too short, so you would climb down the ladder fall maybe 2 metres of the bottom of it to the ground but then you couldn't reach it to climb back up.

i remember that.. i believe this was before the suicide option was added to the game. i never went back to those bunkers after that time i had to wait until my character starved to death at the bottom of the pit. nice to know this is fixed now

Edited by Belphegor
  • Like 1

Yes, the job they are doing on expanding north of the map is excellent!

The developed countryside, towns and bigger cities blend in seamlessly with the enviroment. Looks really really good.

Iam roaming that area with all my 6 chars since a while..never meet anyone.

*edith..dont trust OP ..THERE ARE NO SECRET BUNKERS !

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Not totally true. I'm not calling you a liar, but I expect the same in return when I tell you this: I didn't get stuck. I explored everyone of those enterable bunkers when they were first added and was able to escape each time. The one you're referring to required me to walk up the "slope" behind the ladder in order to go up high enough to get the "climb" action indicator. Activating a ladder (getting the option to climb it) is pretty buggy, so all I had to do was move around a bit and eventually it gave me that option. I went in fully prepared to find a way for my character to die, but I didn't have to :)

• Like 1

That base looks awesome. Like it fell out of STALKER shadow of Chernobyl. Did those ugly hangars got deleted in later updates? Few more wrecked vehicles wouldn't hurt.

That base looks awesome. Like it fell out of STALKER shadow of Chernobyl. Did those ugly hangars got deleted in later updates? Few more wrecked vehicles wouldn't hurt.

there are actually about 6-7 wrecks of t90s and trucks to the NW of this base.

i'd like to see a barracks or something at the bottom of these bunkers

Are the ladders still short...

Here is my old warning vid, in-case you guys feel like going there.

LOL nice try, think I am going to listen to this. Last time someone went there Poof fell down.

Lure us into that spot will you :)

LOL nice try, think I am going to listen to this. Last time someone went there Poof fell down.

Lure us into that spot will you :)

i've been down all of them

That is close to my camp area, first time i saw it i was a bit disappointed that it wasn't any loot down there, and for all non believers, i've been down a handful of times and the ladders have not glitch me to an early death yet

I flew off the first ladder and fell to the bottom but I didn't die, just landed with a soft *poof*. I've been down there several times, usually once with each new patch to see if they've changed anything or added loot to it.

I had a military tent at one point that I was going to try to erect down there, but I ended up killing two guys at the new military base and I lost it as I was looting their stuff; I put the tent on the ground and it disappeared. =(

I flew off the first ladder and fell to the bottom but I didn't die, just landed with a soft *poof*. I've been down there several times, usually once with each new patch to see if they've changed anything or added loot to it.

I had a military tent at one point that I was going to try to erect down there, but I ended up killing two guys at the new military base and I lost it as I was looting their stuff; I put the tent on the ground and it disappeared. =(

yeah tenting down there is good because most players will fall and die before they get to the tent, not to mention that most people wouldn't even go down there, and you can put the tent out of LOS of the entrance on 2/3 of the bunkers, especially the 3 level one. 

Edited by Wookieenoob

I was wandering around the very top of the map a few days ago - it's really good up there!  Very pretty, lots of small villages and farming areas, a nice looking wooden bridge over a river and (spoiler alert!) lots of those cabins that always have a gun in the right hand corner as you go into them :-)

Up there I saw a large slab of concrete with what looked like a ladder going down into a hole in the middle of it - I immediately thought it was some sort of bunker complex but didn't bother to investigate it since I didn't think there was any such feature in the game.  Did I miss out on something cool, or was that something else?

I also found the mining complex with all the bulldozers and diggers - that was really impressive and I'd love to actually be able to go into the mine system itself at some point in the future.  There's also what looks like a lumber mill.

Whoever is working on the very Northern most part of the map at BI is doing a fantastic job IMO :-)

I was hoping they'd extend the mine considerably. More interesting than added yet another town or village, anyway.

yeah tenting down there is good because most players will fall and die before they get to the tent, not to mention that most people wouldn't even go down there, and you can put the tent out of LOS of the entrance on 2/3 of the bunkers, especially the 3 level one.

And then they read the forums and find out the spot. xP