Sign in to follow this  
victormindfield

12 gauge Flaregun

I think that the game should be able to fit the 12 gauge ammo into the flaregun. In real life flareguns are 12 gauge and should be able to fit the ammo.

In WWII they used to be made out of metal and could be used as a handgun.
They decided to change the design strictly to hard PVC plastic for obivious reasons.

All though being plastic, it does not explode - all though there is always a chance percentage that it might.

That shouldnt stop the game from being able to use this to its advantage.

There is a new level of trust/distrust between someone who runs up onto a person holding a flaregun.
There is a chance its just loaded with a flare, but if not, its 12 gauge ammo.  it should be ruined after only a few shots.
It may also backfire on the user, not only are the bandits not to be trusted, now the weapons can even turn on you.

see video 

<----  12 guage plastic flaregun shotgun ammo

post-226115-0-13703700-1425142541_thumb.
  Edited by victormindfield
  • Like 4

Great idea! I'd also like the flare to make a whistling noise and stay in the air longer

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 2

Beans for you sir.  Though not all flareguns are 12gauge, I always thought we should be able to use the flare as a shotpistol.  Since it's plastic they should make it so that using a 12 gauge in it will make it deteroiate very quickly, and a chance of exploding on you when it's at damage.

To add further, could you load a flaregun into a shotgun and use a flare like that (I would imagine you could in break actions but want a yes or no from someone like Gews).

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHAAH....no

In real life, the flareguns as depicted in-game are MOST EMPHATICALLY NOT designed to chamber an actual shotgun shell. The chamber for the flares is shorter than required for actual shotshells, and even if you shorten a shell so it will fit, the flaregun is likely to explode in your hand.

Case in point: I own the real-world version of the in-game flaregun (it actually is REALLY common), and it states, right on the packaging: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHAMBER SHOTGUN AMMUNITION, NOR MODIFY SHOTGUN AMMUNITION TO FIT (paraphrased)

Were there flareguns made in metal, that could also fire shotshells? Yes.

Do people shorten actual shotshells so they can fire them from flareguns? Yes

Should those people consider themselves extremely lucky that they didn't lose a hand? Yes.

AHAHAHAHAAH....no

In real life, the flareguns as depicted in-game are MOST EMPHATICALLY NOT designed to chamber an actual shotgun shell. The chamber for the flares is shorter than required for actual shotshells, and even if you shorten a shell so it will fit, the flaregun is likely to explode in your hand.

Case in point: I own the real-world version of the in-game flaregun (it actually is REALLY common), and it states, right on the packaging: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHAMBER SHOTGUN AMMUNITION, NOR MODIFY SHOTGUN AMMUNITION TO FIT (paraphrased)

Were there flareguns made in metal, that could also fire shotshells? Yes.

Do people shorten actual shotshells so they can fire them from flareguns? Yes

Should those people consider themselves extremely lucky that they didn't lose a hand? Yes.

I was going to say, I wouldn't mind to let people try this if they're really desperate, but it'd have to have a high chance of going very wrong. 

Great idea! I'd also like the flare to make a whistling noise and stay in the air longer

Longer? It already stays up until it hits the ground and you can send it over 1200 vertical feet. The real thing only lasts for "up to 7 seconds" and makes it "up to 500' ". If they add this feature, you should have to drag a knife onto the 12 gauge ammo to get option "shorten shell". The end-product would have much less damage, less pellets, no pattern to speak of and a risk of injury.

Sure why not I would like to see this intake but I got a question is this possible.

It's certainly possible, in some instances with the right flare gun and right 12 gauge shotgun shells. In order to fit the Orion-style flare gun we have you'd need to cut the shell down. And considering the situation, with Soviet-era 12 Gauge ammunition not exactly being consistent, and the apocalypse at hand, you'd still be very likely to misfire and cause major bodily harm.

It's not needed at all. I can't imagine flare guns will be so common in the future that this would ever be used anyway. I mean, it definitely wouldn't make sense if they were spawning more than far more capable weapons like the IZH-43.

It's certainly possible, in some instances with the right flare gun and right 12 gauge shotgun shells. In order to fit the Orion-style flare gun we have you'd need to cut the shell down. And considering the situation, with Soviet-era 12 Gauge ammunition not exactly being consistent, and the apocalypse at hand, you'd still be very likely to misfire and cause major bodily harm.

It's not needed at all. I can't imagine flare guns will be so common in the future that this would ever be used anyway. I mean, it definitely wouldn't make sense if they were spawning more than far more capable weapons like the IZH-43.

agreed. Maybe we can also get different flare colors like green or blue. Edited by DaNic2553