Skaldov

Abusing Admin Kick on Public servers, lots of whitelisted publics

In recent month it has become a serious problem.

There are really Lots and Lots of publics, that has whitelists.

All of them can't be reported! Hosters doesn't do anything with abuses. Hosters need money, players want whitelisted pubs. So servers with whitelist are working now without any sanctions. So unlimited kicks are used to create whitelists in public servers with safe-looting! 

Why developers don't want to fix this abuse by limiting count of kicks per hour? Or give to public server admins limited black-lists (by total bans-count and bans per hour)  instead of unlimited kicks.

Why there aren't any centralising server-report system with tracking count of reports by server? 

There are lots of ways to fix this abuse in server-side. Why developers ignore this trouble?

Some players wants to play safely on pubs. Ok, why developers can't make another server type: whitelisted pub, that can be filtred like a private servers, and cost of this server per slot in month will be  2x-5x bigger than private hive with shard?

• Like 6

Scrolling.
DayZ [ELITE TEAM] Clan member only 1/40
Scrolling.
RUS36 Clan Server (kick all non abuse) 0/40
Scrolling.
DayZ PL 1-054 - Hosted by Fragnet.net Persistanse Enabled 0/50
Click-click.
You are not in the White list, and were kicked.
Scrolling.
Friendly RP Server 10/30
Click-click.
You are not in the White list, and were kicked.

Unreal play. Seriously, this is a game of "find a server without whitelist". Even if you choose Public server, ignoring Private, still 2 of 3 will be with whitelist. At the off. forum advised to put in the filter "Hosted by". Now the probability whitelist 1 of 3. Not a panacea, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Got kicked aprox 25 times today from public servers. The last one I was on reset my gear when I joined another one. I reported that server, outcome will most likely be the same. If I would report every of those servers, I would be writing emails all day long. So sad that there is no way to directly report servers ingame. Would solve the problem immediately.

Anyways, have my beans.

Edit: Actually I experienced more of an abusive behaviour when admins wanted the server for them and their 2-3 buddys. I simply avoid whitelist-pubs as the outcome would be the same.

Edited by Insoliciously
  • Like 3

Hey all I just wanted to jump in and say that this is a very real issue. Been kicked from about 8 servers today when 1 guy was on the server already. Anyone that joined would be kicked. Happened on a bunch of servers... Would it help to write down the names? Not really looking for revenge... rather just a limit to kicks or something.

• Like 3

You guys need to report these abuses, posting it on the forums will change absolutely nothing.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

EDIT:

From the banner in the server area:

If you encounter an abusive admin or server, please do not post it here on the forums. We cannot do anything with these reports. It is not productive and does not expedite action taken against these servers. Please report them to the GSPs directly following the pinned Guidelines

Edited by Max Planck