Sign in to follow this  
gacsibeni

Burlap Sack Locations

Hello!
Currently I'm on a mission of trying to make a ghillie suit. However, I don't really know where to exactly look for burlap sacks. I've made my way from Cherno to Kamenka and north from there towards Zelenogorsk, only to find 1 burlap sack in the industrial shacks of these premises. Is it only me, or are Burlap sacks this hard to find, or is it just bad luck?

Where do you find your burlap sacks?

Thanks!

They can technically spawn in a lot of places but it feels to me like they are more common in out-buildings, like sheds, garages and small workshop type buildings.  Basically, any rural building that's not a house - places like these:

land_shed_wooden.jpg land_shed_w02.jpg  land_ind_workshop01_02.jpg land_shed_w01.jpg

The best way to find lots of them is to stop wanting them - then you'll find them everywhere... ;-)

Edited by krazypenguin
  • Like 2

As above but get off the beaten track. Your hitting all the major towns, everyone wants burlaps, so you have to go the towns less visited. I found 7 tonight in about an hour and half on full 50 pop server. 

Edited by NexVentor

Well, I'm gonna check it soon, but when I alt-tabbed out to see the replies I might have gotten rekt, because when I alt-tabbed back to the game I was unconscious, so now I have to get decked out first.
Damn.

Well, I'm gonna check it soon, but when I alt-tabbed out to see the replies I might have gotten rekt, because when I alt-tabbed back to the game I was unconscious, so now I have to get decked out first.

Damn.

This is exactly what I hate too! http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220686-multiple-monitors-issue/?p=2217555 Please stop game feed pausing when the DayZ game window is not active. Even if only the audio feed was maintained at least we could hear that we were being attacked and Alt back in.

They are hard enough to find. The other problem is anyone and everyone almost immediately picks them up when they see them. Burlap stips and protector cases are the going currency in DayZ. With those two items you can pretty much buy anything on the trading forums.

Almost all my chars ( 4 or 5 now ) have impro courier bags and several stripes of burlaps. I wish i could Transfer them between the chars :/

Besides the out buildings; check car wrecks. I seem to find them in Novo in the Wrecks quite frequently

• Like 1

When you want to find something common like burlap, try the places where everyone in the world isn't looking for them too.

30i9v6q.jpg

• Like 2

The medium sized gray shed usually has them I have a ghillie gun wrap now after looking in these always check rural towns were most people don't go like staroye and myskino.

The Novo car wreck hint is spot on. I immidiately found one on top of a red Skoda.
I have found 3 in a 1-hour session: I spawned in Svetlo, so I took it up north. I found one in one of the rural villages that have no POI buildings in it, in the medium sized garage-like barn. I found the second while going to Svero in a small industrial building. I will check out the inland villages that nobody gives a shit about now, and will report back. 
Writing this from the Steam browser with my mosin pointing at the door in order not to get fked again.

They can technically spawn in a lot of places but it feels to me like they are more common in out-buildings, like sheds, garages and small workshop type buildings.  Basically, any rural building that's not a house - places like these:

land_shed_wooden.jpg land_shed_w02.jpg  land_ind_workshop01_02.jpg land_shed_w01.jpg

The best way to find lots of them is to stop wanting them - then you'll find them everywhere... ;-)

I have also had luck finding them in barns a few times. There everywhere and no where lol

They can also often be found on the top floor of those 3 story town houses. This room with the shelves:

2h55kpc.jpg

It is also a great gun spawn location, and in my experience not a well known one, as I have often found guns up here when the rest of the town seems completely looted.

Edited by BadAsh

Go inside a Barn and hop servers :rolleyes: .

If you look in all the Barns on the pics you should need 2- 3 houres. Never took me longer to find all i need for Hood Wrap and Rag.

They are hard enough to find. The other problem is anyone and everyone almost immediately picks them up when they see them. Burlap stips and protector cases are the going currency in DayZ. With those two items you can pretty much buy anything on the trading forums.

How about a protector case filled with burlap strips? B) This is my new mission!

I find burlap sacks just about anywhere but the sheds are a likely source. Ghillie suit mission after next

When you want to find something common like burlap, try the places where everyone in the world isn't looking for them too.

If Mogli to Kozlovka is considered safely off the beaten path, then I've been playing way to conservatively.

If Mogli to Kozlovka is considered safely off the beaten path, then I've been playing way to conservatively.

Well, let's non-scientifically weight how likely you are to run into someone at each of those cities... all of those coastal towns I'd give a 5-10x more likelihood of someone hitting due to the PVP zerg fest going on between Elektro and Cherno (especially Elektro). Anyone who gets a spawn nearby there will hit those tiny coastal towns first before heading back into the PVP fray. I really don't think the average joe would spend the time to head inland first. Those towns I rarely see anyone, even on 35+ pop servers, I almost consider them safe.

Well, let's non-scientifically weight how likely you are to run into someone at each of those cities... all of those coastal towns I'd give a 5-10x more likelihood of someone hitting due to the PVP zerg fest going on between Elektro and Cherno (especially Elektro). Anyone who gets a spawn nearby there will hit those tiny coastal towns first before heading back into the PVP fray. I really don't think the average joe would spend the time to head inland first. Those towns I rarely see anyone, even on 35+ pop servers, I almost consider them safe.

I pretty much always head straight inland.  Hasn't been an issue for a while, I have magical trees full of pants and bullets, and I try not to die on Tuesdays.  I just always use extra care near those small town you mentioned, seems like a good place to do counter-banditry.

If you look in all the Barns on the pics you should need 2- 3 houres. Never took me longer to find all i need for Hood Wrap and Rag.

Really ?

No no... don't do that. Server hopping is gimp. N00b. Lame. Pleeb. Bambi play.

Really ?

Really, find 10 protector cases or 20 or so burlap sacks. People will trade you M4's Aug's and other stuff for that. They are hard to find and everyone wants them.

Really, find 10 protector cases or 20 or so burlap sacks. People will trade you M4's Aug's and other stuff for that. They are hard to find and everyone wants them.

No. Really in regards to server hopping! Just plain lame.

No. Really in regards to server hopping! Just plain lame.

I'm no server hopper.

The hopping thing was ironic......

And how would Server hopping for Burlaps work......cause i have no fraking idea. Ak ....sure!!! But Burlap Sacks......HOW????