Sign in to follow this  
saint tyrone leroy smith

Singleplayer mode on dayz?

Singleplayer? With friends? Isn't that a contradiction?

And no, no single player DayZ. Evarrrr!!

if you just want to play witht a few friends, chip in and rent a private server or preferrably, find one thats usually empty and play there.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Eventually there might be a single player for DayZ, once we get mods, as there's been single player itterations of the DayZ mod since it came out. (Called Daizy, to not get it confused with the online mod.)

Singleplayer? With friends? Isn't that a contradiction?

And no, no single player DayZ. Evarrrr!!

if you just want to play witht a few friends, chip in and rent a private server or preferrably, find one thats usually empty and play there.  :thumbsup:

How about one where your progress saves? Like if you make a camp or something, that sort of thing.

How about one where your progress saves? Like if you make a camp or something, that sort of thing.

That will be in the final game. They're still working on persistence, but things are screwy at best for now.

Just like unturned, wouldn't it be better if dayz had a singeplayer mode now that there's tents and other things you could use in your own world with friends?

take creature's advise.

If you are looking for some laidback gameplay, find a private, open server, that has a good 1-2 players on it always. No more.

I would like to see a standalone storyline.  If done, there will be others who would make mods and add-on type stories you could download too.  That always happens.

I know it is a lot early to talk about campaign mode in single-player, but I've always wondered. You bought game. You get to play only Multiplayer. While Arma 3 was in Early stages, I got in for Alpha testing and they had MP and few showcases only. I am kinda wondering what will happen to DayZ? I mean, when we release game, we shouldnt have MP only, there is entertainment in campaign also! :D

So my thoughts about this topic are : 

- Will there be Singleplayer?

- Will there be Campaign missions like Arma 3 has? If yes, I wonder how will they look like? Who will be main character? What will story be about? :D

Post what you guys think!

• Like 1

Sometimes I like to be a "survivalist" and just camp, hunt and survive.

Can't survive because of l33t scout snipers on multiplayer.

Can't camp for same reason, or hunt even.

And private servers get wiped as well. And the alpha where were supposed to test things, kinda hard to do when you get shot every minute. Can't find bugs if you don't live long enough.

Look, single player is NOT going to physically hurt any of you. Its not gonna crash your computer because it merely exist. So stop complaining about how people keep asking for it, if you don't want single player simply font play single player. It being in the game isn't gonna affect any of you

• Like 1

Probably just be released as a MP, but I hope modders are able to do SP campaigns, that would be sweet.Story lines would be endless.

• Like 1

Probably just be released as a MP, but I hope modders are able to do SP campaigns, that would be sweet.Story lines would be endless.

It would be awesome to have built-in campaign with awesome story. Imagine something like the Last of Us or story like that.

"This is DayZ. This is your story"

There won't be a campaign for DayZ as it's support to be player-created only and Multiplayer only. That is the idea of the game/simulation. The story is ment to be created by the player, and the player only. There will probably not be a back story created by the devs either, or a main objective that you are suppose to complete to finish the game. The only thing you have is to survive as long as possible.

• Like 1

Hello there

I too am a lover of the SP experience.

As long as one's SP character cannot attach itself to the online hive then I see no issue, even though many find the idea "boring"

But, dont expect it to come from anyone other than modders at this stage.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 2

Some things are better off without it. I'm looking at you, Battlefield..

(I'm sure modders will probably make a nice little story or something, though.)

Edited by Geckofrog7

Some things are better off without it. I'm looking at you, Battlefield..

(I'm sure modders will probably make a nice little story or something, though.)

So true imagine how much more content the game could have had without a SP campaign.

I believe the same applies to Arma too, there is really no need for a SP campaign especially when the vast majority does not even try it at all.

I know it is a lot early to talk about campaign mode in single-player, but I've always wondered. You bought game. You get to play only Multiplayer. While Arma 3 was in Early stages, I got in for Alpha testing and they had MP and few showcases only. I am kinda wondering what will happen to DayZ? I mean, when we release game, we shouldnt have MP only, there is entertainment in campaign also! :D

So my thoughts about this topic are : 

- Will there be Singleplayer?

- Will there be Campaign missions like Arma 3 has? If yes, I wonder how will they look like? Who will be main character? What will story be about? :D

Post what you guys think!

merged

Rent your own, private server. Write a compelling story. Build a mod. Announce on Reddit. Get ridiculed for your efforts!

Enjoy ...

So true imagine how much more content the game could have had without a SP campaign.

I believe the same applies to Arma too, there is really no need for a SP campaign especially when the vast majority does not even try it at all.

I've played ARMA 2 and 3 and as far as I can say, SP was much better than MP. They got a little better MP in Arma III with that roleplay, but still, I'd rather play SP.