Survivor1965

Meat. what does it say when its get cooked.

Hello,

I cooked some meat on the fire place and the meat whent from pristine to worn, dameged and badly dameged to ruined.
Is that what it sepose to say or its a bug.

And when is my meat cooked correctly to eat it.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/35237442865054770/C882D17E7B67024578FBA9A3FA83B74610E410C0/

ps. sorry for my incorrect english, but i hope you understand. ;)

Meat on open flame ie, directly on to fireplace, will always ruin meat.

I think the use of cooking utensils like a frying pan are now needed. Hopefully someone can confirm.

I'm wondering about this as well.

I can't put meat in a normal cooking pot, and using raw fire will ruin the meat. So I guess Fern is right. A frying pan is now required to cook (bake) raw meat?

Please confirm.

Meat on open flame ie, directly on to fireplace, will always ruin meat.

I think the use of cooking utensils like a frying pan are now needed. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Frying pan won't cook it for some reason, but cooking pots will work.

Frying pan won't cook it for some reason, but cooking pots will work.

With the cooking pot i get the same result as open fire.

Any kind of meat gets ruined within seconds. even when i put some water in the cookingpot first.

Din't try the frying pan tough.

I picked up a pristine frying pan the other day to test this out. And yes, you can build a proper fireplace (now requires five sticks btw), put the meat in the frying pan slots, put the frying pan on the fire. And it will do nothing. Instead the pan will stand vertically in the fire.

I guess you need to go through the palaver with the stones and building an oven - although the mechanics of how that will work with a frying pan instead of a cooking pot are a bit opaque...

Either way, am unimpressed with 0.53 cooking. It's more complicated and no better, but I guess is a WIP, etc.

• Like 6

With the cooking pot i get the same result as open fire.

Any kind of meat gets ruined within seconds. even when i put some water in the cookingpot first.

Din't try the frying pan tough.

shit, I forgot. You need a tripod. Or, you can get 8 stones.

It is all explained here

Use this procedure for all cooking methods

Edited by NexVentor
  • Like 2

Hello,

I cooked some meat on the fire place and the meat whent from pristine to worn, dameged and badly dameged to ruined.

Is that what it sepose to say or its a bug.

And when is my meat cooked correctly to eat it.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/35237442865054770/C882D17E7B67024578FBA9A3FA83B74610E410C0/

ps. sorry for my incorrect english, but i hope you understand. ;)

So with the new .53 stable update, you NEED a cooking tripod and a cooking pot to put on a fire before cooking.

Learn the new features of updates before playing, buddy.

~Mouse

It is all explained here

Use this procedure for all cooking methods

Thanks NexVentor.

Din't find this video.

Gonna try this right away.

• Like 2

So with the new .53 stable update, you NEED a cooking tripod and a cooking pot to put on a fire before cooking.

~Mouse

Sooooo Mouse.

Youre got a mental problem guy.

Instead of helping people out, you'll only fuck them.

• Like 1

Thanks NexVentor.

Din't find this video.
Gonna try this right away.

All good mate hope it helps, if there is anything you are unsure of just ask and subscribe if you like as there will be heaps more in the following patches.

Sooooo Mouse.

Instead of helping people out, you'll only fuck the

Just ignore people like that, they definitely have a mental problem.

• Like 2

Sooooo Mouse.

Instead of helping people out, you'll only fuck them.

I answered his question, solved his problem, and told him what not to do in the future to refrain from further problems. Now please explain to me how I "fucked him?"

dont want to break in (but I am, heh)

You can make a stone knife you can do almost anything with - just by rubbing 2 pebbles together (super-neolithic)

BUT - you need to build an oven to cook meat, which is like the dark ages, ya have to build half a settlement to EAT game ?  (I thought settlers and hunters were different KINDS of people?)

.. but  ..

what happened to campfires and barbeques ?  IRL Its EASY to roast meat over a few burning sticks. so why a frying pan? why a tripod? What happened to living in the bush ? (like real folk do, in the real world)

but BUT but mainly - what's going on with the camping gas? I'm illiterate and have no memory (I think) - so can someone tell me if I can cook with a frying pan on bottle-gas, please?

In real life, I'd be deeply ashamed to have to do this.. REALLY carry a frying pan and a camping gas setup.. ? jeeezzz .. ( I'm just gonna grow pumpkins is all, in the rain, and juggle my stone knives )

seriously - camping gas anyone ? tried it ?

xx pilgrim

ps - what happens if ya eat earthworms?     (99.95% pure protein, the food of the future)

Edited by pilgrim

I answered his question, solved his problem, and told him what not to do in the future to refrain from further problems. Now please explain to me how I "fucked him?"

Actually you came in after the question had already been answered with that video only to add your snide comment BUT ... I do think survivors post sounded a little over agressive but I think that was due to english not being his native language.

• Like 1

So what's the situation with camping gas bottles, and cooking on them ?

Any advice ?

I answered his question, solved his problem, and told him what not to do in the future to refrain from further problems.

I know right, it's almost as if people don't like being ridiculed simply for asking a question.

Any advice on bottle gas cookers with frying pans ?

• Like 1

Any advice on bottle gas cookers with frying pans ?

The frying pan is glitched at the moment but only with fish from what I have been told. I am trying to test this myself but for the love of god I cannot find a fry pan. The pot is fine to cook with as long as you follow my guide.

• Like 3

Hello there

@everyone.

1. Be nice to new or inexperienced players.

2. If you see someone being rude or un helpful in your eyes, simply report it to us, dont fight in the thread it derails it and makes the thread pointless.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

I answered his question, solved his problem, and told him what not to do in the future to refrain from further problems. Now please explain to me how I "fucked him?"

That mentality   :o As for your please explain...

Adding buddy on the end of something does not make it appear any more nicer, when a snide comment is made. If anything it is the complete opposite. A friendly point in the right direction is all that is needed, after all we are all new at some point in time. Snide comments really are not needed here. It always causes threads to derail and the valuable information harder to source. Its good you helped, but try being more courteous, it goes a long way for discussion.  

GaryWalnuts - no question should be ridiculed regardless of how silly it sounds to you or the next person. The only silly question is the one not getting asked. We all have lapses from time to time  :D

Also, where would be the fun, if I knew everything about this game? Some people enjoy getting lost and working things out for themselves and not reading every tid bit of info available. I would not have had half the fun if I did not discover things for myself tbh. I know OP was here asking for help, but it sounds like he is finding things on his own and got a little bit stuck and seeking help on the forums on this subject. A search probably would have sufficed but he is a new member, there not to all know. Besides dayz does not get any better when your thrust into the unknown and everything is unfamiliar.

This is dayz at its finest. 

Pilgrim, I am jumping on later. I will make an effort to come up with an answer for you although I have struggled finding fryers in a long time   :) I will keep you updated via a pm!

• Like 2

That mentality   :o As for your please explain...

A friendly point in the right direction is all that is needed

"You ate the cereal mom made you. Doesn't matter that the milk was a day old, you're full now".

Edited by therandomredstone

"You ate the cereal mom made you. Doesn't matter that the milk was a day old, you're full now".

You are well on your way to your last warning point, I suggest you listen to the Orlok and leave the topic now.

@Everyone else: On topic now, please.

• Like 4