Sign in to follow this  
Wookieenoob

make walking more attractive

right now the only way anyone moves is as fast as they possibly can.

why not offer obvious resource/energy-conservation and a "run" walk (just a walk with larger strides) to encourage people to walk everywhere, rather than sprint.

i also think ghillie suit-users should be forced into walking to keep cool (rather than the current forced into swimming malarchy)

• Like 1

right now the only way anyone moves is as fast as they possibly can.

why not offer obvious resource/energy-conservation and a "run" walk (just a walk with larger strides) to encourage people to walk everywhere, rather than sprint.

i also think ghillie suit-users should be forced into walking to keep cool (rather than the current forced into swimming malarchy)

I don't have a problem with running everywhere...

Having sprinting last only a few seconds, in reality max sprint time is about 30 seconds.

Jogging should be quite sustainable if you have minimal gear, walking should be pretty much 100% sustainable, you stay at an optimum temperature if it isn't too cold, use minimal food and water, maintain a pretty good speed and can carry even quite a bit of gear around at a relatively similar speed while keeping yourself in pretty good shape.

Only the lightly equipped can move around by jogging without having to constantly cool off and re-hydrate. If you're planning on being a camping sniper you'll probably also have warm clothes, making overheating a big problem. 

In essence this will provide a good incentive to ditch gear you don't need very fast, or create tent camps as well as thinking very carefully about what sort of setup you're going for slow camper, or fast looter.

I walk quite a bit and when the stealth mechanic is finaly added, walking will become even more attaractive.

Having sprinting last only a few seconds, in reality max sprint time is about 30 seconds.

Jogging should be quite sustainable if you have minimal gear, walking should be pretty much 100% sustainable, you stay at an optimum temperature if it isn't too cold, use minimal food and water, maintain a pretty good speed and can carry even quite a bit of gear around at a relatively similar speed while keeping yourself in pretty good shape.

Only the lightly equipped can move around by jogging without having to constantly cool off and re-hydrate. If you're planning on being a camping sniper you'll probably also have warm clothes, making overheating a big problem. 

In essence this will provide a good incentive to ditch gear you don't need very fast, or create tent camps as well as thinking very carefully about what sort of setup you're going for slow camper, or fast looter.

the problem with the idea that i cant move fast in ghillie is i can just get soaked through and use my heating up to dry me rather than taking overheating damage and needing to cool by removing clothes.

the problem with the idea that i cant move fast in ghillie is i can just get soaked through and use my heating up to dry me rather than taking overheating damage and needing to cool by removing clothes.

That's not a problem at all.