Sign in to follow this  
Kiekos

Which loot tables to believe?

Hey there! We've got plenty sources to get information about in-game items. My question is whether any of those base on the actual loot tables?  :huh:

Let me explain... After my "find the suppressor east" adventures I started to think something may not be right. I've never had a proper DayZ run with a silenced AK so I thought it would be a good idea to get one. I've collected everything except the suppressor. It's weird cause I've even found two PSO-1's...

I know those used to spawn in teddy bears underneath the christmass trees as of 0.52 build. Right now the wiki page says it spawns in "General military" but running around the map looting barracks and other buildings listed in "General military" brought nothing. In the Chernarus+ map on dayzdb.com, on the other hand, the suppressor is not even in the loot tables.

On the other hand, while trying to find the answer on various DayZ forums I've come across people saying that those "probably" spawn only on heli crash sites (but no one could confirm...).

So here comes the question again, which source to believe? I always presumed they are somewhat right but now I'm starting to doubt that.  :(

Edited by Kiekos

Lol this is true ^^ ... but in all reality it is nothing more than a HUGE waste of time for these people who try and make loot maps.  At this moment the game is in a constant state of change and will be for quite a while to come, best to just explore yourself from patch to patch and you will begin to see patterns yourself.

• Like 1

( Believable ) Loot tables are not open to us anymore. You used to be able to datamine the gamefiles to see spawnrates and locations (the map providers used that data for their maps), but as 0.52 introduced loot control by the central hive, no file on your computer will tell the truth to you.

Holy shit, just play the f n game. Run around and loot, you find what you find. Today's gamers, I swear, it's like going through a Where's Waldo book and having someone else show you where he is.

Sorry, had to be said.

Edited by JubeiDOK
  • Like 2

I think there's small tweaks each patch so the information is probably off/behind.  I kinda like that though, it leaves reason to discover things on your own and be surprised.

• Like 1

Holy shit, just play the f n game. Run around and loot, you find what you find. Today's gamers, I swear, it's like going through a Where's Waldo book and having someone else show you where he is.

Sorry, had to be said.

I've been playing DayZ that way since release and just want to throw some unique experience from time to time. You're telling me you've never had a craving to have a "themed" dayz run (with friends or while lone wolfing)? If not, you're missing out dude. No need to get butthurt like crazy.

I assume the loot tables are always fluctuating due to the devs testing various stuff.  Like now it's all raincoats and I never find those yellow boxes anymore.  Finding guns is relatively easy, but it seems like there are never any magazines.

I assume the loot tables are always fluctuating due to the devs testing various stuff.  Like now it's all raincoats and I never find those yellow boxes anymore.  Finding guns is relatively easy, but it seems like there are never any magazines.

And why the heck did they trade out all of the splitting axes for brooms?  Those things are useless as weapons, maybe they are just for the hackers who fly around the map?

And why the heck did they trade out all of the splitting axes for brooms?  Those things are useless as weapons, maybe they are just for the hackers who fly around the map?

Makes more sense. Every house in real life is going to have at least one broom, usually more. Only people with a splitting axe would mostly be those with a wood stove or avid campers.

• Like 2

Variables apply to tables, combine this with Murphy's and you have the answer.

Trust no one.

Makes more sense. Every house in real life is going to have at least one broom, usually more. Only people with a splitting axe would mostly be those with a wood stove or avid campers.

Sure, but the small sheds with the lean-to that usually have axes and sometimes hacksaws don't really seem like a place one would find a broom.

Sure, but the small sheds with the lean-to that usually have axes and sometimes hacksaws don't really seem like a place one would find a broom.

Probably finding brooms that people traded for axes because I found a few axes at those little sheds.

Probably finding brooms that people traded for axes because I found a few axes at those little sheds.

I have also found axes, as well as triple hatchets and hacksaws.  Something funny is going on with the brooms though, they are by far the most common spawn, like glowsticks in the 0.51.