Sign in to follow this  
Shacks

Stuffed?

I am yellow stuffed and I have orange thirsty and hungry. I can drink a little and eat a can of food. At that point I am still not energized nor hydrated, but not hungry or thirsty for about 5 minutes, however I get orange stuffed. Then after 5 minutes I sometimes am orange stuffed or yellow stuffed, but I am back to yellow hungry and thirsty at least.

I feel like the eating is all out of control now. I have even tried eating a little at a time and not "eat all" and do the same with drinking.

Anyone having this problem?

WALK around, (stop running and sprinting) you get less dehydrated and burn less calories walking.  Sit down, read a book or something, if you're not as active your 'stuffed' will drop faster than your hunger/thirst.  Be very careful with what you eat too, and as you say, unless your hungry and not stuffed don't eat all, a bag of rice will probably stuff you and make you thirsty.  Unless you're dying of hunger/thirst and still stuffed, don't eat anything till stuffed disappears from your status.

• Like 2

I will be in a house searching and it will stay stuffed and my hunger and thirst will drop. No matter what it is staying at at least yellow stuffed. I am not playing this to stand still.

Second thread like this popping up, cannot be coincidence.

I've read that they fixed a bug, that completely fucks up the statuses. Maybe they didn't entirely fix it?

They nerfed the regenaration. You get stuffed faster now so you need to be careful how you spend your calories.

That is all well and good, but them making you get stuffed faster does not explain it never going away. It was just fine before, why screw with it? Were players asking to get stuffed faster? This game has a hard enough time staying a live. Now I have to be on the brink of starving before eating just so I don't vomit it all up?

Second thread like this popping up, cannot be coincidence.

I've read that they fixed a bug, that completely fucks up the statuses. Maybe they didn't entirely fix it?

Or "fixing it" actually made it worse. A code someplace got fucked. This should still be on experimental. 

This has NOTHING to do with running around.  This just happened this patch.  I was a fresh spawn went to a well and drunk and got stuffed after drinking the first time.  I still wasn't hydrated.  We had multiple people in Teamspeak that had the same issue and they were throwing up from getting stuffed really quickly.

• Like 1

Previous patch it was as if our characters each had a black hole in their stomachs, 1l water won't even make the 'thirsty' go away, really?

This patch our stomachs are the size of a meatball, two swigs from a well and I'm stuffed.

Strange...I restarted after the patch to get things going.  I did get stuffed quicker than normal but I did what I said.  Took it slow, walked instead of sprinted, went away after a little bit, ate and drank a bit more, waited for it to go away, rinse, repeat.  When I last logged out I was up to Dark Green on Hydration and Energy with no stuffed.

WALK around, (stop running and sprinting) you get less dehydrated and burn less calories walking.  Sit down, read a book or something, if you're not as active your 'stuffed' will drop faster than your hunger/thirst.  Be very careful with what you eat too, and as you say, unless your hungry and not stuffed don't eat all, a bag of rice will probably stuff you and make you thirsty.  Unless you're dying of hunger/thirst and still stuffed, don't eat anything till stuffed disappears from your status.

Well, actually... Unless it was changed in a recent update, you burn the same amount of energy and water no matter what speed you travel at.

I have this same issue right now. Yellow hungry, thirsty and stuffed. If I eat or drink anything I become red stuffed and throw up. I feel like my character has developed bulima.

Ok I know that they messed up the stomach values last patch, but this is getting ridiculous - my thirst level is dropping faster than my stomach is able to process it. I tried vomiting and then drinking just water (because I sometimes manage to get energized).

Is there any solution to this, or is this character of mine bound never to be energized/hydrated?

Edited by Infiltrator

I don't have too much of a problem with this to be honest, I try and eat things like peaches, tuna/sardines and spaghetti as they hydrate and energize you. If that's not possible then just eating little bits often is how I do it, you probably know already but you have three stages of stuffed (light, heavy and vomit inducing) so you can actually fit quite a bit in.

At least you arn't These all at once.

HOT

STUFFED

WET

&

Hungry

Gets extremely awkward and slightly kinky especially when playing a female character...... XD

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

I don't have too much of a problem with this to be honest, I try and eat things like peaches, tuna/sardines and spaghetti as they hydrate and energize you. If that's not possible then just eating little bits often is how I do it, you probably know already but you have three stages of stuffed (light, heavy and vomit inducing) so you can actually fit quite a bit in.

Yes, try to stick to foods with a high moisture content.

Don't 'eat all', just eat, or just drink. Works for me. I did the eat all and drink all and I had similar problems as you are posting.

You do realize that that is eminently possible in real life? 

If you drink a whole bunch of water all at once, your stomach will be full, but you won't be hydrated. Same thing with food: eat a whole bunch of food at once, and your stomach will be full (and therefore, you won't be hungry), but you won't be energized until you actually metabolize the food/water.

As for in Day Z, try sitting down, in some shade, and drinking the water slowly. Same thing with food. That way, you process/metabolize the food/water, and don't get "stuffed". By jogging/running, you are heating up and "using" water faster.

All of this IS a bug, but in my opinion, a pretty awesome one. More realistic that eating a pound of rice and a liter of water then sprinting around, anyways.

More realistic that eating a pound of rice and a liter of water then sprinting around, anyways.

^True^

Plenty of good advice here.  One more thing to know would be to always use a container instead of drinking directly from a well.  If you run straight to a well as a fresh spawn and drink twice, it may take you a couple hours to get fully bright green hydrated and energized. I drink all of my canteen to stay fully hydrated; once you show thirst it is best to spread it out and drink less, but more often.  Don't forget to honor the zucchini gods as often as the opportunity presents itself.