Sign in to follow this  
GregzTheGreat

What to expect from Prison Island?

At the moment, I am positioned far up north, so a trip to the prison building will have to wait for a while.

But at the same time, I am also on the fence whether a visit is worth my time or not.

What kind of loot can be expected to be found at the prison? I wouldn't want to spend hours making my way there only to find a few clothes and  the occasional box of pistol ammo.

I hear that it is overflowing with good gear. I would recommend collecting some heat packets and heating up tinned foods on a fire before swimming up.

Its over loaded with not a lot of gear, it has some guns and a few clips and the odd food, water piece.

Its overloaded with handcuffs and raincoats outside. If you want MP5's, AK's and the odd Orel uni then its worth going but expect you could be shot at any time.

I recommend trying it with 0/40-50 pop servers first.

Enjoy!

~swims away

It will fot the normal profile of a high tier loot area, only with the prison if your the first one present, you will have the jump on incoming looters as they say.  Plenty of locations to accidentally run into other players looting without knowing they are present.  That said as of present its growing in popularity strictly out of the loot some are gaining from going there and the fact its a new map element.  I've had some success but I did not spend much time there, if you go just be cognizant of other players within the walls.

Makes me nervous just being out there. Let alone the journey over. I've traveled over there (and back) twice now and each time, as I swim, I am just waiting for the bullet crack to split my head open. But Iv'e been lucky.

Once there, it's pot luck really. The repetitious nature of searching each cell becomes a little tiresome. There is a barracks building out back of the guard quarters located in the exercise yard. I have not found much there. 

As stated above, lots of Raincoats and Handcuffs in the prison.

So. If you like paranoia and feeling like you are being watched. If you like long, cold, nervous swims (don't go out on low pop servers....live a little), go for it! It's worth a look - even if it's just to see some new structures. 

Bring on the boats !!!!

Edited by Zeotrope

First visit was wow....the other 2 Times where books cuffs and knifes. So im looting dichina when im lookong for paranoia again.

I've been a couple of times now and every time I've been I've ran into someone. There's a lot of traffic there just now, mainly from server hoppers. You could sit scanning the island for 20minutes and see nothing and by the time you've swam over there could be a couple of guys running around that have logged in there. It's best to go in numbers, and it's best to go prepared (fireplace, etc).

I would recommend collecting some heat packets and heating up tinned foods on a fire before swimming up.

Heating items on the fire currently ruins them almost instantly, so I don't recommend that at all. It's also not long enough of a swim to warrant a personal heat source, just take matches with you to the island and dry off/warm up once you're there.

What kind of loot can be expected to be found at the prison?

For loot you can expect ruined gear on your lifeless corpse. It's very highly contested right now, and those who get there first often have long range scopes and pick you off as you try to swim over. It's still a location worth trying to check out though!

Our team stayed there for three days, what I found:

High chance to find:

MP5 (also magazines!)
AK-74, AKM, AKS-74u, etc (all AK types - also magazines!)
Handcuffs (swarming the cells)
OREL and Police clothing

Binoculairs, food (in the storages)
Everything you can find in barracks (there is 1 barrack building in the yard)

Good luck looting

BE AWARE: THERE IS NO WATER PUMP, and you will be soaked and cold when you get there so you need to make a fire -> that will make you dehydrated if you aren't hydrated well
SO LOOTING THE PLACE WITHOUT A WATER BOTTLE / CANTEEN IN YOUR INVENTORY
AND YOU REALIZE THAT THE STORAGE HAS BEEN LOOTED ALREADY (only source of water, the water bottles and canteens in the storages)

IS DEATH

Edited by EvilTigerAce
  • Like 1

It's a pretty big space.  Lots of floors and cells and courtyards where someone might hide.  But I did manage to come away with a fully loaded AK and pump action shotgun.  So I have that going for me.

Personally, I hope they make more little islands and add boats as vehicles

Edited by bfisher

It's good loot IMO, found a black high capacity vest in the barracks first time there, some AK74 and MP5 mags, and a couple pistol grip shotties.

Amazziinngg location to loot found aks all three and one of each ak mag mp5k two mags lots of food all oreal stuff and much more. Just be careful on high pop servers there usually people there waiting to kill.

BTW don't expect prison uniforms there not spawning not that I know of in stable(were in exp .52).

Our team stayed there for three days, what I found:

High chance to find:

MP5 (also magazines!)

AK-74, AKM, AKS-74u, etc (all AK types - also magazines!)

Handcuffs (swarming the cells)

OREL and Police clothing

Binoculairs, food (in the storages)

Everything you can find in barracks (there is 1 barrack building in the yard)

Good luck looting

BE AWARE: THERE IS NO WATER PUMP, and you will be soaked and cold when you get there so you need to make a fire -> that will make you dehydrated if you aren't hydrated well

SO LOOTING THE PLACE WITHOUT A WATER BOTTLE / CANTEEN IN YOUR INVENTORY

AND YOU REALIZE THAT THE STORAGE HAS BEEN LOOTED ALREADY (only source of water, the water bottles and canteens in the storages)

IS DEATH

^This

I made a trip there recently thinking I didn't need to prep before the journey, knowing that there was tons of loot.  This one time however the place was bled dry.  I was on the verge of hypothermia, starving, and dehydrated.  No food or water in sight.  Barely made it out alive.

• Like 1

I've been running around with a shotgun playing "Come And Get Your Love" over in game mic.  It's gone pretty well so far.  See you there!

I think I might do that with Jailhouse Rock or something :P