Sign in to follow this  
404Cat

Insanely high loot (1000%) ... hacking or bugging?

Hey all. Here's the situation. I tend to try out lots of different public servers, because I like being alone for the most part, especially since the reset and I've had to start from the ground up. Usually I like under 5 people on the server. But that's irrelevant.

I tried about 5 servers today. I was on one seemingly normal server, when I ran into a military base in the woods and walked into a barracks - LOOT. Loot everywhere. 50 backpacks, 50 pairs of boots, 100 shirts/pants, helmets, ammo, guns (LOTS of guns), food, masks, melee weapons, basically everything one could want for. None of the heli crash stuff - like smersh vests, ammo boxes, M4A1, or any mags ... but "normal" loot in insanely high quantities.

Some local text chat spooked me so I left. I was worried that someone had hacked the server, and I did (unintentionally) steal someone's V3S as well, so I wanted to get out of there.

Some time later I joined an empty, quiet server to calm my nerves - and it was THE SAME THING. Loot everywhere. Barely able to walk through the barracks and prison halls. Absolute craziness. I basically stocked up on ammo, and the rest of it was stuff I didn't need - I have great clothing, backpack, weapons, etc. but it was certainly a wonderful sight.

1. Poll - HACKING or BUGGING? I am honestly not sure at this point. Having it twice in one day, on two different servers, has me wondering. 

2. Have you seen anything like this before? Reply and let me know!

Thanks! Hope I am not the only one experiencing this. 

See link below for example image - apparently it's from someone else's video when they had the same thing happen several months ago. 

http://goo.gl/3RbuU2

This is persistence bug we have been going through since I can remember in .51

Its a loot explosion we call it on our server. However I now have to wipe it constantly because it causes us to crash. The server will go down with 5 players. Now we have to run with persistence off, and the game runs so much better.

It can happen in random locations, like the one server I went to last night was in kambloblo and I found tons of netting and sacks, and 1 mp5 clip and 1 longrange scope the rest was junk loot other then peaches.

If it hit the vybor military base, I would be filled up with guns, ammo, camo and everything else in between.

In some cases I have seen hackers sit in loot explosions and wait out the un expected.

Or the jail in which you where in, has the odd glitches come rushing out on you. (hope they start fixing those bugs)

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

This is persistence bug we have been going through since I can remember in .51

Its a loot explosion we call it on our server. However I now have to wipe it constantly because it causes us to crash. The server will go down with 5 players. Now we have to run with persistence off, and the game runs so much better.

It can happen in random locations, like the one server I went to last night was in kambloblo and I found tons of netting and sacks, and 1 mp5 clip and 1 longrange scope the rest was junk loot other then peaches.

If it hit the vybor military base, I would be filled up with guns, ammo, camo and everything else in between.

In some cases I have seen hackers sit in loot explosions and wait out the un expected.

Or the jail in which you where in, has the odd glitches come rushing out on you. (hope they start fixing those bugs)

Don't worry. These issues have been filed on the tracker several times, so the devs have them in hand.

Don't worry. These issues have been filed on the tracker several times, so the devs have them in hand.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear it isn't anyone hacking. Still, I and many others understand that the game is in Alpha and we do not mind walking into loot explosions ... :) 

..//..

I did (unintentionally) steal someone's V3S as well, so I wanted to get out of there.

..//..

Weeel ..how did you do that ?

- "by mistake, or you didn't notice you'd done it" ?

(just in passing) - you ever heard of Jayne Cobb ?

Edited by pilgrim

Weeel ..how did you do that ?

- "by mistake, or you didn't notice you'd done it" ?

Well, I was with a friend approaching a military base in the middle of the woods. We had been searching for heli crashes/V3S just for kicks. Lo and behold - there was one parked outside a building in the base. We hopped in and gave it a spin! But a few things we realized ...

1. It had a good amount of fuel

2. The truck was not at a "spawn" location according to the map

3. A few guys on the server used the direct text chat (meaning they were in the area) and they did not seem happy

We did not know it was someone else's. We are hoping they found it down the road a bit, we didn't do anything but drive for about 1 minute then get out! (The servers reset today anyway)

Well, I was with a friend approaching a military base in the middle of the woods. We had been searching for heli crashes/V3S just for kicks. Lo and behold - there was one parked outside a building in the base. We hopped in and gave it a spin! But a few things we realized ...

1. It had a good amount of fuel

2. The truck was not at a "spawn" location according to the map

3. A few guys on the server used the direct text chat (meaning they were in the area) and they did not seem happy

We did not know it was someone else's. We are hoping they found it down the road a bit, we didn't do anything but drive for about 1 minute then get out! (The servers reset today anyway)

That's OK

I'm sure they'll be pleased and right friendly next time you meet up

xx