LostDaemon

New Dayz 3D map

New interactive DayZ SA 3D Map was recently alpha-released.

Development still in progress, but now map contains up to date headmap and more than 10000 markers (loot, water pumps, heli crash sites, abandoned cars, deer stands etc).

Also some measurement tools are avaliable.

English localization was added recently. (Language switcher is on upright corner of the map)

3D Map: http://dayz3dmap.ru

Youtube video

10974502_334048923451372_536879395557589

Please, check it out and send any feedback or suggestions to https://www.facebook.com/pages/DayZ-3D-Map/327959234060341

Thank you! and sorry for my english =)

P.S. Unity3D engine is required. It should be installed automatically during first launch,

P.S.S. its not a spam - its absolutely free enthusiasts project.

Edited by LostDaemon
  • Like 12

Nice, it's interesting to see the elevation changes (hold down right-click to fly around).  Plugin worked on Firefox, but on chrome and IE it looked empty with some blue markers

... Plugin worked on Firefox, but on chrome and IE it looked empty with some blue markers

Hm, works correct for me both in Chrome and IE. Can u post a screenshot of this problem pls?

Failed to install Unity3D player plugin. Try to install manually from the official site

Install a plugin from a *.ru address? Recommmended by a poster with 1 posting?

Yeah, I'm not doing that. 

As you wish) I have no other way to say about you have no unity3d web player installed) find it youself in google and install if you dont trust me and my links)

Hm, works correct for me both in Chrome and IE. Can u post a screenshot of this problem pls?

Chrome version: 39.0.2171.99

Russia-icon.png

Не удалось отобразить 3D контент :'(

Возможные причины:

• Не удалось установить плагин Unity3D player. попробуйте установить его самостоятельно с официального сайта
  • Вы используете устаревший браузер
  • Настройки браузера запрещают исполнение скриптов и сценариев на странице.
  • Настройки Proxy-соединения (если таковое используется) может блокировать работу скриптов
  • Пожалуйста, отправьте мне описание проблемы на dev@dayz3dmap.ru 

United-Kingdom-icon.png Unable to display 3D content: :'(

Possible reasons:

• Failed to install Unity3D player plugin. Try to install manually from theofficial site
  • You are using an outdated browser
  • Browser settings prohibit script execution.
  • roxy-Connection settings (if used) can block the operation of scripts
  • Send your problem description on dev@dayz3dmap.ru

IE rendered correctly now and chrome worked also after disabling adblock, my bad.

edit*   adblock and (strangely) hiding my bookmark bar then re-enabling my bookmark bar.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

IE rendered correctly now and chrome worked also after disabling adblock, my bad.

edit*   adblock and (strangely) hiding my bookmark bar then re-enabling my bookmark bar.

Thank's for info about adblock. Ill append this to troubleshoot recomendations.

Edited by LostDaemon

Nice work done there, kudos to that.

I kinda cringe that very bad players need even more clutches navigating around the map. How lazy do you have to be?

Nice work done there, kudos to that.

I kinda cringe that very bad players need even more clutches navigating around the map. How lazy do you have to be?

(Sorry, if not completely understood your question)

Мap still in development. Actually, right now i working on compass and on "share coordinates" system.

Also i have an information about hundreds of thousands objects on the Chernarus_plus map. Most of this objects are useless for map but others is very usefull for navigation and sooner or later, most of them will be shown on the map.

Edited by LostDaemon

(Sorry, if not completely understood your question)

Мap still in development. Actually, right now i working on compass and on "share coordinates" system.

Also i have an information about hundreds of thousands objects on the Chernarus_plus map. Most of this objects are useless for map but others is very usefull for navigation and sooner or later, most of them will be shown on the map.

It'd be kinda cool if you could place the Novo Tower as a marker for the town, the Cherno Hotel etc but I guess not enough towns have unique buildings that define them - hopefully this will change. Nice map. :)

It'd be kinda cool if you could place the Novo Tower as a marker for the town, the Cherno Hotel etc but I guess not enough towns have unique buildings that define them - hopefully this will change. Nice map. :)

Actually, Im going to put very light 3d models of buildings and constructions, but it will take some time.

• Like 1

Looks awesome! Although I'm personally not very fond of having to install additional plugins for a website. But not much to do about that at this point in the project I guess.

I'd recommend checking out threejs.org. It's a native WebGL framework that doesn't require extra plugins like unity does.

Either way, kudos for the project so far!

Edit: double post. Silly phone website acting weird

Edited by liscion

Looks awesome! Although I'm personally not very fond of having to install additional plugins for a website. But not much to do about that at this point in the project I guess.

I'd recommend checking out threejs.org. It's a native WebGL framework that doesn't require extra plugins like unity does.

Either way, kudos for the project so far!

Thank you!

Shure, plugin is disadvantage in therm of installation but:

1) System resources, allocated to WebGL, limited by browser

2) WebGL is a 3d visualisaition technology, not an 3d engine and everything shoud be created from scratch.

3 D engine allows you to skip tons of workarounds  on "negilible" tasks and saves a lot of time.

3) I have an experience in Unity3d so i chose this technology.

4) Web GL have platform and browser version limitations. Unity 3d is almost have not -  its anough to download unity web player for your platform (except mobile - its another story).  

5) In futher i going to compile map for IOS, WP8(?) and Android its very easy in Unity.

6) According to dayz3dmap.ru web statistics, more than 65% of  users  have alredy Unity Web Player installed on their systems others install it when visiting my map, and only 10%  refuse to install it or cant install it by some technical reasons.

Edited by LostDaemon

The other disadvantage is some use very small end tablets, phones, laptops and if maps like izurvive.com and this one is very demanding it is very difficult to move around.

Great job thou, I like a lot

• Like 1

4040 ashwood trees markers has been added! So total count of markers is more than 15000!

Ashwood markers a hidden by default (there too much of them). To show ashwood markers press "F" and switch Ashwood trees checkbox on.

10482243_334798476709750_551076197646944

Edited by LostDaemon
  • Like 1

New markers were added: Police stations, Fire Depots and Supermarkets!

10897009_334839000039031_176190973565950

• Like 1

Awesome stuff! i forever wanted to know rarity of ashwood  on skalisty (srsly).

Edited by halp