Kiwizi

Big Military Tent DayZ Standalone

Hey team I recently scored a military tent and are curious as to how I can keep the tent without losing it on updates and server restarts, I want to know if there are certain servers were the tent will remain there on restarts. I have only had DayZ for 38 hours and are oblivious as to how I can protect my tent. I was told if I place it on a persistence:ON server that it will remain there indefinitely, is this true? Cheers for any feedback guys!

Correct, a tent will only survive a reset on a persistence on sever.  However, all DayZ SA servers have a weekly maintenance every Wednesday morning (I forget the exact time now but it's something like 7am UK time and lasts about 3 hours) and EVERYTHING not in a player's inventory will get wiped at this time, including deployed tents and their contents.

So you can leave your military tent hidden away until Wednesday morning.  Bear in mind that the maintenance might start earlier than you think, or that your persistence on server where you stored your tent might be offline, so it's better to pack up sometime on Tuesday.

Two final things.  As you have probably realised, the military tent is so big you can only carry it in place of a backpack - so most people don't actually bother with them as they are just not practical yet.  The other thing is that they are so big that they are very difficult to hide well, certainly compared to regular tents.  If someone finds your tent they can take the contents and even the tent itself. 

In my opinion, the military tents are not very practical at the moment.

Edited by krazypenguin

Cheers dude Awesome reply, what time would that be for me in New Zealand/Australia? I'm not sure of the time zones so I'd hate to lost it a day in advance. Any suggestions of a good way to stash extra loot?

I would always find the time zone in this steam link. I'm not 100% sure that the maintenance is still at 6:00 GMT but i see it was last updated 9 days ago so it should still be. There is a little link at the bottom that will convert the time for you , So you know what time it starts on your time. Hope it helps.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/558747288200188389/

I'm shit at conversion, can you work out the time in New Zealand the wipe will be? Cheers

I'm shit at conversion, can you work out the time in New Zealand the wipe will be? Cheers

Every Wednesday night mate. In Australia it usually kicks in around 4 or 5 which would be about 6 or 7 for you depeding on DLS and can last anywhere from a couple of hours to all night. 

Cheers dude, I'm trying to think of a better way because I have to drop all my stuff every week so I end up back at square 1

Get rid of it :  Its a lot more trouble than it is useful, and a quick look inside the trading post will show u that nobody really wants one. Even the normal tent is hard to use. Right now, tents are basicly only good for some cool screen shots. Having to pick it up every Wednesday will result in you having to place everything that was inside the tent, inside your inventory somehow, forcing you to drop stuff anyway. If you want to store stuff for long periods of time there is only one sure way : use a mule account or account(s)...

And even then that is quite stupid seeing as public characters get wiped regulary in alpha, and private servers go down permanently or get wiped all the time as well.

My advice : get a firearm, put the tent in a military location and find a good hidden spot with a clear shot, and then wait for greedy server hoppers to come check it out. As they are trying to find a way to put it in their inventory or play around with it, you can shoot them and take their military gear and have some laughs.

Edited by nillie