r4z0r49

DayZ Mod Development Branch - 20a57cf

The ideal place to post bugs is:

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Full Download:

Client Files: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/.Development/@Client-Dev-20a57cf-Full.rar
Server Files: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/.Development/@Server-Dev-20a57cf-Full.rar

Mission File: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/.Development/dayz_1337.chernarus.pbo

DB SQL: http://se1.dayz.nu/l...1/SQL-1.8.4.rar

Prerequisites:

* [Prerequisites] - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 x86 Redistributable (http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8328)

* [Prerequisites] - Battleye Filters must be updated manually by server admins. (https://github.com/D...attleye-Filters)

* [Prerequisites] - Updated to the newest beta using Steam.

Notes

* [server-Admins] - Make sure to remove the temporary mission file we don't wont the old temp system overriding the new one.

Changes:

[updated] - Czech stringtables.

[updated] - Player temperature - Changed sun to +3, Changed rain to -2.5, changed Moving to +2.1. (added in vehicle check to water).

[updated] - MatchBox system reset back to 1.8.2.

[Fixed] - Traps have now been rolled back to 1.8.2. 

[Fixed] - Sandbags, Hedgehogs, Wire can now be built on roads.

[Fixed] - Gate break in action is now shown to everyone but the owner of the gate.

[Fixed] - Journal entry for the new temperature disable system.

[Fixed] - Identified an out of memory issue caused by private scoped items trying to spawn. (Root cause identified Thanks to the ppl involved.)

[Fixed] - Quick fix to resolve players using an exploit to enter base's. Add report to admin also.

Contributing
------------

Want to contribute? Or have we missed your name?
Please contact R4Z0R49 on http://dayzmod.com/forums/

Quick Install Info:

Full

• Download Full Client Files.
  • Navigate to your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory
  • Extract the @Client-Dev-20a57cf-Full into your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory.
  • To start DayZ use a command line string like the below

Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe -mod=@Dayz;CA;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -noFilePatching -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause -world=Chernarus

Steam

• Right click Arma2: DayZ Mod, select properties.
  • When the window pops up go to the "BETAS" tab
  • Now Select Development! - public dev branch in the drop down box.
  • The files should now should now update
  • Launch as normal

Please note Admins there is an error within the map init.sqf line 27 should needs to be changed
from

dayz_maxGlobalZeds = 500: 
to
dayz_maxGlobalZeds = 500;

ty for info, updated

here one of my server too if interesting

b_560_95_1.png

Matches have gone from 5 different loot spawns to just 1 lowering the spawn chance.

Matches have gone from 5 different loot spawns to just 1 lowering the spawn chance.

omg, sorry but isn't it went too far. i mean we cant fill our hungry and thirst using can food and drinks anyomore. also this new temp thing. i think it became too much hardcore isnt it? also you can't find any whicle parts in industrial places , because only wooden planks spawn. maybe this game became orientated to experienced players only cause new ones cant play it anymore.

omg, sorry but isn't it went too far. i mean we cant fill our hungry and thirst using can food and drinks anyomore. also this new temp thing. i think it became too much hardcore isnt it? also you can't find any whicle parts in industrial places , because only wooden planks spawn. maybe this game became orientated to experienced players only cause new ones cant play it anymore.

You do realise that this is a dev-branch, right?

If you bring forth constructive criticism, expect it to change. That's what this is for. Not your ranting.

Also, the matchboxes you find now contains more matches than just 5. Just like in 1.8.2

This change wont be staying its just how it is in the dev branch i removed all the other matches and only added the old type back keeping the same value for the chance. This will have to change as you pointed out the need for fire has become alot higher with the temperature system being brought into the mix now.

However as vinyljunkie mentioned the matches box's contain more now so lets see how it plays out you may find you don't need them to be higher.

No feed back im guessing everything is working as it should be.

No feed back im guessing everything is working as it should be.

Seems fine to me :)

Sorry got hard working..

em now il will test 2 thing

First, stil geting a game crash near my own build base (~35-50 meters from it) After entering game im with the binocular in hands(!)

2-nd in 1.8.4 can't build @ castle will test now(30 minuts to ride)

Em.. same thing, can't build on castle even on this version as well :(
rest i ques is all ok

You need to clear your db of all _base classnames.

Not sure anything has been mentioned about castles. So no idea what your talking about on that.

You need to clear your db of all _base classnames.

So I've did this on our test server (running the dev branch) and bases still appear and it all seems fine.

Should I do the same thing on our live 1.8.4.1 server? I have added this "fix" to the live server_functions.sqf but still have problems with disconnects.

check_publishobject = {	private ["_saveObject","_allowed","_allowedObjects","_object","_playername"];	_badObjects = ["WoodenFence_base","MetalFence_base"];	_object = _this select 0;	_playername = _this select 1;	_allowed = false;#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG	diag_log format ["DEBUG: Checking if Object: %1 is allowed, published by %2", _object, _playername];#endif	if ((typeOf _object) in DayZ_SafeObjects) then {		_saveObject = "DayZ_SafeObjects";		_allowed = true;	};		if ((typeOf _object) in _badObjects) then {		deleteVehicle _object;	};		//Buildings	if (_object iskindof "DZ_buildables") then {		_saveObject = "DZ_buildables";		_allowed = true;	};

Will removing _base objects from the database and running this fix be enough to avoid the disconnects that occur related to the _base objects?

Thanks!

Edited by vinyljunkie

So I've did this on our test server (running the dev branch) and bases still appear and it all seems fine.

Should I do the same thing on our live 1.8.4.1 server? I have added this "fix" to the live server_functions.sqf but still have problems with disconnects.

check_publishobject = {	private ["_saveObject","_allowed","_allowedObjects","_object","_playername"];	_badObjects = ["WoodenFence_base","MetalFence_base"];	_object = _this select 0;	_playername = _this select 1;	_allowed = false;#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG	diag_log format ["DEBUG: Checking if Object: %1 is allowed, published by %2", _object, _playername];#endif	if ((typeOf _object) in DayZ_SafeObjects) then {		_saveObject = "DayZ_SafeObjects";		_allowed = true;	};		if ((typeOf _object) in _badObjects) then {		deleteVehicle _object;	};		//Buildings	if (_object iskindof "DZ_buildables") then {		_saveObject = "DZ_buildables";		_allowed = true;	};

Will removing _base objects from the database and running this fix be enough to avoid the disconnects that occur related to the _base objects?

Thanks!

this is an issue with the dismantle script in 1.8.3/1.8.4.1 so you can remove from the db but they will reappear until this dev build is released it should then stop happening. If everything is working correct. The above snippet will stop them from appearing in your 1.8.4.1 and hopefully stop the crash issue.

• Like 1

this is an issue with the dismantle script in 1.8.3/1.8.4.1 so you can remove from the db but they will reappear until this dev build is released it should then stop happening. If everything is working correct. The above snippet will stop them from appearing in your 1.8.4.1 and hopefully stop the crash issue.

Thank you.

Not sure about this, I have not gotten around to testing the dev branch. In the changelog it talks about small buildables like the hedgehogs and shit being able to be built on roads, but are walls able to be placed on them?

Hedgehogs,sandbags,wire are placed items fence's are built into the ground so nope we don't allow walls in roads same as we don't allow tents on roads. But to be fair theirs no reason we need to have roads locked down like they are hence the reason i've pulled the place-able's from the road list. I'll end up remove that limit all together at some point if i ever get any free time to do anything on the mod.