Sign in to follow this  
4brkfast

Chance pistols and long rifles spawn with empty magazine

I suggest this because I notice, this suggestion NOT including automatics of any kind, the guns that -are- used do not use magazines. IE, Mosin, Magnum, Shotgun, Blaze, Repeater, etc. There's lots of handguns to find. Magazines are too rare.

The only pistol I see used is the magnum.

I have never seen the new CR carbine(whatever it's called) used, why? The magazine is as hard to come by as the gun itself. People don't even bother carrying it most of the time.

So my suggestion is this.

Have pistols, like the 1911, CR75, etc etc spawn 50% of the time with an empty magazine. This would make the weapons viable while also retaining the use of the 'chamber round' function. The same for any long rifle or hunting that has a magazine.

The 22 Sporter would have a 50% chance to spawn with a 10 round magazine(empty of course)

The new CR carbine the same, half the time it spawns with an empty magazine.

Weapons like the AK varients, M4, whatever else, I understand why the magazines are kept in separate spawns. But for any hunting or long rifle, any pistols, give the players a chance to use them. You have to look high and low for a magazine and invariably your chances of finding a pistol and a mag that goes with it are very, very slim.

It's why they are not used, what's the point of keeping a 1911, for example, if you can never find a mag for it? Meanwhile the Magnum is as common as a shotgun or mosin, why? They don't use magazines, even if they are hard to find, players will keep and use them knowing that the ammo for it can be found and the gun usable. 

I can't remember the last time I saw anybody use any pistol(outside the Magnum) and I have never seen somebody using the CR carbine, the magazines are too rare.

I like the progress, I like the recent patches and additions of weapons and items. Keep up the good work. I make this suggestion because I want to see handgun fights! They should be as common as anything else and would add a new dynamic to the game that I would think was the original thought. After all, in a zombie apocalypse, would you really even think about separating your gun from the magazine it requires? It makes no sense, especially for common handguns and long hunting rifles. Even before the outbreak of zombies, why would a police officer, for example, not keep his magazines near his sidearm? A pistol and a mag should spawn together.

I hope this is understood, considered and addressed. NOT including the automatics, AK and friends, M4, Mp5, whatever else automatic, I hope giving handguns and long rifles the chance of spawning with an empty magazine is considered. In my humble opinion I would give handguns a 100% chance of spawning with an empty magazine and with a small chance(10-25%) that it has ammo in it, the same with any long rifle. The automatics I would keep as is.

This would add to the fun of the game. Currently handguns, outside the magnum, are simply not used. Not worth it, especially when eventually you'll find a gun that doesn't require a magazine to use. It's either that or a player must be determined to find an illusive magazine for a handgun that probably isn't affective enough to warrant the effort.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 4

That would make everything waaaay too easy.

How? If anything you'd be more likely to find a gun with no ammo than a gun with no clip. But that is certainly my opinion.

• Like 2

How? If anything you'd be more likely to find a gun with no ammo than a gun with no clip. But that is certainly my opinion.

Well I don't think those mags are that hard to find at all you just have to know where to look:  the piano house and junk pickup.   It's always got a sporter mag, speedloader, snaploader or even the 10 rd sks clips, mosin clip, cr carbine, they are all there.  I just now (not 10 minutes ago) picked up another sporter 10 round clip from the bed of a small pickup truck outside of my normal routes.    Everyone knows that military mags are in the barracks, that's a no brainer.  Another part of the game is knowing where to find the loot that *you need, right now*.   Those clips are out there in abundance, still finding the right one is a great thrill that would be lost if they just lined the coast with speedloaders.  Just my opinion.

Well I don't think those mags are that hard to find at all you just have to know where to look:  the piano house and junk pickup.   It's always got a sporter mag, speedloader, snaploader or even the 10 rd sks clips, mosin clip, cr carbine, they are all there.  I just now (not 10 minutes ago) picked up another sporter 10 round clip from the bed of a small pickup truck outside of my normal routes.    Everyone knows that military mags are in the barracks, that's a no brainer.  Another part of the game is knowing where to find the loot that *you need, right now*.   Those clips are out there in abundance, still finding the right one is a great thrill that would be lost if they just lined the coast with speedloaders.  Just my opinion.

Please tell me what server youre playing on because id love to know where to find a 1911 mag so quick

Please tell me what server youre playing on because id love to know where to find a 1911 mag so quick

I never mentioned 1911 mags.  OP had mentioned mosin, magnum, blaze, repeater, shotgun etc.  1911 mags I don't see many of, but I think they spawn near military installations and I avoid those hotspots that's why I don't see them often.  Makarov mags definitely spawn by the broken down tanks.   For the clips/accessories that OP mentioned get off the coast and go inland for better odds, hit 3 or 4 towns, visit the piano houses, every broken down small pickup you see along the way and even police stations, you'll find your clips.  

ARs would actually make the most sense spawning with magazines, or at least the ones that spawn in helicopter crashsites or whatnot.

I think all weapons should have a chance to spawn with a magazine loaded, with the exception of special magazines like the 40/60-round AR-15 ones or the 75 round AK drum; coupled with the vast majority of guns spawning without them.

For the love of God... Its called a magazine/mag! The SKS and Mosin take stripper clips, the M4, Dragunov, MP5 and pistols take magazines.

Sorry, I cried reading through this

• Like 1

Q7x5GXp.png?1

I actually find a regular google search of the dayz forum to be better than the site search.... but yeah, that.^

For the love of God... Its called a magazine/mag! The SKS and Mosin take stripper clips, the M4, Dragunov, MP5 and pistols take magazines.

So a Mosin should take clips that we magically don't need in DayZ?

Edit: Also, I've seen devs make the mistake of saying clip when you should say mag.

It does happen too often IMO.

Edited by BioHaze

That would make everything waaaay too easy.

except for the CR carbine

the mag for that is so rare

edit: clip/mag OCD

Edited by Wookieenoob
  • Like 1

So a Mosin should take clips that we magically don't need in DayZ?

Edit: Also, I've seen devs make the mistake of saying clip when you should say mag.

It does happen too often IMO.

Mosins can be used without one, as can the SKS. I never use the strippers for my Mosin. It makes reloading faster, and at some point should be added, as well as loading each individual SKS round

Mosins can be used without one, as can the SKS. I never use the strippers for my Mosin. It makes reloading faster, and at some point should be added, as well as loading each individual SKS round

sks would be way less OP if it just spawned less and reloads as you say

edit: yes i said op

Edited by Wookieenoob
  • Like 1

Once you get used to stripper clips, you'll never want to insert one at a time ever again.

Belzo2bl.jpg

• Like 1

I'm trying to find the post, I think it was Chris Torchia that mentioned that they will be able to not only spawn guns with magazines in them soon, but mixed modular bits like stocks and handguards.  Maybe it was a tweet?

Edited by SgtPotatoes

I have mixed feelings on this. Sure, guns with clips would be nice. The magazines can be a bit hard to find, but if you travel a lot and have a few servers you like you get by some. And then you don't want to lose them. So you go on, build a tent and a camp to keep your stuff safe + get dry. The game keeps growing like this and since the addition (and hotfix) of trucks, I really changed my playstyle a bit. With a truck and some time and some friends you find everything! Sure Dayz is not the game to jump into, find a gun and go blazing about. But once you made a camp, you get a backup and you have less to worry about. That doesn't make clips easier to find, but eventually you'll have lots of them lying around in your tents.

I've only had problems finding a truly persistent server first, but once that is settled and you get a truck to your camp, the loot starts stacking up.  

Once you get used to stripper clips, you'll never want to insert one at a time ever again.

Belzo2bl.jpg

What kind? Mines an M91/30 Ishvek made in 1943, has faded hash marks and CCCP prints on the stock. Barrel has factory accuracy print, has hammer and sickle wrapped in wheat clusters. Sexy rifle...

What kind? Mines an M91/30 Ishvek made in 1943, has faded hash marks and CCCP prints on the stock. Barrel has factory accuracy print, has hammer and sickle wrapped in wheat clusters. Sexy rifle...

Same as mine bud. Ishevsk '43 is about as common as mosins get. It's when they went into overdrive to produce more for the war effort.

• Like 1

This will come with the new loot system. Weapons will spawn with randomized attachments, so there is a chance to find an M1911 with magazine and ammo in it.

If I find the status report where they mentioned it I will edit my post later

I always find mags for a CR, Makarov, CR75 or Sporter in vehicle wrecks. You just have to stop looking in the obvious place. Try the vehicle junkyard near Chernaya and Berezino.