carefulbeef

Zastava M48

Cross-post with r/DayZ - these are some quick renders of my model of the Zastava [M]48. I thought I would share it since it's a geographically relevant gun, and one day we could potentially see a something like this in DayZ (I was informed by Gews that some early screenshots showed a Gewehr 98, which is very similar).

I modeled and textured it with Blender and carried out some texture painting edits with Gimp. I am not particularly knowledgeable on the subject matter, and getting access to reference images of a decent resolution from all angles was tricky, so it is clearly not perfect. Also, I didn't model the inner-workings of the weapon, as you can see from the first image.

PKs6iqG.png

znf2Mk1.png

vxUjOz3.png

FA2W9lR.png

Edited by carefulbeef
  • Like 1

That's some really nice work, looks like it'd fit right in with the others!

Cross-post with r/DayZ - these are some quick renders of my model of the Zastava [M]48. I thought I would share it since it's a geographically relevant gun, and one day we could potentially see a something like this in DayZ (I was informed by Gews that some early screenshots showed a Gewehr 98, which is very similar).

I modeled and textured it with Blender and carried out some texture painting edits with Gimp. I am not particularly knowledgeable on the subject matter, and getting access to reference images of a decent resolution from all angles was tricky, so it is clearly not perfect. Also, I didn't model the inner-workings of the weapon, as you can see from the first image.

Wow. Thats a great piece of work. Looks really awesome. How long dit it take you to model it and what techniques did you use (sculpting for example)?

Regards -> Agilov

7x57mm Mauser...new ammo is a pain. But this is a beautiful gun. Good job!!