SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

At the land of Chernarus, landworms weight 250g

• Like 4

Give Eugen a bit of time. The attatchments have been renamed internally over the last iterations, they might be there, the game just can't find it's models.

I assume he will be replacing the  old attachment names with the new ones at the DB.. I am not sure if it would restore the ones who logged in or not though.

Edited by Yazar8

When I logged on it threw my secondary range weapon that I was carrying in my hands down and now it is just floating in the tree texture and is unable to be picked up. This happened for me and one other mate that I am with in the group.

4-8 FPS few seconds after logging on a server. Congrats for destroying the game.

Having same problem here, don't know what's causing it :/

Give Eugen a bit of time. The attatchments have been renamed internally over the last iterations, they might be there, the game just can't find it's models.

I wish devs were allowed to call people "fucking babies". Do me a favour, guys. When you catch me being a fucking baby, don't hold back, let me know about it.

• Like 12

4-8 FPS few seconds after logging on a server. Congrats for destroying the game.

Having same problem here, don't know what's causing it :/

Remove your legacy launch parameters.

• Like 6

Was there going to be a reset of Private Hives? Just logged into our private hive servers and my character has been reset.

I confirm fps boost in Cherno, but my AKM now nude  >:( Thx for saving mags at least.

Was there going to be a reset of Private Hives? Just logged into our private hive servers and my character has been reset.

My character on private reset too

Yup, the new file and item names are for example att_compensator instead of attachment_compensator.

I assume he will be replacing the  old attachment names with the new ones at the DB.. I am not sure if it would restore the ones who logged in or not though.

They got changed in the files and hive DB.

When I logged on it threw my secondary range weapon that I was carrying in my hands down and now it is just floating in the tree texture and is unable to be picked up. This happened for me and one other mate that I am with in the group.

Old bug since Operation Flashpoint days, just chop down the tree and you should be fine.

• Like 2

Is this with the attachements or just the vest?

The vest takes 2x3 (6 total space). Didn't find the pistol holster to attach to it.

1zdafqp.jpg

Took a quick run through after the update and I liked the ambient bugs and sounds.   I found a bipod in a civ house, hunting knife in a civ truck, sunglasses in a jeep and the new modeled compass (which was aligned correctly) also in a jeep.  Found 2 plate carriers by the big mil trucks, one pristine, one damaged, they dont seem to have any slot capacity and they appear at the top of your inventory like boots sometimes do.   Also found a V3S in Stary Yar, they were always supposed to spawn up there but never actually did.   Last I crafted an improvised silencer but it crafted into damaged condition and wouldnt attach to my Blazer, dont know if that was from condiiton or from attempting to attach it to the wrong type of gun ... maybe I'll go looking for Sporter.  

What are the legacy start up commands, is there specific ones that still work well, like the winxp?

Or are they all legacy commands and need to be removed?

What are the legacy start up commands, is there specific ones that still work well, like the winxp?

Or are they all legacy commands and need to be removed?

All of them.

Were there any changes to the Assault weapons? My Ak47 had a buttstock and arm guard when I logged off last night. They both were removed when I logged on after I installed that patch. It could be worse, but kind of annoying cause I'm all the way up north past the Airfield now and almost no where to get new parts except a few places :D

Old bug since Operation Flashpoint days, just chop down the tree and you should be fine.

You are aces mate!!

Are people really complaining about weapon degredation ? weapons are barely used in this game and getting your weapon ruined will probably take afew more shots .

Hmm. Unexpected private hive reset? My private hive characters seem to have been reset.

Also, during experimental I had the new UI, and didn't get any problems, frame drops or other issues some players mentioned, but since I switched to stable, it seems it's the old UI that came back. And I didn't do the -oldui thing Hicks mentioned, or changing the old launch parameters in Steam like he showed, since I didn't get any problem. Why is that?

Hmm. Unexpected private hive reset? My private hive characters seem to have been reset.

Also, during experimental I had the new UI, and didn't get any problems, frame drops or other issues some players mentioned, but since I switched to stable, it seems it's the old UI that came back. And I didn't do the -oldui thing Hicks mentioned, or changing the old launch parameters in Steam like he showed, since I didn't get any problem. Why is that?

New UI didn't make it in due to reports of FPS issues.

• Like 2

Yes this. Tested on just one server, could be when someone joins, not sure. FPS drops to 5-8fps and graphics are all set to very low during that time. Last for about 2mn then back to normal.

DayZ%202015-02-25%2019-10-59-37.jpg

Edited by zeroy99

Same here old UI even with no startup parameters.

Same here old UI even with no startup parameters.

New UI didn't make it in due to reports of FPS issues.

Just like Smash said:

Yes this. Tested on just one server, could be when someone joins, not sure. FPS drops to 5-8fps and graphics are all set to very low during that time. Last for about 2mn then back to normal.

Please remove ALL of your old Steam launch parameters if you haven't already done so.

• Like 1

I still get those FPS crashes. Also they are recurring. I can remove them with -flush but they keep coming back. My hypothetis is that the memory on some vidcards doesnt get dumped. The only fix for the FPS issues for me is either -flush or changing the max video memory used by the game.

The guy in my crew with the best GFX card had the FPS way later than anyone else.

Is persistence still going to be wiped weekly? This kind of thing impacts gameplay pretty significantly - can I store it? Or do I have to make sure I'm only gathering what I can carry? So, I know there have been some adjustments to the loot economy and loot spawning. There was a mention of mandating persistence across all servers in this patch, has that changed?

• Like 1