LostDaemon

New Dayz 3D map

Important update!: now the map process is not using CPU resources while stay in background. That means you can launch DayZ and map together(for ex. on the second monitor)- map will not affect DayZ performance

Edited by LostDaemon
  • Like 1

any chance it will be optimized for smaller type devices? If not now.

Yes, in future i plan to make a "light version" for IOS, android and (maybe) WP8

Now it is only for PC users

Every natural water source, from all known lakes to smallest unknown forest puddle, now highlighted by markers on Dayz 3D map. This markers is hidden by default and should be switched on in "Filters" window ("F"-key).
1908293_335843486605249_2715074225059285

Also a boat markers has been added:

11025165_335843483271916_683640706554353

Edited by LostDaemon

That is Awesome Man, keep on it :D Very small Markers would be awesome

wtf is wrong with .ru man, so you think .com's are not from outside usa, huh ? :D

It uses Unity engine so it is okay

Edited by yimmasabi

Would be great if we could get a "group function". Let's say register and then invite people to a group and share markings on the map.

Also I would appreciate "buildings" instead of bars, but I think you are already working on that.

Great map! Keep it up !

Failed to install Unity3D player plugin. Try to install manually from the official site

Install a plugin from a *.ru address? Recommmended by a poster with 1 posting?

Yeah, I'm not doing that. 

Unity is not a .ru website, so calm down :)

Its a well renowned web plugin, used by millions of people around the world. You can Safely install Unity.

@OP

This is really nice, one of the best maps ive seen so far tbh.

Keep up the good work and you will soon make Isurvive, DayZDB and other maps obsolete :)

Would be great if we could get a "group function". Let's say register and then invite people to a group and share markings on the map.

Also I would appreciate "buildings" instead of bars, but I think you are already working on that.

Great map! Keep it up !

Groups are in nearests plans. After registration you will have an ability to invite friends and share your markers, routes, messages and images between them. Early tests of this functionality will begun in 1.5-2 weeks

As for 3d buildings- too much people's want to see them on map, so I started working on modeling three days ago.

Edited by LostDaemon

Update!: First 3d buildings, navigation grid, new loot markers and emprooved navigation.

11035693_336883579834573_14186758238895710857310_336883826501215_298462356719234

Edited by LostDaemon
  • Like 1

Ohh man, great work!

Got another idea when you have finished your project :)

Make it available as a offline programm and save your own "customised" map ( with position names etc ) :)

Its crazy to see how much time and effort people put in to things like this when the game is still in alpha. Goes to show how much of a fanbase dayz has! Great stuff!

Ok, let's see what gets out of Alpha first: the map, or the game! :D Seriously though, awesome job! On the 3D modelling, too! For your first crack at 3D modelling, you did a great job at making the buildings look as they do in-game. Another reason I like this is that, with other maps, such as the one at DAYZDB, you can't really tell if there is a hill or a valley in certain areas, until you physically go there in-game; with this, you can see if certain areas have good elevated positions for things such as over-watch and stuff, before you get there in-game, allowing you to plan out strategies well in advance. Now if you could only make it so you could track players in real time on the map a la a GPS system of some sort! :D Just kidding of course. Keep on it! Can't wait to see this further along!

Norton says its safe for now...

LOL I wouldn't trust ANYTHING Norton tells me, personally. I've got a rather good antivirus setup and no bells or red flags are going off (knock on wood). I think it's ok.