koffeekage

Expanded Craftable items

Seeing the devs even further develope the crafting in ways that the community would never have considered something that would show up in a game i post this as a way for users to show what sort of awesome craftable items and functions could be utilized in DayZ SA. My first idea is the alternative to the improvised pack using only a burlap sack an a single stick (IMAGE 1) this would be required to be carried in the hands.  another would be an improvised tent using some raincoats or leather, concept image # 2

post-221041-0-92993700-1423291469_thumb.

post-221041-0-23419500-1423291475_thumb.

Edited by koffeekage
  • Like 3

Good idea's.. I think the makeshift tent should need maybe 3 or 4 raincoats however :D

yeah and using sharpened sticks as pegs would be good too. instead of stones.

EXPLOSIVES; make a pipe bomb out of lead pipe and a full box shotgun shells using a hacksaw to cut the pipe and duct tape pliers to empty the shotshell contents and duct tape to seal and finish the item. this is great because currently the duct tape is good for nothing. i have no idea what to use as a fuse however and a zippo or butane lighter would be needed to be really effective. Obviously the molotov cocktail using rags and gasoline with the tincture bottle. This would require new types of fire animation for spilling burning gasoline and area fire and burning people(Screaming ALPHA).  

EXPLOSIVES; make a pipe bomb out of lead pipe and a full box shotgun shells using a hacksaw to cut the pipe and duct tape pliers to empty the shotshell contents and duct tape to seal and finish the item. this is great because currently the duct tape is good for nothing. i have no idea what to use as a fuse however and a zippo or butane lighter would be needed to be really effective. Obviously the molotov cocktail using rags and gasoline with the tincture bottle. This would require new types of fire animation for spilling burning gasoline and area fire and burning people(Screaming ALPHA).  

Duct tape can be used to patch raincoats, drybags, boots, etc. And you can now restrain people with it as well.

Duct tape can be used to patch raincoats, drybags, boots, etc. And you can now restrain people with it as well.

the restraint is good but the repair right now is very limited like taking something from damaged to worn for example. we will see more but for right now its not the greatest and theres nothing that requires duct tape.

With weapons now degrading a boresnake would be nice, crafted from rags + rope + wire.

Edited by Bruderlos
  • Like 1

crafting a "bipod" to increase weapon stability from 2 or 3 sticks or ashwood sticks and rope. access3.jpgShooting-Sticks.jpg

or by modifying the cooking tripod to make a standing shooting stick, cut the tripod shorter and add rope to secure rifle.

rssticks_012506a.jpg

• Like 2

Creating more useful stone tools like hammers (stone sticks and lashing)

560_grovaxe1.JPG

axes (napped stone using small stone sticks and lashing)

chaco-stone-axe-3-3797.jpg

Bola (rope and stones).

image_thumb77.png?imgmax=800

Edited by koffeekage

the restraint is good but the repair right now is very limited like taking something from damaged to worn for example. we will see more but for right now its not the greatest and theres nothing that requires duct tape.

You've lost your damn mind sir if I might respectfully say. My feet have been saved from the cold hard ground many a time by duct taping my badly damaged boots. There are some items that can only be repaired using duct tape, sure it only maintains damaged status but that's far better than ruined. Now, I know what you are thinking friend, "yes but you can always use leather sewing kits to repair your boots to worn!" This is true and alas it's also true that leather sewing kits aren't to be found in every shed, nor do they fix boots in 0.56 (a bug maybe?)... Quite seriously though, duct tape as a repair tool is very useful as it applies to basically everything and only takes up a 1x1 slot. Duct tape is on my list of "always carry one".

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 2

You've lost your damn mind sir if I might respectfully say. My feet have been saved from the cold hard ground many a time by duct taping my badly damaged boots. There are some items that can only be repaired using duct tape, sure it only maintains damaged status but that's far better than ruined. Now, I know what you are thinking friend, "yes but you can always use leather sewing kits to repair your boots to worn!" This is true and alas it's also true that leather sewing kits aren't to be found in every shed, nor do they fix boots in 0.56 (a bug maybe?)... Quite seriously though, duct tape as a repair tool is very useful as it applies to basically everything and only takes up a 1x1 slot. Duct tape is on my list of "always carry one".

I keep about 30-40 feet of duct tape in my kit at all times. Just pull out the cardboard in the middle and crush the roll. The only thing you can't really use duct tape for is bandages: the wound has to be able to breathe, and duct tape prevents vapor movement.

• Like 1

There is also this guy, called a "pump drill", which can be used to start a fire in the same way as a bow drill or a hand drill, but with much less effort, as well as ... drill holes in things. However, it takes a little bit more work and time to make as opposed to a bow drill, but the effectiveness seems to be well worth it.

It would assumedly make tool-making and general crafting much easier, as you can now drill holes without electricity.

As an aside, I am working to make one of these, with slate as the counterweight. Drilling the hole in the slate is the most difficult thing, and only really requires a steady hand and about an hour of work. Not that difficult or time-consuming for something so useful.

You should probably notice that the duct tape comment was made over 2 months ago, I I would ask that you respectfully look at what you reply to more carefully. I haven't been online for .55 and now .56 if boots and shoes degrade more now then that's outstanding.

You should probably notice that the duct tape comment was made over 2 months ago, I I would ask that you respectfully look at what you reply to more carefully. I haven't been online for .55 and now .56 if boots and shoes degrade more now then that's outstanding.

Fair point but I'm not sure that duct tape wasn't useful repairing things even then. It's been quite a while since it was just a useless item (like literally had no use).

Fair point but I'm not sure that duct tape wasn't useful repairing things even then. It's been quite a while since it was just a useless item (like literally had no use).

Until the sound suppressor duct tape could not be used to make new items and was not stellar at repairs I can see them adding significant uses for duct tape but as it stands it's no where near where it should be, think of something that relies on duct tape? Share the idea it's what this post is about

There is also this guy, called a "pump drill", which can be used to start a fire in the same way as a bow drill or a hand drill, but with much less effort, as well as ... drill holes in things. However, it takes a little bit more work and time to make as opposed to a bow drill, but the effectiveness seems to be well worth it.

It would assumedly make tool-making and general crafting much easier, as you can now drill holes without electricity.

As an aside, I am working to make one of these, with slate as the counterweight. Drilling the hole in the slate is the most difficult thing, and only really requires a steady hand and about an hour of work. Not that difficult or time-consuming for something so useful.

Pretty cool, it would be nice in a tired approach having introductory intermediate and expert tools hand drill > bow drill> Pump drill

so being trying to think about what the most useless item for expanded crafting is i think duct tape is it right now. here are some ideas that will expand duct tape into the valuable must have asset we know it can be. 

duct.jpg

here is a litter made with 2 long sticks and tape

df5942c8723b1eee90917d38f1ea1014.jpg

here is a duct tape splint

L3/Gcdn.instructables.com/FXJ/1IOHMAY6A/FXJ1IL3GOHMAY6A.LARGE.jpg

Edited by koffeekage

it would be cool to have a ground blind to hunt and as shelter, using sticks and copious amounts of fishing nets and plant material maybe spray paint like the gillie.

zmjy0x.jpg

ChloeNostrant_DIYBlind.jpg

Edited by koffeekage

Table of contents

1. Introduction

2. The Improvised Tent

3. Crafting

4. Upgrading/variations

5. Optional options/idea's/variations

1. Introduction

Hello fellow survivors, as we all know we have the Improvised backpack, weapons, tools, etc. It's time to go to the next level. Yes your eyes are not deceiving you, an Improvised Tent.

It's an idea which already is on my mind and have been brainstorming about for quite a while. I even mentioned it before in an Experimental topic.

Lately there has been a lot of work on the (natural) survival mechanisms, which is a good thing in a survival game. With all the existing and new surviving mechanisms an Improvised Tent can not be left out!

I will explain in this topic about my idea and how it could work. Feel free to brainstorm with me and give idea's. Please also give your opinions but at least construct them with arguments.

Let's stop this nonesense and talk about the idea self, shall we?

2. The Improvised Tent

Everyone would love to be able to put some extra loot away in a container, could be for a short period of time or a long. An Improvised Tent is the exact answer we're looking for, easy to set-up if you know how.

So, easy to build and of course easy to break off, which makes it perfect for temporary or longer containers.

I'm sure you're thinking that it will be game breaking if it's so easy to build. The easier it is to build, the smaller the tent, in size and space as well.

It perhaps doesn't make a lot of sense to you now but this will be explained in 4. Upgrading variations.

The Impvrovised Tent will be hard to spot as well because of the natural components.

Are you already excited for the crafting part?

3. Crafting

My idea was to make the Improvised Tent like a fireplace. It will be used as a kit to have different upgrades/variations of an Improvised Tent.

To make the basic kit you need to make a floor cover (credits to: CREDIDRED @ YouTube) which will be made out of 1 Tanned Leather and 4 Sticks.

This will give you the Tanned Leather with 4 Sticks poking in the corner on the ground. In your vicinity it will show "Improvised Tent" or "Improvised Tent Kit".

It will provide a few storage spaces which can be discussed, I would say 8 to 12 would be fair.

In the end instead of packing it you can just break it down into the materials again.

Now where do we go from here? Right, the upgrading and variation part.

4. Upgrading/variations

The more items you can add, the bigger your tent gets obviously.

By adding (more) rope, more tanned leather and more sticks you get different tents and the tents grow. There will be a maximum on this of course to balance things out and a tent shouldn't have too much space.

So each stage needs more items and has more space. The balance of these items, the capacity, the size and the several forms/stages can be discussed about.

I wish I was better at drawing so I could make some stages and show it to you guys. Explaining it can be difficult, I'll try to find some images and perhaps edit this point later.

I will put in all suggestions and idea's concerning the Improvised Tent (Kit) in this section. Of course I will only add the things which will add something to my idea.

If you think your suggestion or idea is in fact good but isn't in here then send me a PM and we can discuss things out.

5.1. Painting the tent - CREDIRED @ YouTube

By adding paint cans to the tent, a tent will be painted (green, black and camo), amount of paint can be discussed.

5.2 Ghillie on the tent - CREDIRED @ YouTube

Adding a ghillie to the tent to make it even more camouflaged. Amount of items needed for this ghillie can be discussed.

5.3 Netting (colored) on the tent - IMT

By putting a (colored) netting on the tent will make it more camouflaged and/or a bit military.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 7

Table of contents

1. Introduction

2. The Improvised Tent

3. Crafting

4. Upgrading/variations

1. Introduction

Hello fellow survivors, as we all know we have the Improvised backpack, weapons, tools, etc. It's time to go to the next level. Yes your eyes are not deceiving you, an Improvised Tent.

It's an idea which already is on my mind and have been brainstorming about for quite a while. I even mentioned it before in an Experimental topic.

Lately there has been a lot of work on the (natural) survival mechanisms, which is a good thing in a survival game. With all the existing and new surviving mechanisms an Improvised Tent can not be left out!

I will explain in this topic about my idea and how it could work. Feel free to brainstorm with me and give idea's. Please also give your opinions but at least construct them with arguments.

Let's stop this nonesense and talk about the idea self, shall we?

2. The Improvised Tent

Everyone would love to be able to put some extra loot away in a container, could be for a short period of time or a long. An Improvised Tent is the exact answer we're looking for, easy to set-up if you know how.

So, easy to build and of course easy to break off, which makes it perfect for temporary or longer containers.

I'm sure you're thinking that it will be game breaking if it's so easy to build. The easier it is to build, the smaller the tent, in size and space as well.

It perhaps doesn't make a lot of sense to you now but this will be explained in 4. Upgrading variations.

The Impvrovised Tent will be hard to spot as well because of the natural components.

Are you already excited for the crafting part?

3. Crafting

My idea was to make the Improvised Tent like a fireplace. It will be used as a kit to have different upgrades/variations of an Improvised Tent.

To make the basic kit you need to make a floor cover (credits to: CREDIDRED @ YouTube) which will be made out of 1 Tanned Leather and 4 Sticks.

This will give you the Tanned Leather with 4 Sticks poking in the corner on the ground. In your vicinity it will show "Improvised Tent" or "Improvised Tent Kit".

It will provide a few storage spaces which can be discussed, I would say 8 to 12 would be fair.

In the end instead of packing it you can just break it down into the materials again.

Now where do we go from here? Right, the upgrading and variation part.

4. Upgrading/variations

The more items you can add, the bigger your tent gets obviously.

By adding (more) rope, more tanned leather and more sticks you get different tents and the tents grow. There will be a maximum on this of course to balance things out and a tent shouldn't have too much space.

So each stage needs more items and has more space. The balance of these items, the capacity, the size and the several forms/stages can be discussed about.

I wish I was better at drawing so I could make some stages and show it to you guys. Explaining it can be difficult, I'll try to find some images and perhaps edit this point later.

I will put in all suggestions and idea's concerning the Improvised Tent (Kit) in this section. Of course I will only add the things which will add something to my idea.

If you think your suggestion or idea is in fact good but isn't in here then send me a PM and we can discuss things out.

5.1. Painting the tent - CREDIRED @ YouTube

5.2 Ghillie on the tent - CREDIRED @ YouTube

5.3 Netting (colored) on the tent - IMT

Merged.