bamitscon

DayZ SA FPS Help!

I get really bad FPS in game, what FPS in cities should i be getting with these Specs?:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3350P

RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series i think its an AMD Radeon R9 270x?

I have 4 Cores.

Everyone gets bad fps in cities. I want to say 15 fps in elektro for your specs.

What in my specs would you say to upgrade for more FPS?

your CPU

An intel 4 core that you can overclock to 4.5+ GHz would be good like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117372

but you will need a new motherboard too.

There are some general fps issues in 0.54 due to a bug or several bugs

try deleting all launch options in steam for dayz

and delete this dayz folder C:\Users\Franzuu\Documents\DayZ

What about this one?

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=19-117-369

Or should I pay for a new graphics card? Will getting a new cpu make games such as H1Z1 have higher FPS?

sorry, that link doesn't work.

The thing with DayZ is that it is very CPU dependent, but it promises to get better.

A new GPU will get you more frames in H1Z1, I do not think you are CPU bound by it.

Franzuu, your suggestion is actually incorrect. I have the CPU and a very good GPU as well. Getting new parts will not fix your FPS at all, tweaking the game through launch commands and CFG editing will some what fix your FPS, but not by much. The game is so highly un-optimized that for some people the game runs good, and for others it runs horribly. Cause the DayZ team totally couldn't be fixing the game but they choose to add new hats and new animations but watev.

Franzuu, your suggestion is actually incorrect. I have the CPU and a very good GPU as well. Getting new parts will not fix your FPS at all, tweaking the game through launch commands and CFG editing will some what fix your FPS, but not by much. The game is so highly un-optimized that for some people the game runs good, and for others it runs horribly. Cause the DayZ team totally couldn't be fixing the game but they choose to add new hats and new animations but watev.

The game is CPU bound. Getting a good CPU with very good 1 core performance will move that CPU bottleneck forward.

There isn't a CPU in existence that will fix* the FPS issues for the game as it is now.

*remove the CPU bottleneck for a powerful GPU like the 980 (or even a lower than mid-range GPU) when rendering complex scenes.

A better CPU WILL!!! improve the minimum framerate.

Edited by Franzuu

In all honesty, I run a 2500k at 4.5Ghz and my framerate in cities still drops into the mid to low 20s in cities.

Infact, I also have a second computer (955BE@3.7Ghz) and performance on both is broadly similar, within a few FPS. IMO, upgrading already decent hardware for DayZ doesn't make much sense, I'd personally wait for more optimisations to go live & just live with low FPS in built up areas (like the rest of us).

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

This is the CPU that i linked;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369&cm_re=intel-_-19-117-369-_-Product

Will getting this CPU improve FPS in DayZ aswell as Arma 3? Like Arma 3 Life?

Also why should i delete all Launch Options? I thought launch options are suposed to help?  My launch options are set to this; 

-maxVram=2048 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=3 -maxMem=7168  -nopause -nosplash -skipintro -malloc=system

Edited by BAMitsCON1

This is the CPU that i linked;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369&cm_re=intel-_-19-117-369-_-Product

Will getting this CPU improve FPS in DayZ aswell as Arma 3? Like Arma 3 Life?

Also why should i delete all Launch Options? I thought launch options are suposed to help?  My launch options are set to this; 

-maxVram=2048 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=3 -maxMem=7168  -nopause -nosplash -skipintro -malloc=system

Thats the best 4 core CPU you can get. 

If gaming is all you do then this CPU might be a few percentage points better in some situations because of no hyperthreading but HT can be turned off on the more expensive CPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117372its cheaper too.

Note that it is clocked lower, you have to overclock it for it to be on par with the 4790K. Both overclock about the same but each CPU is different and nothing is guaranteed. To overclock you need an aftermarket cooler like the Noctua NH-D14 or the newer NH-D15. Newegg has some new BS policy of not showing prices, both should be around $90-$100. 

Arma 3 Life has bad fps because the mission (mod) is bloated with scripts. I do not know if a better CPU will improve FPS there.

The CPU will improve minimum FPS in DayZ. For it to be worth it you'll have to overclock it to 4.5 GHz which most chips can do easy. Maybe you can even eek out a 4.6 or 4.7.

One thing you have to consider is that DayZ is horrible ATM and you'll likely be disappointed with the gains I have a 3770K at 4.6 GHz with a GTX 670. I usually get 20-25 fps in towns. 

My suggestion is to wait. Let the Devs fix the engine. Intel is coming out with Broawdell K desktop CPUs in Q2 2015, right when the dayz devs will be introducing the engine fixes. Then you can see if you need a new CPU or maybe a GPU. The R270x is a good and capable GPU, your CPU is good too actually.

Delete the launch options 

and delete the dayz folder C:\Users\Franzuu\Documents\DayZ

because 0.54 inroduced something that made those tweaks cause bad FPS and crashes. Though there have been reports of the memory related launch options fixing the crashes for some.

Ok, also when is the engine fixes being released/introduced, when that happens will the performance be alot better?

Thats the best 4 core CPU you can get. 

If gaming is all you do then this CPU might be a few percentage points better in some situations because of no hyperthreading but HT can be turned off on the more expensive CPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117372its cheaper too.

Note that it is clocked lower, you have to overclock it for it to be on par with the 4790K. Both overclock about the same but each CPU is different and nothing is guaranteed. To overclock you need an aftermarket cooler like the Noctua NH-D14 or the newer NH-D15. Newegg has some new BS policy of not showing prices, both should be around $90-$100. 

Arma 3 Life has bad fps because the mission (mod) is bloated with scripts. I do not know if a better CPU will improve FPS there.

The CPU will improve minimum FPS in DayZ. For it to be worth it you'll have to overclock it to 4.5 GHz which most chips can do easy. Maybe you can even eek out a 4.6 or 4.7.

One thing you have to consider is that DayZ is horrible ATM and you'll likely be disappointed with the gains I have a 3770K at 4.6 GHz with a GTX 670. I usually get 20-25 fps in towns. 

My suggestion is to wait. Let the Devs fix the engine. Intel is coming out with Broawdell K desktop CPUs in Q2 2015, right when the dayz devs will be introducing the engine fixes. Then you can see if you need a new CPU or maybe a GPU. The R270x is a good and capable GPU, your CPU is good too actually.

Delete the launch options 

and delete the dayz folder C:\Users\Franzuu\Documents\DayZ

because 0.54 inroduced something that made those tweaks cause bad FPS and crashes. Though there have been reports of the memory related launch options fixing the crashes for some.

Are you retard? Getting a new CPU to fix FPS problem of a shitty optimised game? His i5 is not so old to upgrade it just to the next but again now current generation. Also you suggest overclocking to a guy who is not sure which GPU he have? Pure genius.

Are you retard? Getting a new CPU to fix FPS problem of a shitty optimised game? His i5 is not so old to upgrade it just to the next but again now current generation. Also you suggest overclocking to a guy who is not sure which GPU he have? Pure genius.

I think I said as much as to what a CPU upgrade would do to his FPS.

Intel K series CPUs are meant to be overclocked. There are a lot of guides out there. Its impossible to fry your CPU if you follow instructions and I'm not sure that even if you tried to kill your CPU through BIOS settings you'd be able to. 

Ok, also when is the engine fixes being released/introduced, when that happens will the performance be alot better?

"The New Renderer" is coming Q1 2015 according to the roadmap, so within a month. We will probably start seeing improvments in Q2 2015. 

Its really annoying me because i am getting terrible FPS in cities, Does anyone know a good FPS Performance Guide video?

Its really annoying me because i am getting terrible FPS in cities, Does anyone know a good FPS Performance Guide video?

Everyone is getting bad fps in cities.

The fps tweaks are causing major issues on the 0.54 patch

here is the best guide 

i don't know if these will cause issues

Thats the video i just watched and my FPS is actually alot better now in the cities

• Like 1

How do you see your FPS? I found an option in steam to add an overlay in games, but I'm very skeptical that it is accurate. 

I have a fairly decent video card (radeon 5870) and a xeon E3-1241v3 (haswell) and it feels like my FPS is lower than it should be even though the game isn't optimized.