Sign in to follow this  
Lorax

Hot Keys only for items NOT in your packpack

I think you should only be able to use hot keyed items if they are in an accessible pocket, aka everything other than your backpack. I shouldn't be able pull a gun out of a backpack without first stopping, putting the backpack down, and then rummaging around (going into my gear page). This goes for reloading magazines, clips, and snaploaders as well.

• Like 3

I actually like this idea. If anything, make us take our backpacks off in order to access it. 

I don't mind the hot keys at all. Without them, things would be unnecessarily tedious. However, if you are going to pull something out of your pack, via the hotkeys, there should be a time penalty, You shouldn't be able to produce a magnum instantaneously and blow everyone's head off, before they know what happened.

• Like 1

This is a good suggestion. +1 from me.

If you are going to kill a group of people, at least take the time to go behind a shed and pull your magnum out of your bag.

I don't mind the hot keys at all. Without them, things would be unnecessarily tedious. However, if you are going to pull something out of your pack, via the hotkeys, there should be a time penalty, You shouldn't be able to produce a magnum instantaneously and blow everyone's head off, before they know what happened.

That's a good compromise, and definitely something to build on.

Yuurp.. this is a good idea.. it should take a little longer to access backpack equipment also to put emphasis on this idea