marcelo7421

The Instruction at 0x00d1b2e2 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read

Yesterday i was fine playing dayz, but today i came home and it came up with this error, I've tried everything 

post-227060-0-49110400-1424396203_thumb.

• Like 1

EXP or Stable? I hear they each have their share of issues at the moment.

Edited by WilBischof

Both

By "trying everything" have you verified integrity of game cache, or reinstalled?

By "trying everything" have you verified integrity of game cache, or reinstalled?

Yes, yes i have, multiple times...

Please help me... :|

I have also tried verifying and switching to experimental, restarting steam, restarting comp. With my internet I cant re-install very easily. If someone has the same issue and could try that would be great :) otherwise maybe help from devs? The issue began today, haven't experienced it before.

I have also tried verifying and switching to experimental, restarting steam, restarting comp. With my internet I cant re-install very easily. If someone has the same issue and could try that would be great :) otherwise maybe help from devs? The issue began today, haven't experienced it before.

its so weird...

Yesterday i was fine playing dayz, but today i came home and it came up with this error, I've tried everything 

Same issue i was just playing dayz fine yesterday no problems. i also just update my nvidia drivers and intel drivers

same exact problem, yesterday game was fine. tried it this morning and get the same message:

the instruction at 0x00d1b2e2 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program

don't know what has happened, but hoping to get a response from the devs as this seems to be happening pretty commonly.

I have tried everything including uninstalling, re-downloading and installing. didn't make a difference.
I am running windows 8.1 if that helps at all.

post-227079-0-84550000-1424416762_thumb.

yep, same here ... posted it in a different thread, not realizing this one was present ...  but I'm getting the error as well, after complete uninstall, and reinstall.

ok i've found an fix (for me)

I reinstalled windows to factory just to see if it would work then. It did

next i installed the driver for my third monitor (USB - HDMI adaptor), the problem came back

uninstalled it then it started working again.

I'm thinking the issue is something to do with using 3 screens or a driver that is screwing with your game.

Good luck guys!

Hey everyone. I had this exact same problem, i just made this account to respond to you guys.

dont know it this will work for you guys (im on win8.1) but i went to Steamapps,common,dayz and put Dayz into compatability mode for Windows 7.

Hoped this helped friends.

Just a thought, lots of fps optimization guides will have you change memory options in Steam launch parameters, so try removing all of your memory related launch params (uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't remove launch params because they are saved in Steam not Dayz).   Especially get rid of the "-winxp" parameter, I think it's obsolete since .53

• Like 1

*FIX* the error comes from a program called "DisplayLink" and update was released 2/18 which effects dayz so uninstalling or installing a earlier update should fix the problem.

heres the link:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

EDIT*

uninstalling has worked but when you download a earlier update it updates to the newest automaticly

Edited by scottyz
  • Like 2

I get this error message when loading DayZ also.

Tried:

- Restarting PC and Steam

- Spamming the DayZ game to see if it loads on off chance

- Verifiying cache on DayZ properties

- Completely remove GPU drivers and re-installing latest drivers

- Tried previous GPU drivers

- Fresh install of Steam and DayZ On SSD (not using backup)

- Fresh install of steam and DayZ On non-SSD HDD (not using backup)

- Removed individual ram sticks

- Reformatted windows

SCOTTYZ dude not only can you have my beans, you can take my AK, hunters bagpack and all my mountain dew! 

***FIXED*** THANK YOU!

Same problem for me, only since 0.54 update.

remove all launch parameters and try again

I think this crash is related to some modification in your cfg files... I crashed all morning but my squadmate didn't... They never changed their settings via notepad and stuff.

I erased every cfg file in my dayz file and restored it back launching the game... Haven't crashed in like 3h hour straight. (on the downside i lost the 20ish fps i won tweaking everything :( )